8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » It's a sad day for us and Derann!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: It's a sad day for us and Derann!
Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 05, 2005 05:03 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
"I heard the news today oh Boy, Duncan is leaving Derann Film Services" [Frown]

Yes indeed, Duncan is moving on and leaving Derann. I think those that have dealt with Derann and Duncan, especially in the UK here, will miss Duncan very much. He has over the years been very helpful when phoned up for that elusive item on the s/h list or when asked for a discount on one of their features etc. You could always guarantee a cheerful reception on the phone, when he answered it [Big Grin]

Duncan has promised to try and be at the BFCC in October but on the other side of the dealers stand this time. I believe he will also be helping on the Derann Stall at Blackpool.

I would like to wish Duncan all the best for the future from myself and all the members on the 8mm forum that know him and hope that all goes well in his new job selling Sports Equipment.

Kev
[Smile]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

|  IP: Logged

Rob Young.
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2005 05:52 AM      Profile for Rob Young.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, I have to agree that you could always rely upon Duncan to be really helpful and cheerful.

It is indeed a shame that he's leaving Derann.

I'd like to wish him all the best for the future.

Tony Milman
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2005 06:20 AM      Profile for Tony Milman   Author's Homepage   Email Tony Milman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan,

All the very best for the future-been nice dealing with you

--------------------
Tony

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2005 06:40 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Duncan is/was extremely helpful and friendly with all queries. He and Gary make a very good 'double-act' at open days and conventions. Derann seem to produce great salespeople.
All the best for the future, Duncan. Hope to see you at Ealing.
By the way anyone remember a former Derann employee Steve Morris?
Mal

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2005 07:32 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
May I echo all the sentiments already expressed.

In the few dealings I have had thus far with Derann and Duncan, each has been a pleasant experience.

Good luck Duncan in your future endeavours.

Dave.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2005 09:42 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
So long Duncs. Good luck in the new job. It's been good to have you at Derann over the last few years and I'm sure all of us are going to miss you.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2005 12:09 PM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just spoken to Duncan and wished him well in his new job (selling sports gear in a sports shop), he will be missed by most collectors as he was always ready to have a chat with you. He definately will be at Blackpool, as he is helping them out over that weekend, so I'll catch up with him in November. I think Derann will surely miss him, and I know for a fact Derek thought very highly of him, as he told me himself that he was very pleased he found Duncan, he will be missed, and I think Derann will be very lucky to find as able assistant again.

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2005 12:58 PM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree with all thats been said about Duncan and also wish him well'

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 05, 2005 01:30 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WHAT [Eek!]
Dunc's mate where the F*** you going. We aves a laf on the phone. Bad news, who can replace this geezer. [Frown]
Hope they get a good bloke in, you'l take some beatin boy. Best of luck. I'll ring Monday.(if your still there)
Ah balls, thats a majour nail in the coffin for super 8 for me. [Frown] [Wink]

Tell me mate, is it those mental Mondays after the list goes out [Big Grin] ,

Antonio Costa Mota
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2005 01:34 PM      Profile for Antonio Costa Mota   Email Antonio Costa Mota   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Duncan
Although my dealings have mostly been with Gary, I had the chance to meet Duncan a couple of times at the Ealing Conventions. I wish you well and hope you will enjoy your new
job.
All the best

Antonio

--------------------
António C. Mota

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted August 05, 2005 01:40 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Let me be the first U.S. resident to wish Duncan all the best for his future endeavors - although I have not had a whole lot of contact with either Duncan or Gary, I agree they are both among the nicest people I've ever dealt with, even if only by email. [Smile]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 05, 2005 02:49 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still messed up [Confused] My mates going [Frown]

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted August 05, 2005 03:24 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If Duncan's reading this, I'd also like to wish him all the best. I always found him very helpful and pleasant to deal with. But won't he find it a bit dull dealing with all those 'normal' people in a sports shop?

Adrian

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 05, 2005 03:55 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good luck Duncan! But I agree with Adrian. Are'nt you going to miss all the excitement of dealing with us movie eccentric's, the fun of getting stripe to stick to film and getting sound tracks in sync etc? [Big Grin] I figure you will be back in 6 months!

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 05, 2005 08:06 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Best of luck, Duncan. It was a real pleasure meeting you and the rest of the Derann family.

Was it something we said?

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2005 02:32 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I forgot to mention that yesterday (Friday 5th August) was Duncan's last day, and I only managed to talk to him with 3 minutes to spare, so to those collectors who were thinking of phoning next week, well I'm afraid Duncan will be firmly in sports selling mode, as from Monday. You know what, I've got this strange feeling that we haven't seen the last of Duncan, I know he's already commited his services to Blackpool later this year, but don't be surprised to see him at other 8mm events, as I know he has made many friends in the 8mm world, and once touched by the magic that is 8mm film collecting (and its mad collectors), your never quite the same again!

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 06, 2005 02:37 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan who? [Confused]

...only kidding [Smile]

No more ginga jokes, we'll have to turn our attention to Gary's fine mop top!! What a unique CV you'll have after your time with Derann.

Wishing you all the best mate, when's the leaving party? [Razz]

Rick.

(Trying to use all the Graemlins in one message is not possible)

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2005 04:18 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hopefully Duncan may look in and see this thread as it's too late to contact him at Derann. I too will miss his excellent friendly service and prompt email replies, and wish him every success in his new job. It wasn't the stress of our repeated 'How is Master & Commander coming along then?' type questions that caused him to move on per chance [Wink]
Kevin.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 07, 2005 04:59 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan told me on Friday that he would still pop into the forum from time to time so lets hope he does just that. [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 07, 2005 12:53 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know if they plan to replace him, or is it a sign of cutting back with cine on the slow down [Frown]

Chris Quinn
Master Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2005 02:03 PM      Profile for Chris Quinn   Email Chris Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sports clothes, cine film, sports clothes, cine film. Nah you'll be back.

All the best for the future though,
Chris.

--------------------
The other half thinks i'm up to something. Shes right of course.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2005 03:10 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Duncan, if you're reading this; How's Master and Commander coming on?

Only Kidding [Big Grin] [Razz]

Derann simply won't be the same, you'll be missed matey that's for sure [Frown] .

But all the best for the future! [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Duncan MacLeod
Junior

- posted August 19, 2005 09:17 AM      Profile for Duncan MacLeod   Author's Homepage   Email Duncan MacLeod   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just managed to get online. Just a quick note of thanks to all who wished me well. Jobs going well with allot to learn in a short space of time but can't complain. Got to meet allot of nice people with my time at Derann and will miss the banter but don't worry, for those of you who can't live without me I will be available at Blackpool, drinks accepted.

Thanks again to Ged,Steve, Gary, Adrian for some great times, hope all is well. Oh, and if anyone wants to be buy a treadmill or golf trolly let me know [Wink]

Cheers all,

Duncan

--------------------
Why not visit the Derann Film Services website on www.derann.co.uk

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 19, 2005 10:06 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Great to hear from you Duncan and glad all is working out for you in your new job. Take it you are now talikng a load of "balls" [Big Grin]
Hope to see you at Ealing, Kev. [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC