8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » How much for a GS1200 Xenon

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How much for a GS1200 Xenon
Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2005 11:07 AM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Guys
Just wondered if anyone could give me a rough guide as to what is a fair price to pay for a GS1200 Xenon

Many thanks
Col

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2005 11:47 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colin, I suspect that is a tough one to answer as it will depend on condition, age of lamp etc.

Me? I guess I would want a mint one for no more than £1400 (or £1000 if it was from IanO'Reilly [Wink]

I think others have paid about £1700 for really nice models

Have you found one then?

--------------------
Tony

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2005 11:59 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Colin,

Tony is about right on the prices (unless you get lucky). I purchased a nice mintish GS1200 Xenon from a great old(er) gentleman in France back in September.

I don't like to brag so I didn't mention it yet on the forum but now there's gonna be no stopping me! It came with a spare Toshiba Xenon and various other bits for £1700 and I love it!!

Now all I need is a lesson in changing that xenon [Confused] , Mr Elmo I'll be in touch [Wink] .

Good luck with your purchase.

Regards, Ricky.

Ian, Remember I'm first on your list for 'The Fearless Vampire Killers' next time you get a print in!!!

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2005 12:13 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky.

So where in London are you and at what time is the house unoccupied? [Wink]

Great news and every reason to Brag! Was it an ebay purchase or how did you locate it.

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 17, 2005 04:02 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky, Nice one and its a doddle doing a lamp change but to do the adjustments really maens removing the amplifier as you cant get to the adjustment screws for aligning the lamp as they are at the rear of the lamphouse.

Get in touch direct if you need help.

My Xenon cost me a bit more than that but then it had only 20 hours use, original box and accessories etc. Non of the gudes ahd any wear in them which backs up the 20 hours only use.

Great machines once you get used to the noise from the forceful fan.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2005 05:05 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not just the fan that makes a noise eh Kev? [Wink]

--------------------
Tony

Colin Preston
Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2005 07:09 PM      Profile for Colin Preston   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the advice gents [Wink] All duly noted
Col

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 18, 2005 08:59 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here in the states you should generally pay around $2500 for them. Possibly more if in the original box. Funny thing is that the "P" model, they player only goes for the same as the record model. You wouldn't think it but they do!

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 18, 2005 01:17 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan

How many of the Xenon P and Record models did Elmo make? Any idea? Could be the fact that they are hard to find that drives the price?

--------------------
Tony

Ronnie Coeuhant
Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2005 12:53 AM      Profile for Ronnie Coeuhant   Email Ronnie Coeuhant   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be because they have less moving parts so less parts to break.

If I may ask, how many use their Xenon non-P's for recording?

From what I see, Xenon owners also have GS-1200's. True? False?

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 19, 2005 11:40 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use to at one time have 2 GS1200 Halogens and 2 Xenons! Crazy huh? [Smile]
I was always afraid to use the Xenon machine to record because of the price of the bulb. Now that the clone is out for around $250 it wouldn't be that much of a concern.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC