8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Taxi driver 2 reel picolo version, whats it like?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Taxi driver 2 reel picolo version, whats it like?
Pablo Alvarez Roth
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 13, 2007 06:29 PM      Profile for Pablo Alvarez Roth   Email Pablo Alvarez Roth   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone seen this version, whats it like? compared to the columbia 400ft print?

I would love to get this 2 reeler does anyone have an extra copy?

thanks
guys

|  IP: Logged

Mark Todd
Film God

- posted October 13, 2007 07:05 PM      Profile for Mark Todd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Pablo, never seen that one myself, I know you can pick up the odd columbia one on later sp poly that still holds the colour or agfa poly too that are nice, but they are scarce but out there.
Its amazing what you can get on ebay.de.
Is there much super 8 stuff floating around in your country, was it very big.
I suppose ebay.ES is the best place for you too look really.
Best wishes Mark.

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 22, 2010 04:55 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am interested in both versions. How are the edits on these?

I imagine all the Columbias would be faded, how about the Picolo version, what stock did they use?

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2010 04:47 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My newly acquired Columbia 400ft is one of the best digests I have. Colour is still OK (slight fade) and the digest is well edited. It sticks to the main story and does not divert to the Cybil Shepard section.

Nice box and only minor narration interruptions too.

It is certainly "R" rated and does not pull any punches from what I recall was in the original theatrical film.

David

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 29, 2010 03:31 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"It is certainly "R" rated and does not pull any punches from what I recall was in the original theatrical film."

I recall a review in Movie Maker that mentioned that the digest included a scene with Jodie Foster that was quickly considered too controversial and cut from the theatrical version.

I think the editing is pretty good as although it doesn't convey the complexity of the film, at least what you see makes sense. I think it needed a 3 x 400' though!

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 29, 2010 03:45 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Adrian...so are you saying that there is a scene in the digest that was cut from the full feature? If so, I'll have to keep my eyes open for the digest.

Bill

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted March 29, 2010 03:53 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, according to the review, it has a scene that was cut or trimmed from the feature soon after it's original release, although you would have seen it if you had seen the film immdeiately upon release. I don't know if the scene appears in the DVD - I'll have to check sometime.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC