8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » anyone know the YELCO DD 630 STEREO need specs.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: anyone know the YELCO DD 630 STEREO need specs.
Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2007 08:20 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello I am being offered a YELCO DD 630 STEREO projector.
Does anyone know this projector, any specs, I dont have much information if it is a good projector and what it has.

I would apreciate any info and if its worth buying for 130 us bucks,

Also anyone knoe the TACNON SOUND 808 2TRACK I am also interested in buying this machine is it any good. any specs.

IŽd apreciate any help
thanks
pablo.

|  IP: Logged

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2007 05:19 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

I found this link with a photo and some data:
http://www.deremate.com.ar/accdb/viewitem.asp?idi=14174117

Looks like a good projector to me. And it should be worth 130US$ IF the projector could hold at least 240m-reels (several similar Yelcos do have a max. reel capacity of only 180m) and IF the projector can do duoplay or only play back a single track (= e.g. only track 2).

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted January 16, 2007 06:08 AM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Yelco has a kind to film path and they are usually super reliable.
Only achilies heel being wear on the control knob with high use machines.
Apart from that very good. Not a bad price to and quite a good pic for the 100 watt lamp.
If lowish use I`d go for it if the seller seems OK.
Best wishes, Good luck, Mark.

Heinrich Kronschlaeger
Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2007 09:38 AM      Profile for Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Email Heinrich Kronschlaeger   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use a Yelco 630 Stereo for several years. Very solid and good equipment with variable speed of 16 to 26 pictures per second, high quality sound , similarities with a SANKYO 800 Stereo, but smaller and more compactly. Max capacity for reels of 180 m. The Yelco however has 2 disadvantages: Only a lamp of 100 W , I converted the projector on 150 Watt , with an external transformer, from a defective BAUER T 60. In addition, I had to insert 2 fans, one on the back instead of a loudspeaker and one on the front cover.The second disadvantage: the bad lens. The pictures do not become far so sharply as with a BAUER or ELMO. I am planning to insert a Xenovaron lens.
Henry

Jose Artiles
Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2007 10:21 AM      Profile for Jose Artiles   Email Jose Artiles   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi pablo,the yelco d630 is a good machine, i have two of them and a 810 quartz model too and all of them are very reliable machines with good recording capacities and a good metal gate. [Smile]

--------------------
As Steven Spielberg says....
Nothing beats old school projection. Digital is just an imitation.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC