8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Very nice Gs from Canada

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Very nice Gs from Canada
Ugo Grassi
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2004 11:30 AM      Profile for Ugo Grassi   Email Ugo Grassi   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
GS1200!! click here!

--------------------
Bye
Ugo

|  IP: Logged

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted October 15, 2004 01:57 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice find Ugo! How does this seller know it's mint if it has not been tried out? [Big Grin]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 15, 2004 02:19 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! It does *look* MIB. If it's been stored properly, maybe it's still operationnal. Nice sleuth work, Ugo.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Tom Mc Kenzie
Film Handler

- posted October 15, 2004 03:37 PM      Profile for Tom Mc Kenzie   Email Tom Mc Kenzie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Funny I heard a rumour of a number of Elmo projectors and sapres becoming available in Canada recently. Subject to some kind of customs cock up. They are new machinesnever used. A guy I know emailed me and I am trying to investigate via my brother in law who lives in Canada whether they exist.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 16, 2004 05:06 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Tom do keep us informed on this one but I do think it's probably a rumour as I wouldnt think that Elmo would have let a batch of machines and spares just sit in Customs and certainly not for all these years!

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 16, 2004 06:54 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The GS has reached $1,200.00 and the auction isn't over yet.
The seller is also offering other machines (Bauer T60, Eiki NT2, etc.)

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 16, 2004 05:21 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Having looked at the eBay listing, what really surprised me was to see what appears to be a remote control in one of the polystyrene sections. Does anyone know if these were ever supplied with a new projector? I've never heard of this happening, so this seems amazingly rare to me. If anyone has one, or has seen one in action, I'd be interested to know how useful they are.
Adrian

[ October 16, 2004, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted October 16, 2004 05:28 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dribble dribble. [Razz]

Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2004 02:24 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian

I have a remote for my GS and can tell you that it is more of a gimmick than anything. I imagine that they would have been useful if you were, for instance showing an educational film to a class and needed to stop and rewind etc. Fot me, I ocassionaly plug it in so that I can start and stop the GS from the comfort of my arm chair and feel a bit decadent [Wink] . I'm glad I've got it though, it's all part of the Elmo experience [Roll Eyes] .

The control also has the facility to start and stop recording on both channels, I'm not sure when you would need to do that remotely?

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 17, 2004 06:26 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike
Thanks for the information. Did you buy it separately from the projector? If I could get one for a reasonable price, I'd buy one, but I've always felt that what would really be useful with a remote would be a fine focus adjustment. In view of the recording controls, I hope it's not too easy to press the wrong button in the dark and wipe part of the soundtrack!
Adrian

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC