8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Derann's Halloween (1978)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Derann's Halloween (1978)
Christopher Quinn
Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2007 06:19 AM      Profile for Christopher Quinn   Email Christopher Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone got a copy of Derann’s print of Halloween (1978) in their collection? If so, is there any chance you could post a brief review of the quality of the print? I couldn’t find any information when searching through old posts.

Many Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

Andrew Wilson
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 02, 2007 11:27 AM      Profile for Andrew Wilson   Author's Homepage         Edit/Delete Post 
Chris.Idon't have Derann's Halloween,but in F.F.T.C.,Keith Wilton
stated that the print was good.it was a little grainy in places,but nothing to cry about.If you are a fan of this title then go for it.
Let's give Derann our support.Andy.

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 02, 2007 11:52 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Christopher.
Many years ago Derann also forwarded me a print so I could review for another international film magazine. I thought the print rather good, certainly for that time but by today’s standards perhaps a little soft in Scope. The master material did have some fairly hefty joins in it if memory serves me right but a highly collectable title even today I would have thought and worth looking out for.
Happy viewing !

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 03, 2007 03:36 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a print Chris. Not the best in the world by any stretch of the imagination but I probably run it more than any other feature in my collection. After all it comes out every 31st October and despite being a bit soft and lacking in colour I enjoy it every time.

I should point out that when John Carpenter was at the NFT with the world premiere of 'In The Mouth of Madness' we were treated to clips on 35mm of some of his greatest films; the clip from Halloween on 35mm resembled the 8mm print in look and feel so it would be hard to get better results on Super 8.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Christopher Quinn
Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2007 01:23 PM      Profile for Christopher Quinn   Email Christopher Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the comments everyone. I’ll keep a lookout for this one.

Barry Attwood
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 05, 2007 02:44 AM      Profile for Barry Attwood   Email Barry Attwood   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Christopher,

Derann are currently having there Summer Sale and "Halloween" is reduced by £50 at the moment, so a new print would be £209 instead of £259, I'm only saying this as this rarely comes up on dealers lists (I've only ever had this print once myself on my lists).

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC