8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Reminder -- Send in your manuals (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Reminder -- Send in your manuals
David Nethery
Junior

- posted January 12, 2019 10:07 AM      Profile for David Nethery   Email David Nethery   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Link: Ricoh 800-Z User Manual

This is the manual for the Ricoh 800Z, a very fine Super-8mm camera. My regular flatbed scanner is giving me trouble at the moment , so I scanned these pages with my iPhone using the AdobeScan app . Quality is readable , but not great , as I did not have any way to clean-up the scans (the original manual is yellowed with age and has some water stains, it was that way when I got it.) Anyway, if you have this camera , but did not have the manual, this will be useful.

The review of the Ricoh 800Z on the Super-8 Wiki puts it well:

quote:
" An affordable alternative to a Nikon R8, and possibly better than the R8 in some ways: It is the same lens as on the R8 (built by Nikon), minus the macro setting, and with extra coatings. This should in theory make the lens perform better than the controversial R8 lens. I have been unable to test this however as my R8 needs its wiring fixed. Like the R8/R10 it also auto-meters for a wide range of film speeds with a "variable" notch; can read film stock rated 10-250 ASA Daylight and 25-400 ASA Tungsten, making it an easy camera to use with modern film stocks, however the electronic and even the manual meter will not work without the additional button cell battery [PX-14 ]. While it does not have the dissolve and double exposure options offered by the R8, where I think this really beats the R8 is with the sturdy, compact design and fold-able handle, which makes it easy to fit in a backpack and great for tripod shooting. It's smaller and lighter than the R8 and more well balanced (imo). Not sure how steady it is in comparison to the R8, but a frame-master plate can eliminate most frame jitter anyway. You can also call it a "true successor" to the Nikon 8X Super Zoom, as the body design is very similar.

In Conclusion: A simple, no-nonsense, underrated camera with a decent lens. It should be competitive with the Canon 814 E AZ and Nikon R8 but typically the Ricoh can be had for much cheaper, I only paid $15 for mine. I would say it's also superior to the R10 in the same ways it's superior to the R8, however the lens on the R10 is what generally makes it a better camera. "

Super 8 Wiki - Ricoh 800z

Photos of Ricoh 800Z

As with most cameras of this age , the most likely thing to be broken is the delicate light meter. Check carefully with the seller (on eBay , etc.) that they have inserted the necessary PX-14 replacement battery (or equivalent) into the light meter battery chamber and confirmed that the light meter is functional.

If you are thinking of purchasing one of these cameras, note well that the light meter is powered by a PX-14, is a single battery which is 2.7v , not the usual two 1.35v button batteries. Two 1.35v Wein Cell batteries stacked in the compartment might work. There is a replacement PX-14 made by EXELL but it's rated as 3.0v .

http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_a14px.htm

Small Battery Company also sells (or used to sell) a PX14 adapter . Currently shown as out-of-stock:

http://www.smallbattery.company.org.uk/sbc_px14_adapter.htm

-

|  IP: Logged

Rene van der Ven
Junior

- posted March 23, 2019 09:59 AM      Profile for Rene van der Ven   Email Rene van der Ven   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi All,

Does anybody own a manual for the super 8 projector Noris SMD , which they are willing to share ?

Much appreciated
Many thanks,
Rene

Nicholas Katrinic
Junior

- posted July 09, 2019 01:42 AM      Profile for Nicholas Katrinic     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could not find any 8mm movie camera manuals on that link

--------------------
Nicholas Katrinic

Stuart Ulferts
Junior

- posted September 20, 2019 09:46 PM      Profile for Stuart Ulferts   Email Stuart Ulferts   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.film-tech.com/warehouse/index.php?category=2

--------------------
Stuart

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC