8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Movie Maker - Equipment Reports and Film Reviews (Page 2)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Author Topic: Movie Maker - Equipment Reports and Film Reviews
Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted February 01, 2008 06:21 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike

All received with many thanks. What a spendid service.

Maurice

--------------------
Maurice

|  IP: Logged

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 18, 2008 07:34 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Chaps

Many of you will know that I have been “out of circulation” a bit recently due to our having moved into a property that we don’t intend to become our permanent address, consequently much of our personal stuff (including my pc, films and Movie Maker magazines) is in storage.

However, I am still getting a trickle of requests from this thread for test reports. Normally of course I would happily email them off individually or burn a disc for multiple requests, but I’m afraid I simply can’t do that at the moment. Having said that, whilst I was able I posted out more than 30 discs of all the files and sent off literally dozens of emails containing individual reports, so I’m hoping that if those people who currently want a particular report or information about a camera or projector post their request on this thread, some kind soul will email them the goodies?

Over to you…

Mike [Cool]

Ps. Hopefully, normal service will be resumed shortly!

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2008 04:27 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Update:

PC now out of storage and set up and running, so normal service can be resumed... [Wink]

Sadly though, my films and most of my equipment is still in boxes and likely to stay there for the forseeable future. [Frown]

Mike

--------------------

Joshua Wedlake
Junior

- posted November 11, 2008 08:28 AM      Profile for Joshua Wedlake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike,
Thanks for the info on the Super8 Cinerex XL200.
If you have anything on the Sankyo Super MF404 it would be much appreciated,
cheers
Josh

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 14, 2009 02:59 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike
I was wondering if I might get copies of your movie maker pdf's for the following:
Pathe Europe 8mm & 9.5
Elmo ST1200HD

I tried emailing but to no avail and was curious if you knew whether they ever reviewed the elmo AP-8 standard 8 projector?
my offline email is aytab at aol dot com
Cheers Dino

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2009 07:45 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hell Dino

Sorry, I haven't received any emails via the forum - so not sure if there might be a glitch in the system?

I'll send your scans off to you this weekend, when I'm at my home pc.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2009 08:49 AM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dino/ Mike,

I have e-mailed your reviews. Mike very kindly let me have the reviews a while back. No offence Mike, but I thought it would free up your time at the weekend for a very important gathering, somewhre in Ealing. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2009 08:57 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Keith!

How very kind. [Smile]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Maurizio Di Cintio
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 28, 2009 10:45 AM      Profile for Maurizio Di Cintio     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Message for Mike.

I tried to PM you but the message didn't go through.
Hi, Mike.
Only today have I discovered you are offering scans of film equipment reviews, and I must confess there are quite a lot of them I'd like to read. The ones I am most interested in at present are the following (listed in decreasing order of importance:

Sankyo XL-S Supertronic
Nizo Integral 5
Elmo GS 1200
Eumig 926, 932, 936, 938

Would you mind to send (some of) them at your earliest convenience? My email address is:
mauriziodicintio@hotmail.com

Thank you very much and take care.

Maurizio

--------------------
Maurizio

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2009 01:44 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Maurizio

I've emailed the scans off to you. Please let me know when they have arrived ok.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 29, 2009 02:21 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike if I haven't emailed this thanks for your help in saving and scanning those articles as they have been very helpful and enjoyable... [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

David Riegler
Junior

- posted June 03, 2009 01:34 PM      Profile for David Riegler   Email David Riegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you could please e-mail a review of the Elmo SD1200 projector to jeffrichetti@yahoo.com, you'd really make me extremely happy.

Also, are any of Bill Davison's reviews available for e-mailing?

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted June 04, 2009 07:09 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike I would be very grateful if you could email me the Bauer T60 and B+H filmosonic 1735 tests please.
You are a real star doing these.

Many thanks Mark.

PS shame they didn`t do the Yelco 607.

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 05, 2009 07:08 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike, If you have the time could you email me the report for the ElmoST 1200 user report (aug 75) thanks.

GSINDEN (at) MAIL (dot) COM (no spaces inbetween)

Graham S

[ June 05, 2009, 05:52 PM: Message edited by: Graham Sinden ]

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2009 10:12 AM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Chaps

I've sent your scans off, if you could let me know they have arrived ok I'd be grateful.

David, as regards Bill Davisons reviews, I haven't yet found the time to do an index - I started but it's a formidable task! This will make emailing off individual reviews tricky unless you know in which month and year what you want appeared.

I am still happy to do complete discs for anyone that wants them, and as these discs have made their way to pretty well every continent in the world - you may even find someone closer by will copy one off for you to save on postage. [Wink]

Whatever, I'd be happy to help.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 06, 2009 10:31 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mike, scans received ok.

It a shame there isnt one for the GS 800.

Many thanks again,

Graham S [Smile]

David Riegler
Junior

- posted June 06, 2009 10:37 AM      Profile for David Riegler   Email David Riegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I sent you an e-mail thanking you for the scan, but, just in case it dosen't arrive for some strange reason, let me thank you again here. Reading the test report really brought back a a lot of happy memories!

What a kind man you are! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

David Riegler
Junior

- posted June 07, 2009 02:22 PM      Profile for David Riegler   Email David Riegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In looking at your list again, may I please request reviews of the Elmo GS 1200 projector, the Kodak Ektasound projector and the Elmo editor?

I remember being rather unhappy with my old Ektasound, which I could never focus properly (when the edges of the picture were sharp the center was blurry, and vice versa), and I wonder what the review says?

Please send to David at jeffrichetti@yahoo.com, and thanks again.

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2009 02:52 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello David,

all sent [Wink]

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

David Riegler
Junior

- posted June 07, 2009 03:17 PM      Profile for David Riegler   Email David Riegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, I got the scans already. I honestly wasn't expecting them to arrive this quickly. Talk about super service! What can I say, except thank you thank you thank you!!!! [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile] [Smile]

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 07, 2009 03:23 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
David,

It was luck that I happened to check the forum shortly after you had posted your request. It might not be so quick next time! [Wink]

Glad you're finding the scans interesting!

Mike [Cool]

--------------------

David Riegler
Junior

- posted June 09, 2009 02:43 PM      Profile for David Riegler   Email David Riegler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I may impose on your considerable good nature one more time, I'd appreciate the reviews of the Elmo 16 CL, the Yelco Stereo 3600 (mainly because I've never heard of Yelco!) and the Elmo ST 1200 user report.

There's no particular hurry on these. Don't worry about sending them until it's convienent for you to do so.

These reports are fascinating, and bring back many, many good memories!

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2009 02:49 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mike,would you send over the Eumig 936 report for me,thanks Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2009 05:19 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All sent [Smile]

Mike

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 09, 2009 05:25 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Mike,some great reading material...Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

All times are Central
This topic comprises 5 pages: 1  2  3  4  5 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC