8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » OHMSS

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: OHMSS
Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2007 10:45 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Can anyone tell me about this feature from Germany and how good it really is quality wise? I have been told the source of the material was an original Technicolor print (not neg source) plus it comes with mute sound as there is quiet a lot of jumps in the film.

Is this the full feature or has it been cut for censor ship reasons.

Would this be better quality then a bonified 16mm print in scope ratio wise or would this be the same? The only advantage of recording this title in stereo if at all possible compared to just a mono optical sound track on 16mm?

R.

|  IP: Logged

Dave Alligan
Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2007 11:36 AM      Profile for Dave Alligan   Email Dave Alligan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Robert

I can tell you a bit about OHMSS as i have done several recordings of this for Classic Home Cinema, it was one of the worse to record as their are LOTS of cuts in it and some frames removed, it was an absolute nightmare to record, the quality of the print is very good but it will take you some time to record, you will be for ever stopping and starting the projector to keep it in sync.

Dave Alligan

Christopher Quinn
Film Handler

- posted September 14, 2007 11:47 AM      Profile for Christopher Quinn   Email Christopher Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I didn't realise this had been released by CHC. It's not listed on their website, is it still for sale?

It would also be interesting to hear from anyone that has the German prints of Diamonds are Forever and The Spy Who Loved Me. Diamonds are Forever was cut quite heavily for the UK release.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC