8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Derann's Split Payment Plan no more

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann's Split Payment Plan no more
Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 31, 2005 08:49 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi guys. I tried to purchase Star Wars Full Feature from Derann and was informed that the split payment option on credit card is no longer an option due to heavy losses from overseas customers. That is a main drag. That will definitely curtail any big purchases I was going to make. I have been a good customer for at least 7 years I would think that they would take that into account but I guess their customer base is too large for that. Sad. Opinions?

|  IP: Logged

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2005 10:41 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,

Another nail in their (our) coffin (s)! [Frown]

Are you guys for real (if you are reading this!) [Roll Eyes]

You know you can trust us [Wink]

Perrys offer a payment plan of 10 bob a week! [Eek!]

Tony [Big Grin]

[ January 31, 2005, 03:37 PM: Message edited by: Tony Milman ]

--------------------
Tony

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 31, 2005 03:05 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The best "other" options i can think of is this,
Take out one the credit cards that offer an interest free period, the Halifax do 9 months,others mostly do 6 months.
Then all you do is simply pay them as you would Derann. You got your interest free, and your film up front. Derann get there dosh,Everyones happy.
After the final payment chop up the card and get another from different company. And buy your next film. [Wink]

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted January 31, 2005 03:38 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That is a whole lot of work really to buy one film.
It would have been great to have the option of paying for the film in its entirety before its shipped as Paul Foster does.
Se la vie.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2005 05:07 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan,

What if I buy the film and watch it and you them pay me each month so when I get the last payment I can send you the film

i will of course take great care of it [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted January 31, 2005 05:21 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe the Lightwater group could start an export business. [Big Grin]

Its a great shame that Derann have had to go down this route as some titles are just too much to lay out for in one hit.

Come on Derann there must be another way round this one?

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted January 31, 2005 05:36 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's disappointing. However, if you start saving now and can afford it by about July, you'll save 20-25% as they always have the summer sale then!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted February 01, 2005 03:43 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dear all,

Before this gets out of hand the interest free credit scheme is STILL available to U.K customers.

Unfortunately we have been stung too often of late abroad and cannot offer this method of payment to overseas customers. Nothing personnel but as you can understand we cannot afford to give prints away!

All the best for now,

Duncan

--------------------
Why not visit the Derann Film Services website on www.derann.co.uk

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2005 07:50 AM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan
Are you insinuating that our freinds oversea's are Crooks..! [Confused] that's no way to win hearts and minds.
Be very careful that you do not get sued for discrimination. [Big Grin]
Regards
Ian

Craig Hamilton
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2005 08:17 AM      Profile for Craig Hamilton     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mr O’Reilly, glad to see you are alive and well. Have you worked out how to use Outlook Express yet? Or, are you still using carrier pigeons to reply to customer enquires. I have a wallet full of cash and you don’t want it. [Frown]

I will keep a look out this afternoon for a pigeon with an email tied to it’s legs. [Big Grin]

Craig

--------------------
I dream of becoming a dealer!!!!!!
Is Perry's Movies for Sale.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 01, 2005 08:31 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok..now I feel better knowing that its only the Overseas customers that are getting bit! [Frown]
Boy.. I feel much better.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2005 10:20 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Come on Alan, own up! What didn't you pay them for?

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 01, 2005 11:48 AM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was the 400ft'er to the Rose...I didn't think it was that big a deal since there were so many around. I wanted them to split it up into 3 payments of $2.00 US spread over 3 months.
Now was that so bad? [Embarrassed]

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2005 12:09 PM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Ian for getting your new specs and meeting that nice chap, what was his name? Oh yes Lazarus (spelling!!) [Eek!]

Also noticed that your post number might give away what you have been up to [Wink] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

--------------------
Tony

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 01, 2005 12:13 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
60 more posts from you, Mr. Milman and the world will finally know.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Ian O'Reilly
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2005 01:57 PM      Profile for Ian O'Reilly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AH ..! "69" A Meal FOR TWO. [Razz]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted February 01, 2005 02:20 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Oh, and what comes after "that" meal for two?
Mouthwash [Big Grin]
Oops, did i just overstep my bowels?

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted February 01, 2005 02:23 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And it started as such an innocent thread.... [Smile]

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2005 02:40 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I saw "69" on a Chinese menu once. I think it meant " 2 CANCHU"
[Eek!]

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted February 02, 2005 03:41 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Come on guy's keep it clean! [Big Grin]

It is good though to see you contributing again Ian. [Wink]

Kev [Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 02, 2005 08:24 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

That's exactly what his wife said [Big Grin] oops

--------------------
Tony

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 02, 2005 08:55 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think that Kevin and I will have to suggest creating a separate forum just for Tony and his lurid, risque and salacious (where's my thesaurus?) postings. OK, they're also funny. Unfortunately, future forum members will come across this thread and wonder how the joke got started since the posting numbers constantly change. Ah.....humor is such a transient beast.
Anyway, to get back on point, it would be nice if customers with good credit history could receive the split payment option from the friendly folks at Derann. Unless it was just such a person who swindled them in the first place!

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted February 03, 2005 10:08 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm not even sure I really get what all the brouhaha is about, since shopping with a credit card in itself allows you to dunk out the big money first, then pay it off bit by bit over time. OK, you have finance charges to contend with, but it all comes down to being financially smart (or not). Right? [Big Grin]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC