8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 140)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  137  138  139  140  141  142  143  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 26, 2013 01:32 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree Doug,

My goodness! With all the rare prints I have, I would love to have a proper screening room AND the digital camera to take the screenshots I'd love to.

But in the meantime, great to see all of yours!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 26, 2013 02:45 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If there's wrong in my doing, I will of course stop. The pictures I put up, Laksmi, is three pictures all under 200kb and less than 550 pixels, so I am actually using less space this way than posting 8 "normal" pictures.

Just let me know, I'll follow rules, but was under the impression it was number of pictures (ie in this case 3) was supposed to be under 8.

Two more pictures from todays feature film, Beverly Hillbillies
 -

-

Laksmi, this is a total space use of under 400kb, if I did 8 pictures, they would be about 1,5Mb. Really sorry if this annoys you or anyone, I'd stick to a couple of pictures in singles if that's what's needed

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2013 03:23 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For what it is worth, I love Vidar's posts and pictures.

Vidar, you watch films every night? All your prints have superb color even. Lucky you. Some day I will visit you in Norway, I am not joking here. I will visit you. And, I will definitely steal 20-30 prints, but you will not realize because your collection is so huge!! [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 26, 2013 03:35 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
LOL, thank you. You are welcome for a visit, but I am hesitant to let you steal any of my loved movies ;-) And the collection ain't that huge, a little over 500 titles, ranging from 50' to full features.

I've been lucky with quite a few prints, but The Birds, that's one that seems red, no matter what

I don't want anyone to get annoyed, so do state your opinion, if everyone is okay with the posts, that's nice, if not, I'll change to smaller posts

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2013 03:41 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, just a heads-up here: I only steal full-features. [Big Grin]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 26, 2013 03:50 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ha, ha ... Good thing I don't have that many :-) Depends on if you call The Three Stooges for example as features? They are the full film of 17-19 minutes, but it's not a feature unless it's at least 60 (or is it more?) minutes

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2013 05:38 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Shortest film I'd steal is the 45-minutes 'Sherlock Jr.', but it must have soundtrack. Anyway, let us get back to the topic. Anybody seen anything worth sharing last night?

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 26, 2013 06:47 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar's pictures are stunning, an example to us all, more please
Vidar.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2013 07:18 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah Doug ,Hugh, Akshay, and every one why don't you all put up pictures everyday like Vidar ? I don't have a proper screening room but I have a computer and Photo Shop . I guess I don't know about computers or cameras I will let an expert like Vidar put up all the pictures from now on and just look on like Osi.

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 26, 2013 07:42 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi, your pictures are also brilliant, I LOOK FORWARD to seeing
your screensnaps, seeing as we both love "Uncle Rays" films.As
Doug says,there's no hard rule on snaps, get them up there, we
all enjoy them.I WISH I was as computer savvy as yourself, but
alas I am thick as a brick,when it comes to electronics, but it is
nice to see all members screenshots. I would like to see your
Harryhausen trailer reels in a screenshot special.
I'm still looking for Hercules by the way.

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted July 26, 2013 08:00 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lakshmi, on Vidar's three stooges serial posts, he actually only posted 3 pictures. He was smartly putting many pictures into one frame and resize into the max that this forum can accept (i.e 550 pixels).

It does not break any rules.

Today's software can compress big files into small size without sacrificing the resolutions, hence the picture is still big and clear.

I did not post my screen shot so often because I always forgot to take camera while screening due to the fact so many thing needs to be prepared before projecting films... [Big Grin]

[ July 26, 2013, 09:48 PM: Message edited by: Winbert Hutahaean ]

--------------------
Winbert

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted July 26, 2013 08:22 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert, I WISH i was as "on the ball" as yourself and Laksmi where screenshots are concerned, you guys just leave me with my
mouth open with the stuff you put up there.Nice to know you're
safe, keep well away from Singapore for a bit.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted July 27, 2013 12:53 AM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Laksmi

Please keep posting your photos, it is appreciated [Smile]

Graham.

PS I use my wife digital camera for screen shots, but it does not like to much movement "gets a bit blurry" and has now packed up altogether [Frown] ..still got to get the hang of the new one [Smile]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 27, 2013 02:38 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I second that, Laksmi, keep 'em coming. Love to see the pictures

It's because of some of your pictures I've bought some films and look for certain films too, so they are very nice and helpful for me at least.

Got two new ones today too and watched through them ... Pleasingly surprised of the colors

Once Upon a Time in the West, 400'
 -

When Worlds Collide, 400' (well on a 400' reel, but it was 10-12 minutes I think)
 -

[ July 27, 2013, 04:48 AM: Message edited by: Vidar Olavesen ]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 27, 2013 01:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Love those Stooges screenshots! Columbia id a most excellent job with they're Stooges shorts! Most have original leader from the studio on them and are quite interesting~

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2013 05:15 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night: 35mm Star Wars Episode 2 attac of the clones.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2013 05:22 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
screenshots look good

[ June 01, 2016, 08:09 PM: Message edited by: Bill Phelps ]

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2013 05:44 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
There is a free software in german (verkleinerer17b.exe)
You choose the file on your computer and you write the size you need, in our case 550pix and push the butten. The programm copy all pictures in the correct size in a new folder.

It is very easy.
You can download the programm here: http://www.softonic.de/s/verkleinerer-17-exe

But I am sure, they exist same programms in english too.

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2013 05:46 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer, yours is the life man! Philips FP3 and great 35mm feature prints. Your kids are living the life man, seriously wish I was one of them.

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2013 05:55 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Akshay, I have 3 children (13 year old daughter, 8 years old son and a 4 years old little daughter).
The little daughter is the only person in my family who watch with me together Film. All other prefer TV.
But my Son is a big Star Wars fan, so I watched it with him together yesterday. My little daughter is to young for Episode 2, so she came and go during the screening.

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2013 06:23 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oemer, your children preferring TV over film may be to stay up-to-date on today's programming. This way they can talk to friends. In a few years they are going to realise that the film set-up in your house is "cool". This is my feeling.

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2013 06:41 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
screenshots look ok

[ June 01, 2016, 08:13 PM: Message edited by: Bill Phelps ]

Akshay Nanjangud
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2013 06:54 PM      Profile for Akshay Nanjangud   Email Akshay Nanjangud   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
C'mon Bill, this is better than just "okay".

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2013 07:01 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, I just had not watched it for a while and was glad to see it was better than I thought.

[ June 01, 2016, 08:11 PM: Message edited by: Bill Phelps ]

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted July 28, 2013 12:42 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank you, now I am feel envy ;-)

Want to sell it?

Looking really nice, then there's hope for another one turning up sometime.

Today I have a screening with some friends, so pictures later

Death Wish and some shorts are on the menu, maybe a trailer show on 35mm

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  137  138  139  140  141  142  143  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC