8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Blackpool Nov 2007

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blackpool Nov 2007
Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2007 02:48 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just received my tickets from Derann for this years Blackpool bash, and although I'm excited at the prospect of another great weekend, meeting up with friends and collegues, then you realise how fast this year is flying by. Have any other Forum members booked or got their tickets yet? If you've never been to a Blackpool weekend, then why not try it, Derann have 2 guest stars as well this year in the shape of Dave "Darth Vader" Prowse, and Britt Ekland, it should be a good one.

|  IP: Logged

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 26, 2007 06:30 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We've got to try and have a similar event here; There are enough of us to warrant it, all we need is a plan and location, so next year's CINEFEST, I'll find out some particulars on renting space (not necessarily in Syrcause, just to get some information though), also how the folks at CHILLER handle large-scale cons -

Dave Alligan
Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2007 09:16 AM      Profile for Dave Alligan   Email Dave Alligan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have a great time Barry and hopefully not before long I will be coming back with you for our weekend.
I know that you will have a great time, just dont do what you did last year, what people will do just to get a lift back to the hotel (only kidding mate you know that)

Dave

Frank Picaro
Film Handler

- posted June 26, 2007 10:16 AM      Profile for Frank Picaro   Email Frank Picaro   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe, I agree with you. Our British colleagues on the forum are light-years ahead of us when it comes to home cinema. DERANN is the acknowedged leader in providing collectors and hobbyists with 8mm and 16mm treasures, along with a host of other excellent stores. Why don't we have a DERANN here. Maybe they could open a U.S. branch. That'd be like going to heaven!!! [Smile]

--------------------
Seems? I know not seems!!

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 26, 2007 04:35 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Way ahead of you, Frank - I emailed Gary about a subsidiary here, likewise to Tom Lowe when Polar Lights/Playing Mantis Model Kits were hot, but it was fleeting at best - I'm going to get as much information as I can and if a few of us collectors could meet at Syracuse come March, we could discuss matters for a true film-con/expo like the old days when the Tri-State was held in Cherry Hill

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 27, 2007 02:48 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It will be a darned site easier, not to mention cheaper, to just fly over here for the Blackpool convention Joe. I hope I can get to it this year but I'll just have to wait and see. Almost made it last year but my trips around the country at that time just didn't tie-up.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted June 27, 2007 03:38 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joe
After reading your posts regarding having a event in the US, and although I dont live in either country, we do run very successful 6 month conventions out here, and without sounding like I am rambling on to much,I think your idea is a really good one, and if a small country like NZ can do it, then I dont see any reason why it cant be done in a country the size of the US, only advice I would give is not to model it on how its done in the UK, or anywhere else but what is best suited for the US. all the best.

Graham.

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 27, 2007 05:39 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Graham, I answered you, but inadvertently created a new topic, it's under "FILM-CON" - Cheers

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC