8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Your Screening Room Pictures. (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12 

Author Topic: Your Screening Room Pictures.
Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 30, 2006 05:47 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
As Mike said in another thread, all the pictures of peoples screening rooms are all within various other threads.

Lets get them all in one place.

Please post all you pictures of screening rooms into this thread to make it easier for people to find them.

Who is going to start us off?

Thanks, Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

|  IP: Logged

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted June 30, 2006 09:08 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Room with screen and masking retracted (non-movie mode)
 -

General View with Lights dimmed, screen powered down, and masking panels pulled in (movie mode)
 -

Pathe Baby on display stand
 -

Revere Model 80, Bolex 18-5 and Pathescope Ace in display case with some films and film books
 -

[ June 30, 2006, 01:39 PM: Message edited by: Paul Adsett ]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 30, 2006 09:42 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul for getting the thread started. Like the 9.5.

Take it that's not just a picture pasted to the wall [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted June 30, 2006 06:59 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hope a link to my personal webpage is acceptable:

http://home.neo.rr.com/taesite/cinema.html

Already out-of-date... needs an update... gimme time [Wink]

--------------------
Call me Phoenix. *dusts off the ashes*

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2006 03:42 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin

Many thanks for setting up this thread, and thanks Paul and Jan for being the first to post your screening room pictures here, Paul I like the additional shot of the "movie display cabinet" that's a nice touch.

It'd be great to see more screening rooms on this thread now as it is really putting me in the mood to get mine underway!

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 02, 2006 11:39 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I believe Chip also had some
nice shots from his home
set-up.

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 03, 2006 08:32 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey Jan, great stuff! American style! Looks just like my place! [Smile]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 04, 2006 08:39 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really? [Cool] Well, how about some pick-sures, then? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 07, 2006 06:08 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kev
Great idea not sure how to move photos from place to another without mucking things up. Kev you are more than welcome to alter, edit anything I have submitted and add it to this topic oh how did you get on with Cinema Paradiso!.
Regards Graham.

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 07, 2006 07:21 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Graham,

I believe moving pictures from an existing thread is very easy indeed. Find the original picture and rightclick on it, then select "Copy Image Location" from the context menu (this applies to Windows XP, by the way). Then, just paste the link you copied into your new post, making sure to enclose it within 'IMG' tags. Voila, you just re-posted an existing picture! (As the image link is the same, there is no second copy of the picture so no server space is wasted.) [Smile]

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 07, 2006 07:42 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I like to put movie related art around my screening room, it really adds to the atmosphere and gets the audience in the mood to watch a great classic movie. Here are a few of the art pictures that I have placed on my room walls:

I found this great movie collage in an art shop a couple of weeks ago:

-

This one is called appropriately 'Play it Again' and shows Bogey and a host of stars in Ricks Cafe. I have this located on the wall where the screen rolls down- it is the perfect picture for that location.

-

and this great old Pathescope ad is a great complement to my projector display case:

-

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 09, 2006 03:36 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jan
Thanks for your help. I gave it a go but havent been successful so far I will give it another try later this week. much appreciated.
Graham.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 11, 2006 09:39 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
 -

-

Entrance with Jar Jar scaring the hell out of everyone [Smile]
 -

GS1200 and B/H 16mm
 -

Ernemann 2 projector "The Big Beasty"
 -

The Projection Box "The engine room"
 -

Graham [Smile]

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 11, 2006 10:06 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just awesome... absolutely awesome... I can't get over how much this engine room looks like a playground for cine enthusiasts [Smile] Drool...

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2006 11:34 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,

Cool posters! [Smile]
The montage and
Play It Again are
terrific.

Graham,

Impressive set-up,
and great atmosphere too. [Smile]
Although I like Jar-Jar,
I could see myself forgetting
that he is standing nearby,
and I might mistake him for
an intruder standing in
the dark. [Big Grin]

By the way, how is the lens
mounted on the GS, and what
type of lens is it?

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 13, 2006 05:20 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Jan and Michael here is another photo I took last night this time with the 16mm I made another bracket for the B/H ran Star Wars with the screen adjusted to 12ft looked great Michael I have a photo and description of the 35mm lens in the Yak section under the topic Home Cinema thanks again.
Graham. [Smile]

-

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2006 06:00 AM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I reckon I have the tiniest theatre,a two-seater! I like to be surrounded by shelves of film and old toy projectors.

-

-

-

-

-

-
Ever yearned for a pocketsized projector?Well
here are a couple from 1926,the Micro-Cine and the PPC. They were both
made by Kern of Switzerland.The British Presenta Pocket Cine is
beautiful walnut coloured bakelite. All working parts are brass.Both are
9.5mm and they accomodate a Pathe 30ft cassette. Handcranked,with 6volt
bulbs they show a very acceptable 18 inch wide picture! .Closed,their
dimensions are similar to a pack of cards. The D size battery is for
size comparison only

[ July 15, 2006, 06:28 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------
Trevor

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2006 08:26 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
great stuff gentlemen.and a hellva lot better than mine.
keep up the great work.SUPER8 lives up to its name
looking at those magnifcent pictuers.brillant.andy.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 15, 2006 09:36 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Trev,
Your projector collection is awesome! What is that double-eyed contraption in the bottom left corner of the bottom picture?

All the best,
Paul

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2006 09:59 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trev,
Cool stuff.
By any chance, would
you happen to have
the home version of
the vitaphone sound
on disc projector?
It is the same as the
projectors used in theatres of
the early sound era, but only
for home use.

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 15, 2006 10:07 AM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Trev,

WOW!!! [Eek!] [Eek!] That is unbelievable - it's not a screening room, it's a LIVING MUSEUM! I hope you're teaching your family members and/or friends to take good care of this stuff in case the time ever comes where you can't. [Smile] It is simply stunning, I could spend hours locked inside that room just gazing at every single thing.

And the projection screen, framed by all these memorabilia, I love it. [Smile] Only thing I can't help wondering is, do you project any scope films and if you do, how large does the image get? I don't see it being much taller than one foot in height [Wink]

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted July 15, 2006 01:05 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you look closely you will see that Trev has among his incredible collection the extremely rare Pathescope Monaco projector which uses horizontally projected 4.75mm film - that's right 4.75mm!!(you can see the box in the bottom picture)
I think we should organize a Forum group tour to visit Trev's house in NZ. [Big Grin]

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Jan Bister
Darth 8mm

- posted July 15, 2006 01:51 PM      Profile for Jan Bister   Email Jan Bister   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
By "visit," do you mean "raid?" [Wink]

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2006 03:12 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul,
That's a neat thought,
however I would like
to know about the projector
with the Mickey Mouse label?
It seems that it has a vitaphone
Stylus connected to the megaphone
and the projector lens is underneath
and off to the side.

Michael

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Trevor Adams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 15, 2006 04:32 PM      Profile for Trevor Adams   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good morning chaps!It is sunny but cool here in Auckland!
Paul,the projector you refer to is an Uncle Sam Durotone toy from the 1930s.The two-phase animation film strip(actually rather translucent paper)moves horizontally as you crank the machine.The upper and lower images project alternately and overlap-so a primitive form of animation is achieved.Also,a shutter obscures the image from the upper then lower lens alternatively, to smooth the picture change. It works ok!The coupled record player must be the lowest fidelity gadget ever devised!!The "talkie" films were sold with a record. You would have been a lucky kid to get one of these I reckon.
I don't have a Vitaphone Michael,sorry.The Mickey Mouse Talkie-Jecktor came out in 1935. It is a rather grand affair.It is clockwork and works in a similar fashion to the Uncle Sam...however,sound is quite a bit better and lap dissolve shutters yeild quite a good movie picture.Not having to crank is a real bonus. THe MM is a rather substantial item.Amazingly it sold for $1.98 in 1935!
Jan,sorry to say no one is interested in my "addiction".I can see it all going out on the side of the road some day!!Suppose I could offer it to a museum??But NOT YET! [Smile]
P.S.For a good look at toy projectors from everywhere put "Mettavantproject"into Google. Also,for cine everything(!) type in, "cinematographica" for a site you will revisit many times!

--------------------
Trevor

All times are Central
This topic comprises 12 pages: 1  2  3  4  ...  10  11  12 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC