8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 111)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 21, 2012 03:46 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Regarding Capt. Marvel,Derann did release the complete serial
back in the 70's and it got great reviews. Laksmi you're dead
right on the women in Flash Gordon,especially Dale,the costumes were rather sexy but in an innocent sort of way.

|  IP: Logged

Julie Geisler
Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2012 04:28 AM      Profile for Julie Geisler   Email Julie Geisler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Akshay MyUCDavis, I am so glad you enjoyed "Lost Patrol". I will have the other titles you are interested in by email tomorrow. Thanks for buying from me. I hope when I relist my list I can keep up with the requests!!! [Confused] [Wink] [Razz] I will do my best!!!

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 21, 2012 06:20 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Julie,

I order around 8 titles from you. We exchanged email couple times but then you did not come with the price. So can you look back and see my last email please.

--------------------
Winbert

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2012 06:24 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched....

-

Graham Stark in "Project the Right Image" (Derann 200ft)
Stan and Ollie in "Me and My Pal" (Blackhawk 400ft)
"This is Scope 2" (Derann 200ft)

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2012 11:35 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Hugh what is so innocent about Dale? I had a crush on her sexy bod for years and I guess Buster C did to. Nice shots Akshay! And where do you get all these off beat films Dino???

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2012 02:56 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THE ADVENTURES OF CAPTAIN MARVEL ,the classic 1940 Republic serial was rereleased in 1953,if I am not wrong,as THE RETURN OF CAPTAIN MARVEL, and it is from this version that 8 mm copies were made.Both Ivy and Derann issued "complete" prints,the former in a pristine edition,the latter in a less so one. Minus point, both edited the first episode from 3 reels to 2.Plus point, both edited it differently so,by editing together episodes #1 from both versions,you get a practically complete episode one, running about 28 minutes. One (or two) scene(s)missing from both,exist in one of the three one reelers issued by Republic during their short time they dabbled in 8 mm,unfortunately silent only.

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2012 01:52 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last weekend we enjoyed some films with some friends and neighbors outside on our backyard patio. We started with classic cartoons, the most laughed-at being "Buccaneer Bunny," and ended with a Blackhawk print of "Way Out West" that I bought last year from Joseph Morrison when it was offered here on the forum. I've bought several things from him now and they're always in better shape or more valuable than he lets on, and this print was a treat to watch with company. Talk about a win-win!

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 01, 2012 09:00 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched SHELOCK HOMES FACES DEATH nice super 8mm B/W 400 reel digest version. It had all the best parts and is a very clear print. Rathbone is the man!  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2012 02:52 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some Tom and Jerry's, including a nice Derann print of "Duck Doctor".

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2012 11:18 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jonathan "Project the Right image" is a favorite of mine...

This weekend was cinecon so watched a few films in a proper theatre, and on friday we did the final Echo Park Film Center Mack Sennett centennial salute outdoor screening.. This one was an all Chaplin 16mm show with prints and projection supplied by me...We debuted the little brother to the Film Mobile that we are calling the Filmcycle (pronounced like popsicle) We fit the projector, PA, generator, seat cushions, pop up screen, etc into the front basket section of the bike. We did the screening downtown on the corner of 1st and Broadway, where the first film we screened was originally shot....The titles were

Making a Living (Feb 2, 1914 - Chaplins first Keystone)
Kid Auto Races in Venice ( Feb 7, 1914 - First appearance of the Tramp character)
A Busy Day (May 7, 1914 - features cameo of Sennett and Chaplin in drag)
Mabel's Married Life (June 20, 1914 scenes at Echo Park Lake)
The Rounders (Sept 7, 1914 - Chaplin and Fatty Arbuckle, and back at Echo park Lake)
Dough and Dynamite (Oct 26, 1914)
His Prehistoric Past (Dec 7, 1914 - Chaplin's final Keystone)

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2012 12:37 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow cool DINO!

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2012 01:10 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing Dino! Next,how about "The Music Box" screened on the actual steps? Has that been done before? That would be brilliant!

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 03, 2012 08:48 AM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I ran JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS - THE SPECIAL EDITION

This is a version I edited myself using a 400' Derann print of the COMPLETE scenes of " The Battle with Talos " and the remaining 3 Columbia Digests , in color and sound on Super 8 .
I used the entire opening credits , then spliced the beginning invasion scenes from the Columbia digest up to when Talos is first seen . Then edited in the ENTIRE Battle of Talos , followed by the remaining 3 Columbia digests .
The film runs around 50 min. The color in the Battle of Talos segment is superb ! Of course the Columbia digests have some fade , but overall still good .

Also , just had to view my Walton 400' version of WITCHFINDER GENERAL color / sound / Super 8 ( 2 200' digests edited together in order ), along with my VINCENT PRICE TRAILERS reel ( 400' - HOUSE OF USHER , MASQUE OF THE RED DEATH , CRY OF THE BANSHEE , DR. PHIBES , DR. PHIBES RISES AGAIN and THEATER OF BLOOD .

Seeing as Halloween is next month I'll be doing a Horror triple - feature show at my new residence : TEXAS CHAINSAW MASSACRE ( UNEDITED ) , Hammer films' THE CURSE OF FRANKENSTEIN ( Beautiful Derann print ; thanks to John C. in Jersey !)and HORROR EXPRESS .
Any of you fellow members in the Cincinnati , Ohio area drop me a line - you're invited to my monthly home - movie screenings beginning in October 2012 !
UPCOMING PLANNED SCREENINGS :
NOV. 2012 - SCIENCE FICTION NIGHT
DEC. 2012 - SWORD & SANDAL NIGHT

HAPPY SCREENINGS GANG !
Dave in Ohio
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
Dave

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2012 12:38 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK cool stuff is over for a couple months until our haunted films in haunted places films in October. SO it was just regular ole Standard 8 films at home...First was an early Keystone starring Chester Conklin entitled THE HOME BREAKERS (1915, Blackhawk 2 x 200ft) followed by a rare but soft and dark short Leo Maloney western TWO-GUN OF THE TUMBLEWEED (1927, Parkchester films 1 x 200ft) It was transferred from an old 16mm print which probably explains the quality.

-

--------------------

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2012 01:13 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow David sounds like a great plan of screenings! I guess I felt spiritual last night and wanted to watch one of my epic digest 3 X 400 reels of the super 8mm TEN COMMANDMENTS And not a bad print nice color from Marketing films. The sound was great and it sent chills up my spine when Chuck opened the Red Seas. I will miss the guy rest in peace my old friend.  - God speed.  -

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2012 06:27 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi,

It's a great shot and fantastic opportunity to have with
Heston.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2012 11:36 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Michael once in a life time , Thanks He was the Man . One of the Greatest Actors in the world. And was a real nice person in real life. God bless his soul!

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2012 01:02 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi ,excellent pictures...

Tonight I watched one of those crazy jazz age flickers filled with rampaging teenagers that were either lawless or just plain lost, no foolin!

Actually I watched a Sue Carol feature entitled WALKING BACK (1928, Standard 8mm 5 x 200ft Film Classic Exchange).
This is an extremely underrated film for many reasons. 1) Sue Carol is Bow-esque flapper with a very contemporary look that I keep expecting to catch on with modern audiences.. 2) It was produced by Cecil B. DeMille with rumors that he partially directed it. 3) It was shot by John Mescall who shot Bride of Frankenstein and The Black Cat....There are some beautifully stylistic shots in the film and some amazing car stunts.

-

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2012 03:56 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Have 3 guests over from the UK, so we had an outdoor film night, on alternating formats with one intermission:
Jerry and the Lion (Red Fox)
A British Movietone News from 1967 16mm
The Butterfly Ball super 8
Stan and Ollie in "Below Zero" 16mm
Ron Moody in "The Fetchit" 16mm

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 09, 2012 05:51 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Gremlins 1984 full feature on 2x1600 feet reels,stunning color and great sound! [Big Grin]
Best ever see on 16mm

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted September 09, 2012 06:06 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Well done Jeroen on finally getting your print.These past couple
of nights I have been giving the B/Ws a turn, starting with the
classic "Night of the Demon","Beast from 20,000 Fathoms"
and tonight "20 Million miles to Earth".Who said romance was dead.

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2012 04:56 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Viva Las Vegas 3 x 400ft
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2012 12:56 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the inspiration Hugh I watched my 400 reel of 20 MILLION MILES nice print great B/W . And my man Harryhausen at his best!  -

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2012 03:18 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Amazing Guys! Last night I was watching the 200 reel edition of 20 MILLION MILES TO EARTH which I had just got off Ebay.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2012 11:46 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Jonathan sounds great Ymir fans and sinked out together. I love Via Las Vegas it is a great film and the King's best, and Ann M looks her hotest in it . I would like to find a 400 reel of it. Is it Marketing films ?

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  108  109  110  111  112  113  114  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC