8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Derann's do you own? (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Author Topic: What Derann's do you own?
Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 31, 2006 01:11 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Well here is my collection of Derann films.

To start with there are all the Disney Features pictured below:

-

• Romancing the Stone
    Smallest Show on Earth
    Falsh Gordon
    Mask of Zorro
    Wizard of Oz
    Singing in the Rain
    Calamity Jane
    Glen Miller Story
    King & I
    7 Brides for 7 Brothers
    Supergirl
    Wargames
    Dambusters
    Close Encounters (Osi note [Big Grin] )
    Fog
    Master & Commander
    Zorro the Gay Blade - Optical
    Rising Damp - Optical
    Carry on up the Jungle
    Carry on Girls
    Carry on at your Convenience
    Carry on Screaming
    Carry on Camping
    Carry on Abroad
    Thats Carry on
    Abridged:
    Superman 11
    Never Say Never
    Gremlins
    600ft shorts
    Snowman
    Once Upon a Mouse
    Mickey's Christmas Carol
    The Prince and the Pauper
    The Small One
    Winne the Pooh and the Blustery Day
    Never Ending Story
    Many Disney/T&J 200 footers
    and various other shorts, trailers, advert reels and 400ft extracts etc.
Kev.

[ August 31, 2006, 11:34 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 31, 2006 09:18 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great picture, Kev! This shoud be on the cover of Derann's next catalog.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 31, 2006 09:23 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Why thanks Doug. [Cool]

Actually it's been taken as part of a feature in SmallFormat about different film distributors which John Clancy started in the last edition.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 31, 2006 10:10 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, you look like a kid on Christmas Day! Splendid collection and great picture.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 31, 2006 11:35 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks JM. I have to say that it's the Disney cartoon features and the Carry on's which I really like collecting.

Kev.

--------------------

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted August 31, 2006 02:54 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great collection Kev! And I wish I had all those great Disney features. One thing's for sure, once you have seen Derann Disney's on a GS1200 you will never again want to see them as DVD's.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 31, 2006 03:43 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Especially on the Xenon as it really brings the colours to life.

Kev.

--------------------

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2006 03:47 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks brillant there Kev.Is that all DERANN'S disney releases on
REEL film?.Paul is right,once you have seen disney on super8 you
wouldn't go back to dvd.
You've got some other great titles there to.brillant.Andy.

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 31, 2006 05:14 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Andy, there are some more titles its just a case of getting round to getting them.

Kev.

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2006 10:50 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev,

This is wonderful
collection of Disney
Features,and quite impressive.

It inpires me
to dream of a future
wish list with all of
those fantastic memories
sitting on my shelf too.

Derrick made the 8mm
Disney collectors
joyful with all these great
releases. Who would have
dreamed this to have
become a reality today
and especially
during the '70's?

Kudos to you in grabbing the
lion share.

I currently have Snow White
and an assortment of Silly
Symphony and Mickey Mouse
Cartoons.

I also have an assortment
of Tom & Jerry's, Tex Avery, Trailers,
The Laurel and Hardy newsreels,
and Dymchurch Railway Jubilee,
and Scrat from Ice Age.
Pieces of Silver and Reflections
are great too.

One Silly Symphony- Three Little Pigs,
totally surprised me in being uncut
uncensored, and unlike any prints,
circulating here in the USA.
Good job Derann.

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 01, 2006 10:12 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Why yes, Kevin, I DID note thew little smiley face next to Close Encounters. Oh yeah, I have Close Encounters in a 400ft. version, top that! Oh yeah, and I own the first Flash Gordon serial, (not Derann) so, ha ha ha!

All kidding aside, I do admire your collection of Disney Derann features, which reminds me, I DO have Fantasia 2000, from Derann, with "The Sorcerers Apprentice" from the early 80's to make my Fantasia 2000 complete, (as I believe Disney, for some asinine reason, wouldn't allow Derann the print rights to "The Sorcerers Apprentice.")

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 01, 2006 12:19 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I figure Kev's Disney features alone are worth about $7,500 !

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2006 01:46 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Iwouldn't like to guess what the value of Kevin's disney features
are worth.I'm sure its a few quid anyway.Andy.
P.S KEV i take it your a disney fan.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 01, 2006 06:08 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev
What a great photo with all those memorable films, and with a Xenon GS would look fantastic. I notice Lady and the Tramp among your films, how does it look in Scope with the Xenon. hours and hours of great films to watch, Super8 at its best. [Smile]

Graham.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted September 01, 2006 11:07 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham,
The only Disney feature I have is 'Lady and the Tramp'. It is a terrific quality scope print and looks great on my GS (which is not a xenon version). It is also comes with a stereo sound track, but I re-recorded mine anyway and the sound is now as superb as the picture.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2006 01:06 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The inital sticker shock
is high, but the Derann
Disney Collection
in Super 8mm is priceless.

With respect to
reviews regarding
the first release
of Little Mermaid,
It's great to hear
and safe to say that
they all have pristine
quality and
beautiful color.

[Wink]

Michael

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 02, 2006 06:59 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Thankyou everyone for the kind comments about the Disney collection. Yes I'm a big kid at heart but then arent we all [Wink]

All the Disney prints are great in terms of colour, sharpness and generally the sound. Its just a shame that Derann's first Disney release "Little Mermaid" was so poor but they and Disney learnt a lot from that first release and future releases had negs produced by Disney themselves.
This whole topic will be covered in the next "Smallformat" mag so get your subscriptions in now [Wink]

Osi I noted your comments about Fantasia 2000 and ran my copy to check the Sorcerers segment. Its on my reel 3 straight after the Carnival of the Animals segment.
I cant understand why yours has not go that segment unless Derann were not able to include it in versions being sold to markets abroad. I know there have been strange differances with copyright in certain countries but am surprised that they would have had a different release for the relatively few super8 prints sold. Lets face it they dont sell in the same numbers as say VHS and DVD.
Did you buy your copy new? or did you buy it s/h and someone has lifted that segement out [Frown] . Is there a splice after the Carnival of the Animals segemnt? Very strange [Eek!]

Anyway I love all these prints and will not part with any of the cartoons. Still have a few more titles to add to the list. [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted September 02, 2006 05:05 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Sorcerer's Apprentice" is also part of my print of "Fantasia 2000".

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2006 05:06 PM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
I am glad to hear you will not part with your disney titles Kev.
As for OSI; it may be copyright laws in his part of the world...
though it does seem wierd to me.
Mine you my RAISE THE TITANIC does have a bit missing;i got it on the second hand market.So i guess we have to watch what we all buy
from now on.Derann and classic are the main two dealers in the u.k
releasing new super8mm titles.More power to their elbows.Andy.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 02, 2006 05:09 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kev, you may be right, I did buy it second hand, and it was missing the Scorcerers Apprentice segment, which wasn't a problem, as I already had that, but I had heard that it wasn't sold as part of the Fantasia 200 feature. I may have been mis-informed. It's cwertianly not the first time and no doubt won't be the last.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 02, 2006 05:26 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Osi. I'm almost certain that you will find a join at that point in reel 3. Most of the original copies of the Sorcerers extract that Disney put out are suffering from the dreaded fade so I bet someone lifted that segment out before selling it on [Frown]

I think you were missinformed about the inclusion of that segemnt. It's in my copy and also Doug's. I will ask Derann if they released copies without the Sorcerer segement but I think I know what the answer will be...no.

Kev.

--------------------

John Cook
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2006 06:41 PM      Profile for John Cook   Author's Homepage   Email John Cook   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
And with a membership of well over 600 people there has to be more than a few of us out there
Gauging by the long lists of titles each of you have posted above I'd say Derann has to be sold out, no wonder my total count is 0.

Seriously though, at $300-600 a title some of your collections come close to the original purchase price of our home. [Wink] I feel that I'm doing good when I come home with the occasional $20 DVD.

I'd like to own a few features but I have mouths to feed that don't run on electricity.

I do shoot a lot of Super 8 and 35mm slide film however none of it says Derann on the label. [Cool]

--------------------
Come visit The Pit
http://members.cox.net/home-theater

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted September 02, 2006 07:10 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Paul
I might start saving for "Lady and the Tramp" the Scope presentation sounds really good. [Smile]
I have been looking at all the films listed in this post "fantastic" is the only word I can think of. The down side is I will never get the chance to see many of them [Frown] never mind its great reading.

What I Have are mostly 200ft shorts.

Steamboat Willie
Flowers and the Trees
Three Little Orphans
Musicland
Santas Workshop
The Night Before Christmas
Who Killed Cock Robin
Mickeys Fire Brigade
Bottles
Woodland Cafe
Brave Little Tailer
Mickeys Trailer
Grasshopper and the Ants
Tweety Pie
Moter Mania
Toot Whistle Plunk and Boom
Gone Nutty
For The Birds
Pieces Of Silver
Reflections UK
Reflections USA
Spirit Of America
She Flies "Scope"
Grease Summer Nights "Scope"
The Pod Race "Scope"

400ft Night on Bald Mountain
Nutcracker Suite
Vickers Aviation

600ft The Snowman
Winnie The Poo and a Blustery Day
The Prince and the Pauper
Mickeys Christmas Carol
The Neverending Story "Scope"

Features Snow White
The Rescuers Down Under
Beauty and The Beast
The lion King
Peter Pan

Look At Life The Last Battleship
Holiday Camp
Eagles Nest
Shopping For a Queen
Turn Of Wheel

Plus a number of trls

Graham. [Smile]

[ September 02, 2006, 11:55 PM: Message edited by: Graham Ritchie ]

Ricky Daniels
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2006 03:53 AM      Profile for Ricky Daniels     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Kevin,

I can't remember if this is a title you were after for your Disney collection (or was it 'The Rescuers'? [Confused] )

http://cgi.ebay.de/Disney-Bernard-Bianca-im-Kaenguruland-komplett_W0QQitemZ230026719172QQihZ013QQcategoryZ1476QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted September 12, 2006 07:12 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Ricky, that one is "Rescuers Down Under". I'm on the lookout for The first and better outing "The Rescuers"

Cheers for the heads up though, Kev.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 4 pages: 1  2  3  4 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC