8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Dolby Intros from CHC

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Dolby Intros from CHC
Christopher Quinn
Film Handler

- posted November 17, 2007 03:26 PM      Profile for Christopher Quinn   Email Christopher Quinn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone bought the Dolby Logo set from CHC? If so, are all of them the modern Dolby Digital intros or are there any of the older analogue promos?

I tried emailing them with no luck.

Thanks!

|  IP: Logged

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2007 04:30 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did review this in 'Super 8 Film Review' but I've failed to locate the document on my PC otherwise I'd have posted it here. They are all modern Dolby Digital trailers Chris, one is a duplicate if I recall as it is included in both flat and 'Scope. There are six of them in total on the reel. Mono sound of course but don't let that stop you as all of them should be obtainable on the web thereby giving you the requisite stereo soundtracks.

Now that I think of it I purchased the original review print so it must be here somewhere.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2007 09:11 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have some of these. What I don't understand is how the film base print, in this case acetate, could be so thick compared to older acetate prints. Running through my ST1200HD's, there's often a focus adjustment required when these are spliced to the front of main features polyesterbase. My machines are always clean, the prints with filmguard. I've spliced older acetate prints to newer polyester prints and this doesn't happen. It's only with these Dolby snipes.

I am getting used to it, but I just don't understand.

CG

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 18, 2007 10:00 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dosent CHC use the thicker brown stripe as well?

Brad Miller
Administrator

- posted November 18, 2007 05:15 PM      Profile for Brad Miller   Author's Homepage   Email Brad Miller       Edit/Delete Post 
CHC is bootlegging those? Dolby would never permit those to be printed in any other format than 35mm.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 19, 2007 11:08 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe you are right. Although I have seen these on laserdisc and dvd releases. Maybe Dolby is being alittle flexible.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC