8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Poltergeist - Red Fox (Page 3)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Author Topic: Poltergeist - Red Fox
Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted May 23, 2017 04:11 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
we had the Ben hur 3 x 400 cinevision which was good until the colour went, we also had jaws 2 which has a very sharp image but, (in my view) was such a poop film i had to sell it on, the kids were overacting and the screaming just got on my wick. and what a clever shark pulling a helicopter into the sea, what a load of trash [Big Grin] [Wink]
anyway, back to poltergeist, still looking forward to our flat print [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

|  IP: Logged

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 05, 2017 04:09 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Its on its way [Cool] [Cool]

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 06, 2017 01:52 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congrats Tom!

Btw since I have been following your posts many time and you have a strict rules on how much you will spend for a print, but at the same time Poltergeist is kind of rare, is the print you are waiting for now has been breaking that rule? [Wink]

Cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 06, 2017 11:43 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Winbert, fortunately it did not break the rules, if it did i most certainly would have gave it a miss. In fact i think i can safely say from what i have read here and in other places that the quality,(i am yet to view it) is going to be better than my other title i look for Die Hard. Poltergeist in both scope and flat has collectors praising the quality while DH seems to have collectors give mixed reviews with bluish tint and only average sound if it isn't pre striped stock so maybe this title coming my way instead of DH is a blessing in disguise.
I have been fortunate to have asked for this title on here and got it & thank the fellow collector for contacting me and giving me the opportunity of obtaining this print.
i will put up some screenshots after viewing within the next week [Wink]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 07, 2017 11:51 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that there are those who prefer having the pan and scan Poltergeist, (I'm betting more due to costs as, quite honestly, it is cheaper than the scope version)...

... but any film is always better in the widescreen original aspect ratio that it was shot in. The shots were designed specifically for that format and you do miss something in the translation, obviously.

Now, when it comes to films that were shot on full frame 35MM, those are "letterboxed" and they are usually shot to take into account the letterboxing, but sometimes in the case of those films, I actually prefer to see them in thier full frame at times. [Smile]

I hope I'm not too redundant, as I didn't get around to reading every post here.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted June 07, 2017 11:59 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All good stuff there Osi,
i purchased this one as i have waited for 20 years to find a scope copy, however, i didn't want to turn this one down as i know the seller to be a very respected collector so , A/ i know it will be a good one and B/ if i had said no i may well never get my hands on any copy of this movie at all.
But i will be more than happy to own this print and even if a scope copy came up now i can honestly say, (unless it was a scilly low price which it wouldn't be), i would have to turn it down as i respect very much the fact that another fellow collector has sold this one to me at a "normal" price. This movie may not be to every persons taste but i am a very proud owner now and will look after it along with all our other films. [Wink]

All times are Central
This topic comprises 3 pages: 1  2  3 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC