8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 129)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2013 01:20 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched "When Comedy was King" (4 x 400ft Walton) with thanks to Winbert/Trevor!

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 25, 2013 01:34 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screened the first two reels of "WINGS" 6x400 Reg. 8, courtesy of mr. DeBlock [Smile]

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2013 12:44 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well I'm finally selling my Peter Pan film. I guess I am a digest man by heart. I love digest films and I have to say I get tired changing reels. Last night I watched my Peter Pan trailer from good old Red Fox films . It is still in nice condition with all the best scenes.  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 30, 2013 12:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Very nice trailer Laksmi!

Check your e-mail, Laksmi, I sent you an message, perhaps an urgent interest for you! [Smile]

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Douglas Meltzer

- posted May 03, 2013 09:23 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched the UFA 3x400' of King Kong vs. Godzilla. The three parts are titled "The Return of King Kong", "The Greatest Monster of All Time" and "Earth's Population in Panic".

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

I had another print of this which was completely red. The colors are better here, especially in part 2.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 12:19 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Doug those Japan Kong shots look good and Godzilla. The Girl looks good in her laid back look. Hey you got me into Kong now so I watched my KING KONG revisited 3X400 with all the edited shots B/W nice contrast. Sound is great and it is the Mountain Films print.  -
 -
 -  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 07:46 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I'm doing a screening for my friends, showing off the two new prints that arrived a this week, courtesy of Ian O'Reilly!

- The Music Box, 600'
- Intolerance, 3x800' scored print!

Showing "Music Box" and first reel of "Intolerance", followed by a short intermission, with homebrewed beer and red wine on the menu, before we return to the screen for the final reels of "Intolerance". Screenshots coming tomorrow if I can remember to bring the camera.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted May 04, 2013 09:32 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a fun night for your screening. [Smile] I just watched my new copy of The Music Box also Christian. I don't think I had ever seen the whole film before...so funny! A real classic. If you don't post some pics...I will.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 11:49 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I had checked out a few film locations over the last few months. You should like this oneSteps Post some pictures too, "The Music Box" a true classic. My kids love it 5 years 9 years 16 years and the eldest is Thai, but Laurel & Hardy's humour travels well.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 04, 2013 12:23 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's some screenshots from my "Blues Brothers" 2X400ft digest! It took a long time to find a good color copy of that digest! Enjoy!

-

-

-

-

-

[ May 04, 2013, 01:27 PM: Message edited by: Osi Osgood ]

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 04, 2013 03:39 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ben Hur 400'
 -

Clown of the Jungle 200' sound
 -

The Internecine Project, 1600' optical sound
 -

Samson & Delilah 400'
 -

Shout at the Devil 2400' optical sound
 -

Superman cartoon 200'
 -

The Towering Inferno 3x400'
 -

Viva Las Vegas 3x400
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 04, 2013 11:59 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi and Vidar great screen shots! Wow Blues Brothers, Ben Hur, Samson, and my Superman cartoons great! That's what I'm talking about!!!

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 01:59 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched a very nice Derann print of Tex Avery's "King Size Canary".
 -

-

-

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 11:31 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I went back through time with the classic Pal film THE TIME MACHINE 3X400 super 8mm color sound and I'm looking forward to receiving the trailer I won on eBay .I fell in love with Weena .wow!  -

--------------------

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 12:13 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi Love that film, and the colour looks really good. Is it a good edit? 3x400ft does seem a good length for most films.

I watched your mate Ray's dvd "The Early Years" at the weekend. I really enjoyed it. You've got to say it "He's the MASTER" Still get a thrill watching his films.

Douglas, Who won the fight in "King Kong vs. Godzilla" I think the original Japanese version Godzilla won, but the US release Kink Kong won the fight. And then Laksmi watched the original "King Kong" WOW.

The original "King Kong" I have complete from Mountain Films.

If you can put your self back to the original premier, it must have fantastic and scary.

It is really special to watch film. MAGIC

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 07, 2013 08:23 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah David it is a real good edit the 3 X 400 Digest TIME MACHINE and the color is not that bad. here are a few more shots. Ray my mate he's great I just put on the digest of JOE YOUNG 3 X 400 super 8 B/W to keep the big Ape mood. Love Joe's expressions never get that with CGI.  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 - Legendary visual effects pioneer and stop-motion model animator Ray Harryhausen my dearest friend has sadly passed away he was over 90.

--------------------

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 08, 2013 06:26 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
RAY HARRYHAUSEN NIGHT FOR THE KING ! I could not hold back my tears watching all these movies . He was like a God I thought would out live me.  -
 -
 -
 -

-
 -
 -
 -
Death RIP there is a Artist Heaven you will lead the way Namaste Hare KRSNA!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 09, 2013 12:57 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks 4 Sharing those screenshots Laksmi! The great one! (not to mention those who worked tirelessly in the background)

--------------------

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted May 09, 2013 01:22 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice sentiment there Laksmi, and we all share the grief.

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 13, 2013 08:31 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched WarGames. Great print from Derann. So much fun going back to a different. time. That's what movies are all about.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted May 16, 2013 04:36 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterdays viewings for me was the 16mm's I got on Saturday. They were about 8 dollar each

En Handfull Kärlek, swedish movie about Stockholm in the beginning of 1900
 -

A Passage to India, enjoyed this more than I thought I would
 -

another picture from that one
 -

Then Cat and the Canary (turned red sadly)
 -

Overall price per film was about 18 dollar, so very happy with this

Titles I got En Handfull Kärlek, Amorosa, The Final Countdown, Dracula '79, A Man Called Horse, Om Kärlek, A Passage to India, The Day Of The Jackal, Sally och friheten, The Hunter, La Cage Aux Folles, Eye Of The Needle, J'ai épousé une ombre, Ce sacré grand-père, Cat And The Canary, Viginia City, Body Double, Soldier Blue

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2013 03:35 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
16mm IB Tech: Funny Face 1957 with Audry Hepburn, Fred Astaire and Kay Thompson.

-

-

-

-

-

-

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2013 03:54 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wonderful pictures Oemer! [Smile]

I will screen and post some day some pictures form my IB tech 16mm copy of BAREFOOT IN THE PARK! I love it!

Flavio

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 16, 2013 04:13 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love Audrey Hepburn, such a wonderful actress.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2013 12:22 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love Hepburn to Guy, nice prints Oemer wow! I was into Hitchcock last night I watched the BIRDS 400 foot digest and it has all the great scenes. It's looking old but there is still some color on the stock.  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  126  127  128  129  130  131  132  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC