8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 113)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 18, 2012 01:41 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Night I watched a LOGANS RUN with beautiful Jenny Aguter  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2012 01:22 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did a little pre-Home movie day screening tonight of Stand and Deliver (1928, Standard 8mm, 5 x 200ft Film Classic Exchange)starring Rod La Rocque, Warner Oland and Lupe Velez and like virtually anything she is in, Lupe steals the show. A rare but soft looking print, but a good deal of fun.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2012 05:35 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winnie the Pooh and the Blustery Day (600ft Derann)
Reflections (200ft Derann)

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2012 06:57 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi, I also watched LOGAN'S RUN a couple weeks ago. I have a cool promo trailer spliced on the front of my digest.

Jenny Aguter is indeed very beautiful. That's a good digest.

Bill [Smile]

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted October 21, 2012 06:38 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
On Friday night I screened the Kirk Douglas epic in 'Scope
"The Light at the Edge of the World", which involves the story
of pirates/wreckers taking over the lighthouse at Cape Horn,killing
the keepers by chopping them to death and making Kirks life
pretty unbearable.These pirates would eat Disney's Caribbean mob
for breakfast,resembling Apache indians prone to a bit of cross
dressing and rape and not adverse to skinning their victims alive
(shown graphically) led by Yul Brynner as their Captain,any ideas of yo ho ho goes straight out the window.When Samantha Eggar turns up as a survivor of their wrecking,she ends up the victim of a mass rape.Fans of Italian westerns will have fun spotting some familiar faces including Aldo Sanbrell.Based on
a Jules Verne story, it is a change from the norm and isn't one
for the kiddiwinks.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 21, 2012 11:40 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh - I once accidentally insulted Samantha Eggar at a party by telling her she was in one of my favorite movies.."Curtains" I said..."Ohhh, dreadful....Darling I was classically trained." she replied as she quickly walked away.....

Tonight I watched 2 ultra rare 8mm prints from the 1940's. A couple of Jack Duffy Sandy MacDuff comedies..Hot Scotch (1928, 1 x 200ft Hollywood film) and Lay On MacDuff (1928, 1 x 200ft Hollywood film)

-

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted October 22, 2012 04:44 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Dino,she would probably say the same about this,but actors
tastes as you know varies from what is a challenge to them and
what is entertaining for us.I once asked Martine Beswick if we could got through the fight from "One Million Years BC" she'd had with Raquel Welch,on the lawns at Bray,she declined saying she
didn't want to get grass stains on her white suit.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2012 01:43 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey sounds not to bad she has a problem with PR Dino, and fighting with Raquel Welch is kinky Hugh why not? Hey nice screen shots Dino were do you find these movies? I never heard of most of them. I better go back to my film school a USC .Now I can say I know or seen,or heard of these classics. Anyway I have been watching allot of my Forbidden Planet to check for scratches any way if I ajust the framer on the projector as Hugh once commented on and it shifts over a bit from the frame gate Wow no scratches. And anyway the color of the print is so fantastic and bright who cares. And for the celebration of 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea CineMark theatre showings on the 25th of Oct. this month. I have been watching my 200 foot digest of the Squid fight and a whale of a tell it was. I also was checking out another classic since I had the 600 take up reel still on the projector .I watched last night a black and white classic Invasion of the Body Snatchers I still get chills when the girl love interest turns pod! Bummer!
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2012 11:56 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi that Forbidden Planet print is beautiful...When did you go to USC? Were you a production student or critical studies?

--------------------

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2012 12:54 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino I went to USC around the 1970 till 1972 I was in and out of my Hippie stage.I was an art major but would audit film Production classes. After a few years I dropped out and went off to be a monk in India for a few years studying Yoga and transcendental meditation. Did a pilgrimage to the mountaintop where I looked for enlightenment. I found the Holy Man like Tyrone Power in the 1946 Razor's Edge.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 23, 2012 01:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, once again, a lovely "Planet" print! It's cool to see Leslie Neilson before his "comedy" phase of his career, when he was still a serious actor, (though, I bet he made much more money for playing "Mr. Magoo" than he did in Forbidden Planet"!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 23, 2012 08:45 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Osi he was Magoo you done it again!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 24, 2012 01:24 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, but the "Mr. Magoo" feature (released by Disney films in the late 90's) bombed in the movie theater. The only plus was that the whole intro credits (which ran a good bit long, thankfully) and the end credits were in the lovely UPA styled animated graphics.

The film went downhill from there, unfortunately, not that Leslie didn't try!

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2012 09:00 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

It may not have been the original.
We saw Mr. Magoo, and loved it.
Goofy fun.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2012 01:38 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A little bit of 16mm Halloween fun tonight with FRIDAY THE 13TH PART III(1982, 2 x 1600ft) Even though it is a TV print it is still a fun horror flick, and important to the franchise since this is the one where Jason gets his hockey mask.

-

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 27, 2012 01:00 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Awesome Dino! Too bad it's not a 3D print, eh?

That reminds me to mention that we are doing our Halloween screenings ...

Monday : Alien scope feature
Tuesday : The Fog scope feature
Wedsnesday : Poltergeist scope feature.

FUN FUN FUN!!!!!

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2012 04:21 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I can't compete with that, Osi. However, I did watch.....
 -
Donald Duck in "Trick or Treat" earlier tonight.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2012 10:23 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How about some more BODY SNATCHERS and SHRINKING MAN for Holloween ? Lets get in the mood ! BOO!  -
 -
 -
And how about some WereWolf ? Happy or Unhappy SAMHIEN!

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 01, 2012 09:32 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Laksmi,well Samhain's celebration starts today,but last night
All Hallows Eve, I decided to eschew the Hollywood monsters
as they don't have anything to do with Halloween, and get back
to the traditional tales of witches,demons and ghosts.
The first film I showed was a firm favourite of mine that is still a
creepy film "The Legend of Hell House" which is a stunning 16mm print telling the tale of ghost hunters taking on "the Mt.
Everest of Haunted Houses"
followed by "The Devils Rain" on s/8 with William Shatner up
against Ernest Borgnine and the forces of evil, and rounded off with
the "Drop of Water" episode from Bava's "Black Sabbath" again
on s/8, with a woman haunted by a dead medium, that took me to just past midnight,time for bed and to let the real spooks do their stuff.

Terry Lagler
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2012 10:32 AM      Profile for Terry Lagler   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh,
That is one fantastic Halloween lineup!
Cheers
Terry

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted November 01, 2012 12:42 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Terry,I'm still trying to get my hair to lie flat.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2012 01:52 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What Happen Last night? Hey I watch a beautiful film called THE KING AND I It was a 400 foot digest super 8 in color. The color was great and the sound was fantastic. I love musicals and this is one of my best prints and has many best scenes. I really thought Yul waas great in it. Its a puzzlement!  -

--------------------

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2012 08:47 PM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On 16MM, 1941 in scope.

This is a Eastman print from 1979, and the colors have held really good.
They are in fact much better than the pictures show.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

Bought ages ago from Jef Films (remember him?).

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2012 09:22 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yep still got a bunch of the old lists

--------------------

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2012 01:44 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
THe days are getting darker its winter now and it's SUPER 8 MOVIE TIME!!!!! I watched BUCK RODGERS nice digest on a 200 foot reel color sound ,  - 7 VOYAGE OF SINBAD  -

-

TWENTY MILLION MILES TO EARTH Nice print with great blacks and whites with a lot of great scenes.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  110  111  112  113  114  115  116  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC