8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Lost in Space in super 8

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Lost in Space in super 8
Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2007 03:22 AM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello all, i'd like to know if someone has and would like to sell episodes of this 70"s tv series in super 8. Thank you

|  IP: Logged

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2007 06:08 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tassos,

The original B/W pilot episode was released on 8mm, but I've never seen any others, but it does come up occasionally.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 14, 2007 02:48 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tassos
In my much younger days [Roll Eyes] "Lost In Space" was my favourite TV series, I think it first aired about 1965 through to 1967 and who can forget the line, "Never Fear Smith Is Here" brilliant stuff [Smile] the TV series continued to be very popular in Australia for many years, long after it finished in the US, "still is", I wonder if there are any 16mm prints around [Roll Eyes] ,best of luck in your search.

Regards Graham. [Smile]

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted May 15, 2007 03:55 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Those were the days !!
 -
Tassos there is one early episode that is worth looking out for, and thats "The War Of The Robots" which stars if I remember right, Robby The Robot, from the 1956 film "Forbidden Planet", one of the best episodes, adding to the final confrontation between the robots is John Williams music, who was then known as Johnny Williams is brilliant.

Graham [Smile]

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 15, 2007 06:28 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From another big Lost In Space fan-

Yes, I believe only the first episode, "The Reluctant Stowawy", was commercially released on super 8. I know that there should be prints of every episode in 16mm, since this is how they were originally shown on T.V. The color episodes are probably faded now though.

I have them all on DVD, which is more practical, since there were about 80 episodes.

James.

Tassos Laudas
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2007 08:28 AM      Profile for Tassos Laudas   Email Tassos Laudas   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'd like to thank you all for your help, in fact a friend of mine is the one who's interested to the point that he's calling twice a day asking wether i've found something (he isn't really familiar with pc). It seems that ebay is once again the only way...

Jim Schrader
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2007 11:45 AM      Profile for Jim Schrader   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hello I had 2 8mm prints of this years ago i sold one and kept the other for myself not sure if i want to part with it though i do have some 16mm prints also, a couple form the first season 1 from the second season and 1 from the 3rd season another classic from the 3rd season is the anti-matter man, a classic good luck on your search though. jim

--------------------
jim schrader
"Let's see “do I have that title already?"

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 30, 2016 11:37 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today i placed a bid on the 3 x 400ft pilot episode of Lost in Space, And unbelievable i won it for only £41.44. I dont know why it went so low i really thought this would have gone up nearer 100. However, i am very grateful and am looking forward to receiving this film. It is actually going to be a xmas present for my Brother this year, the good thing is its a long way off so i get to clean it, view it a couple of times, join it up and make a good box for him.
First xmas pressy of 2016 done [Big Grin] [Wink]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 30, 2016 11:53 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! I remember playing "lost in Space" on the playground when i was a kid! For some odd reason, i was always selected to play the professor, maybe because i was so good at wriging my hands about and saying "Oh Dear Oh Dear Oh Dear!!"

I wanted be the robot!!

"Danger Will Robison

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2016 12:51 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Reluctant Stowaway" which was the 1st episode, is the only Super 8mm Sound that was released. It was a Reel Images release and the preprint used was a 16mm print. Quality is Very Good to Excellent but there is no cliffhanger at the end nor the 20th Century-Fox Television logo at the end. Other than that its complete with all titles and credits intact. Its not likely that this was a legal release through Fox as there is some wear in the preprint used. It was also available in 16mm from the same negative. When I worked at Celebrity Films they had the 16mm Negative and were striking prints from it for Reel Images. I believe Hollywood Film Lab struck the Super 8mm prints. I have it in both formats but they are not for sale. 16mm Original TV Prints do surface from time to time but they are expensive.

P.S. Growing up I also had the Toy Robot by Remco [Smile]

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 30, 2016 02:33 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the info there joe. I am really lookin forward to this one and very pleased to have won this one. I know my brother will b very thrilled on dec 25th

Joe Balitzki
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 30, 2016 08:26 PM      Profile for Joe Balitzki   Email Joe Balitzki   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're quite welcome Tom. You got that print at a great price especially if its in excellent condition. You will be pleased with the print quality as care was taken when they made a Dupe Negative.

--------------------
Movie Lovers Do It in the Dark

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted July 31, 2016 06:03 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It certainly looks more than acceptable, i think the chappie did say the focus was slightly soft so i am not expecting it to be perfect but judging by the screenshots he put on ebay i have certainly seen much much worse. [Wink]

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC