8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » NOMOS Super 8 Film Award

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: NOMOS Super 8 Film Award
Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2006 06:24 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

is anyone (beside me) participating in the "tick8" NOMOS Super 8 Film Award?

BTW: You can now watch all entries online:
http://www.mydiged.de/tick8/tick8.php

Jörg

|  IP: Logged

Sam James
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2006 06:37 AM      Profile for Sam James   Email Sam James   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg,
I'm wading through them, but it's impossible to watch more than 6 or 7 at a time without losing the will to live. I don't mean that they're not all worthwhile (god, that's condescending!) and interesting projects, but they are so very diverse in subject matter, style and technique that watch too many and they begin to blur into one, which isn't fair on any of them. I'm not going to vote until I've seen them all for fear of the Nadia Komanec effect - give maximum points and nothing can be better. (She never did it for me. Olga Korbett was my first love, although she never knew it.)
Regards Sam

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2006 07:13 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just had a look at the site, it's addictive; as soon as you've finished watching one, you can't help watching just one more...

They're really inspirational, makes me want to get the camera out and put together a story board. Some excellant efforts there, certainly better than I could aspire too, I particularly like the "Dust in the Corner of My Heart" Music video, had to watch that through a couple of times.

I'll go back and register at some point soon and cast my votes. Anybody who hasn't checked out these films really should.

Mike

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 10, 2006 08:27 AM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My favourites at the moment are "Der kleine Anders" and "dust in the corner of my heart". BTW: Downloaded all songs of "Lisa Lindal" in the meantime.

I agree that it's really impossible to watch them all one after the other without getting mad...

Joerg

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC