8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Ordering "Matrix" excerp

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Ordering "Matrix" excerp
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 07, 2004 07:36 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Derann's October newsletter, it was stated that a new Matrix excerp would be available very soon. In the November newsletter, they updated that the release was running a little behind, but should be ready for Blackpool. Checking the newsletter for December, there is not even a mention of the excerp at all. A search of there site also proved negative.

Was this available at Blackpool? If not, are there still plans to release it? Was it all just a dream [Roll Eyes] [Roll Eyes] ?

Anyone with information, please help.

Nick.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted December 07, 2004 10:22 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Nick,

I asked Gary the same question earlier this week. He replied that the new "Matrix" extract is unavailable as yet. There goes that stocking stuffer.....of course it would be my own stocking....

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted December 08, 2004 09:51 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know - having heard the story of this from Ged Jones at Blackpool - that they have had major problems with this release. They have even gone to the expense of having 2 different negatives made by different labs, and then prints made from both, but the results are poor. They suspect that the print used as a master (which is fine) has an unusual coating which has some sort of reflective effect that ruins the negative. It happened once before with another release and they had to get round it by getting the print treated in some way. So, it's taking time, but they seem determined to release it as soon as the results are acceptable.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2004 10:48 AM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, I spoke to Duncan only an Hour ago about this, and it is definately going to miss Santa's sleigh [Frown] . Judging by what the excerpt is, it will definately be worth the wait. [Smile]

It all adds to the excitement [Big Grin]

Col

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2004 02:27 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am very sorry to hear about the delay on this anticipated release. On the other hand, I totally respect the fact that Derann chose to wait until the quality of the film was up to their excellent standards. I would much prefer to not have something released at all, than to have it released with poor or average quality.

It really says alot for a company that will forfiet Christmas sales to give the customer a better quality product.

Derann Films, I salute you.

(now hurry up [Big Grin] ) ..........just kidding.

Nick.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC