8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Eumig 1.0 lens!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Eumig 1.0 lens!
Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 12, 2005 07:56 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm very surprised to have just discovered a dealer selling a EUMIG SUPROVAR 1,0/18-28mm lens in a case, price 150 Euro. I had no idea that there was a Eumig 1.0 lens. Does anyone have one - if so would you recommend it? I suppose using one with a 100 watt Xenophot lamp would give an impressively bright picture. Were they made for any particular projectors, and can they be used in the 800 series?

Any comments much appreciated.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted October 12, 2005 09:17 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian, I havent got one of those lenses but I remember it being heralded as being one of the the best ever 1.0 lenses. They are very hard to come by and often go for quite high prices.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 14, 2005 05:31 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ October 14, 2005, 04:41 PM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 15, 2005 08:51 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin, it seems you made him speechless. [Cool]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 17, 2005 08:23 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had one and I was always fiddling with the focus..... [Confused]

--------------------
Trevor

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted October 19, 2005 07:16 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It wasn't Kevin that made me speechless. What happened was that I'd sent a post saying that I'd ordered the lens and I would say something about it once I'd received it.

However, just before I paid, I received a message from a contributor here, kindly pointing out that although the lens would fit the barrel of my Eumig 824, the focus knob would not work. For some reason, the seller had not mentioned this! I quickly deleted the message, but I've only now got round to explaining why.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted October 19, 2005 10:05 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bummer. [Frown] So which projectors is the Suprovar 1.0 lens intended for, then? I assume it has a smooth barrel whereas the 824 projector wants a lens with a threaded barrel?

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Bruce Rawlings
Junior

- posted November 09, 2005 02:53 PM      Profile for Bruce Rawlings   Email Bruce Rawlings   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I remember rightly the f1 was fitted to the Eumig MarkDL silent machine. I have one and as an earlier comment said it is difficult to focus because of the short depth of field. Fantastic pictures though.

David Roberts
Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2005 11:21 AM      Profile for David Roberts     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I remember the late Ivan Watson raved about this lens in Movie Maker around 1968! I think at the time,this lens cost him £35.at a time when the DL projector it was designed for only cost £15. more.
I think it will work with the earlier mk s sound machines ie those that you focus by twisting the barrel.

David

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2005 02:08 PM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have one of these lenses and as it has a 32.5mm barrel with partial screw thread only and a larger than usual front end barrel so it can be awkward to fit to some models. I have recently bought a Eumig S-710D purposely to use with the lens and it really is very bright and quite sharp although as with all F1.0 lenses any warp across the film frame does present focusing problems due to the very narrow focus tolerance. The S-710D is a superb machine as well but I am very pleased I kept a Craven Hum Filter for years as the pre-HQS Eumigs do hum along nicely even when the coils are tweaked a bit. Standard 8 runs perfectly on this model too by the way.
Kevin

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2005 07:31 AM      Profile for Heinz-Juergen Schachner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello,

I have an EUMIG Suprovar 1.0 lens for sale at the moment. The lens comes in its original leather case and sales box. Maybe someone is interested in it for £ 50 plus shipping fees.

Best Wishes

Heinz-Juergen Schachner
Germany

Dimitrios Kremalis
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 25, 2005 10:39 AM      Profile for Dimitrios Kremalis   Email Dimitrios Kremalis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Heinz,
Just out of curiosity, how does this lens compare with Elmo 1.0?

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted November 26, 2005 11:37 AM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just spotted a Eumig S810 D Lux projector on UK eBay with a Suprogon 1.1 lens. It's clear from a picture of the box that some were sold with this lens. Does anyone know if the light output seems significantly more than the 1.2 lens that many 'Lux' models were fitted with?

If anyone has one for sale, I'd be interested.

[ November 26, 2005, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Adrian Winchester ]

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC