8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 138)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 06, 2013 10:09 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice screenshots of Trick or Treat, Vidar. I put that on at Halloween.
I watched a 200ft Derann, "Look at Life: The Sinking City"
followed by "The Silver Linings Playbook" on Blu-ray.

-

-

-

|  IP: Logged

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2013 02:24 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Akshay. yes that must be the home made box and sold for 900 that was my 007 .Vidar how did you put up all those screen shots??? Watched last night SUPERMAN CARTOONS ELEVENTHHOUR .  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 07, 2013 04:32 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, Trick or Treat is keeping the colors nicely :-)

Laksmi, I just did what you told me ... :-) Added the pictures underneath the original in one high picture. Problem was it needed to be more compressed as most of them were getting about 250-300Kb and 200 was the limit. Just ran them through a different paint program and increased the compression (small loss of quality sadly) to fit under 200Kb

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 07, 2013 08:34 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On 16MM the winner of best picture 1946: The Best Years of Our Lives. It won no less than NINE oscar's, and was worth every one of them.
Great cast, great direction by William Wyler and a film that has aged really well.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 07, 2013 08:38 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lars ...

That is one of the truly beautiful classics I have ever seen, one scene always brings me to tears, when the fellow who's lost his forearms and hands in the war, gets "tucked in" by the girl who loves him, but he's afraid that she'll think he's only half a man.

It's one of the most tender moments ever put on screen, very realistic and incredibly moving. This was one of the first film to show what we call "battle fatigue" (so to speak) when the other fellow has flashbacks to a plane crash.

Your a lucky man to own a print of this film, and thanX 4 the screenshot!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 08, 2013 08:00 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lars- one of the best films of all time. thanks for posting this. Kathy O'Donnell who plays the young woman marrying the wounded soldier is wonderful in this film as are the other great performances directed by Wyler. O'Donnell made a film that is my only feature I own in 16mm, Nicholas Ray's "They Live By Night" where she plays a very sensitive leading role. Unfortunately this great performer died very young.

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2013 04:18 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice screenshots everyone. Loved them all. [Smile]

It was a night for the Horror of Dracula. We'd recently watched F. W. Murnau's 'Nosferatu' so the story was fresh in our heads. Sometimes slight deviations from the familiar are good news, so we were happy to see a few "liberties" being taken. Where Murnau gave us a Count we felt sorry for, here Hammer creates an evil Count. Where Orlock dominates screen-time, here Dracula plays second-fiddle to Dr. Van Helsing. Several beautiful women appear in brief but pivotal roles, so the various female characters actually move the story forward. And, the 82-minutes run-time keeps the movie rolling along. What fun!

-

-

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted July 11, 2013 05:02 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice that Akshay.

At present I'm enjoying some George Pal puppetoons including 'Jasper and the Watermelon' which was the last new print on sale at good old Classic Home Cinema. My latest mission seems to be hunting down George Pal material.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 11, 2013 01:15 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just ran through the three last films I got
Frankenstein Meets the Wolfman, 200' silent
 -

Tom & Jerry Solid Serenade 200' color sound (are anyone elses this dark?)
 -

Disney's Greatest Chases, 400' (Thank you very much, Christian)
 -

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 11, 2013 07:52 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched "The World of Suzie Wong" 16mm IB Tech feature that I purchased at the Syracuse Cinefest earlier this year.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2013 01:07 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Akshay,Vidar win the price for the most screen shots! Nice screenshots everyone. Last night I watched my Harryhausen classic EARTH VS THE FLYING SAUCERS 400foot super8mm digest. A very good digest I might add.  -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2013 09:04 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All I had time for was the first reel of Metropolis-Griggs print. Standard 8mm. directed by Fritz Lang

"The Machine! Someone Must stay with the machine!"

-

-

-

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 12, 2013 01:20 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard nice screen shots I love this film did you just buy this on eBay? I was going to bid I was not fast enough. [Frown] Here is the trailer version  -

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 13, 2013 11:56 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just my two new Disney shorts, both 200'
Robin Hood
 -

The Small One
 -

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 13, 2013 12:12 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, that clip you have, fits nicely onto the longer 400' version
of the Franky meets Wolfman episode. Probably why the confusion
as to why the public confused the monster with the scientist in name.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 13, 2013 12:45 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've always liked that short "The Small One", (which was released by Derann on low fade stock as the full short, I have it!)

What I have always loved aboput this featurette (apart from the cute subject matter) is that this is really the blending of two animation stdios, so to speak. Some characters, (such as the people bartering in the market-place) are clearly disney-esque characters. However, the father, as well as other characters, are clearly "Don Bluth-esque" characters, as is clearly evident when you compare this featurette to other human character in Bluth productions. This was the last work Don Bluth did for the Walt Disney studio (he directed it). he was fed up with what was happening to Disney animation, "They were just taking the same characters and revamping them a little and doing new features" (actually, that was fairly true if you look at most of the Disney features of the 70's) and so Bluth as well a number of other Disney artists left and formed Don Bluth animation.

Thank you for the screenshots as always, Vidar!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 13, 2013 01:57 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Turns out the night wasn't quite over ... Saw another old, not so hot print ... Tested with various filters

-

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 14, 2013 12:50 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, your print of "Trick or Threat" has excellent color. However as far as I know, Walt Disney Home Movies only released in silent version. Is this the case on your print?

If it is not, then it is best possible your print is Derann version with sound.

I have "Solid Serenade" and mine is not dark.

--------------------
Winbert

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 14, 2013 04:02 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mine is sound of Trick or Treat ... Swedish label on the box. Can't see Derann anywhere, but how do I know? Anything I can look for?

Looks like a normal Disney box to me : http://pokeysoft.no/movies/8MM/details/146024.html

Thanks, I'll need another Solid Serenade then :-)

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 14, 2013 10:28 AM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi-your trailer of Metropolis looks much better than the print I've pictured. Is it Super 8? I bought Metropolis from a forum member not too long ago, not on Ebay. Its not a great print but the film plays well because of it's remarkable artistry no matter the format or scratches in the print.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2013 02:12 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Richard METROPOLIS is a 16mm trailer with no scratches. Hey Vidar your animation screen shots got me into watching tonight my Superman cartoons. This is a super 8mm 200 foot JUNGLE DRUMS  -

-
 -
 -
 -
 -  -

--------------------

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2013 04:36 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we watched Yankee Doodle Dandy. Although I bought this nearly a year ago, this was our first screening, and the first time we watched it. Good, sharp print from Red Fox. Sound not so great though.

-

-

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 16, 2013 04:42 AM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Akshay, Derann redid the Red Fox titles, resulting in far better
sound recording.

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 16, 2013 04:45 AM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hugh, there is no Derann now. My hopes lie with Lance Alspaugh. Or, I have to learn how remix the sound.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 17, 2013 12:23 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Akshay,Oemer,Vidar, Hugh, HELP! Do any of you know how I can fix the sound on the film I just bought from Osi of Marketing Film German part 2 of Star Wars super 8mm 400 reel. ?  -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  135  136  137  138  139  140  141  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC