8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Anybody interested in this Trailer???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Anybody interested in this Trailer???
Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2004 12:17 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,
I have in my 16mm collection the Gary Anderson feature "Journey to the far side of the Sun". I have also a mint Technicolor 35mm Trailer of this title, but I have only a 16mm and Super 8 Projector. So I´m thinking about to release this Trailer on Super 8 and 16mm, is anybody on this forum also interested in this Trailer ?

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 05, 2004 03:35 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oemer, when about was it made, what would a 16mm print likely cost then and what would it be on, Fuji? actetate/mylar?
I see from time to time quite a lot of 16mm negatives of trailers come up, usually in a bunch.
Best Mark.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 05, 2004 03:51 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,
all Films made in Germany are available in Super 8 and 16mm. I don´t know what kind of stock they use, but it must be the same as the other Super 8 prints from germany.
16mm cost ~the double of the Super 8 price.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 05, 2004 04:49 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Mark, I dont think anything is printed on Acetate these days. Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 05, 2004 05:20 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi kev, I think you might be surprised that many of the german releaes are on fuji acetate, well or so I am told, they hold the stripe better.
Best Mark.
Ps or maybe they were in the last year or two.

Hi Oemer, where might a chap find out about what he can get in 16mm trailers, also is the sound german or english.Thanks for the help.

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2004 12:47 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

all 16mm prints from Germany are on FUJI polyester film stock. Only the 8mm prints are on KODAK acetate, as long as this film stock is available. Due to the many problems with applying sound stripe on FUJI polyester film stock, acetate is used. If you do not need any sound stripe at all you can get super8mm prints on FUJI polyester, too. This is interesting for ELMO GS-1200 sync users, only. I have several friends who use perforated tape on a REVOX tape machine and are syncing the ELMO GS-1200 with the REVOX machine. Thus they have excellent sound from the REVOX and do not need the sound stripe any more.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2004 02:29 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,
the Trailer is with english sound. When it is released you can get it from all dealers who sell this prints.
My dealer told me, I can get any Trailer or Feature also in 16mm, and it cost the double.
The Problem is, if I produce the Trailer release, it cost me also the negativ but you all know, if they are anough buyer they pay the negativ and I must pay only my print.
I know only one collector who want this trailer. But Gary Anderson is in the UK more popular as in Germany.
The British Title of "Journey to the Far Side of the Sun" is "Dobbelgänger"
AND YOU CAN SEE THE TRAILER ONLINE HERE:
http://videodetective.com/home.asp?SpeedTestResults=317.88&PublishedID=3609&AltID=&CustomerID=97135&WM=True&Ads=True&Play=True

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 06, 2004 03:31 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oemer, looks good and I think I would probably go for a copy if on the fuji poly stock as that is lovely stuff, runs like a dream, got two towers on that and fantastic.Colours abit blue mind but still nice.
Best Mark.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 06, 2004 03:48 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched my 35mm Trailer only once (long time ago) but I remember the color is great. The actual Trailer is a little bit longer than this on the internet.

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 06, 2004 04:21 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oemer, the bluey colour I refered to in Twin Towers was in the printing bias not te origional neg as far as I know.
This certainly sounds like a nice title.
About how long doe it run wold you say.
Funnily enough I`ve never even heard of the film, never mind seen it but it looks great, it has just passed me by somehow.
Anyway hope you go ahead with it and it works out well.
best Mark.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC