8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 127)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 02, 2013 09:56 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screened two of the new L&H 400' that arrived today, courtesy of mr Gerald Santana!

- Towed in a Hole
- Brats

Both 400' Blackhawk sound reels, now I have "Their First Mistake" for tomorrow [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

|  IP: Logged

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2013 05:42 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well Spring Break is here and the kids are out of school guess what had the kids up in arms? Walt Disney's Peter Pan super 8mm feature low fade feature LPP stock print. They all loved it and could not take their eyes off that beautiful print.  -
 -
 -  -
 -
 -  -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2013 01:13 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oemer!
Great shots and above all great videos!!!

I would love to see some screenshota or video of your technicolor copy of OUTTITW [Wink]

When you will screen it once more, can you grab some shots for us?

Ciao
Flavio!

Gordon Hunter
Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2013 02:32 PM      Profile for Gordon Hunter   Email Gordon Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"The Big Show". This is an "Our Gang" (Little Rascals) 2 reel silent film from 1923, by Pathe/Roach. My film is on super 8mm with a music background.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2013 08:07 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Did a "re-screening" today, as the missus + my brother-in-law wanted to check out the new L&Hs. Took my equipment out in the living room and set it up there [Smile]

Film shown:
"Towed In A Hole" - Blackhawk 400' BW Sound

-

Top: Set-up seen from the back
Middle: Set-up seen from the screen, with one of the two cinema cats + the missus
Bottom: Screenshot from the film, "Towed in a Hole"!

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 03, 2013 08:25 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, a little bit OT.
Flavio@
I need space, now you have also a 35mm machine, you can get very cheap my incomplete print of OUTITW. If you are interested send me an Email.
See what can happen if you collect 35mm:
 -
 -
 -

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted April 03, 2013 09:56 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Aladdin's Cave.Wish I knew the titles.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 04, 2013 01:17 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is this film called I watched 35mm film collecting last night? Come on guys lets stick to the topics.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 05, 2013 11:23 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a 16mm print of "Never Say Never Again".
 -

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 06, 2013 04:28 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I enjoyed screening the print I just received of one of my favorite movies... THE GOODBYE GIRL (1977).

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 06, 2013 06:12 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Cool Janice! I love that movie too. I 'reel' time-capsule from the 70's. Very nice print, and the colors look about how I remember them being a long time ago.

And the song is great too!

James.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 07, 2013 02:40 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a viewings with friends

Coal Black 200' Sound
 -

Day of the Monsters, 200' Sound
 -

Double Cross at Criss Cross, 16mm
 -

He Who Finds a Friend, Fiends a Treasure, 16mm
 -

Land That Time Forgot, 400'
 -

Stage Hoax, 16mm
 -

The Deep, 400'
 -

Whos On First, 200'
 -

And Alien and a couple of Regular 8's

Had a nice time

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 07, 2013 03:55 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
James, the actual color on "The Goodbye Girl" is turning and is a little redder then captured in the pics...but I'm having some projector filters made that should make what is projected on the screen closer to the color in the pics.

--------------------
Janice

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 07, 2013 01:55 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coulodn't resist, I had to watch "Warlords of Atlantis" (4X400ft, but it's one of those "short 400's" per reel, so that it actually fits onto 2X600ft, approximately 68 minutes.

A great cutdown of the film. Little romantic subplot, lots of monsters, lots of McClure struting about. Just LOVE those 70's "B" movies!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2013 01:57 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Vidar, the last time I saw "He Who Finds a Friend, Finds a Treasure", I was 14 and on holiday with my parents in France. A travelling 16mm cinema set up and screened it outside at the camp site.
Unfortunately it was screened in French with no subtitles so I didn't fully understand it. I won't say any more about that as Laksmi will tell me off for going "off topic"!
I have been watching some 16mm travelogues.One was LPP and promoting San Diego(circa 1984) and the other was a nice Technicolor print about Hawaii from the 1960s.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2013 06:16 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shots guys Vidar I love the wet tee Shirt parts in the DEEP ,great scenes Janice, and Jonathan 007. I watched an old favorite THIS ISLAND EARTH 400 foot digest in color super 8mm . The alien monster is weird those eyes get me every time.  -  -

--------------------

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2013 01:54 PM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is one of the strangest of the DW Griffith films I've seen. The Curtain Pole is a 1909 American comedy film. The film was made by the American Mutoscope and Biograph Company when it and many other early film studios in America's first motion picture industry were based in Fort Lee, New Jersey

I have no idea where this Standard 8mm print comes from (any info appreciated). It is not a Blackhawk print. It is contrasty. Who cares, it's primitive and I still like it. Griffith is experimenting with stop motion and reverse photography here where the carriage moves backwards at the end of the film. I'm sure audiences of the time (1909!!) were enthralled. I was sort of enthralled myself to see this ancient comedy especially the lead character who is sort of an absurdist Dada clown who takes us on his crazy chase. My favorite parts are the closer shots of the clown,pictured, wrestling with the curtain pole and the chase scenes with the carriage. What this film is about is anyones guess. I would venture to say that this an early experiment by the master filmmaker, DW Griffith.

-

Elyas Tesfaye
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2013 01:59 PM      Profile for Elyas Tesfaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Glad to see "Who's on first?" made the cut [Smile] !!!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 09, 2013 03:24 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Elyas, that is one of my favorites, plain funny

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2013 03:49 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WAS "Who's On First" the first to be shown? A pity you didn't have a Walton release of Dr Who. Then Who would have been on first [Eek!]

I'll have to get some of my older prints out to see if there's any that have faded. Some of the images look pretty good still on here.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 10, 2013 04:02 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had a relaxing afternoon watching a Chaplin classic THE TRAMP (1914)

-

...AND a good laugh with CHIMP COMEDIES: Chimp the Chump [Smile]

-

--------------------
Janice

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2013 06:45 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard,it certainly is an early D.W.Griffith comedy (a rarity!) starring Mack Sennett. I have an exellent Blackhawk copy from which I am certain this was copied.

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2013 12:49 PM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panayotis-thanks for the info. Are you saying that my print is most likely a Blackhawk print or that it was duped from the Blackhawk ? Also, is the lead character, the gent in the top hat, Mack Sennett? If so, that's a surprise and a cool tidbit of film history.

Janice-Chimp the Chump- won an Oscar for this performance btw [Big Grin]

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted April 10, 2013 03:16 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL Richard...

Yes...this was definitely an Oscar level performance [Smile] . I love that one of the title cards says something like, "Just another day for a typical family." [Big Grin] [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2013 03:17 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shots Janice the chimp made me watch another chimp Mighty Joe Young 3 X 400 super 8mm B/W Ray H classic!  -
 -
 - Oscar level performance !

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  124  125  126  127  128  129  130  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC