8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 145)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2013 02:52 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we watched a few Elvis cutdowns on the anniversay of his death,titles were Blue Hawaii,Girls Girls Girls,Paradise Hawiian Style and Change of Habit,Colours have held up pretty well on these with only Paradise showing signs of fade,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

|  IP: Logged

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 21, 2013 07:16 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I finally got to watch some films. I watched KING KONG 3x400 super 8 sound black and white. And MIGHTY JOE YOUNG 3X400 Black and white super 8 sound , I was missing the film feature SON OF KONG so I put these on to help with pain of separation [Frown] .  -

-
 -
 -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 22, 2013 11:43 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just browsed through some films I was given by a friend ...

Not sure where you are about censorship, so I do a censored one

Got a danish commercial on Super 8, for a Braun Shaver
 -

-

If you're okay with nudity, I can modify the post to get it with no censor (I hate censorship myself, but not sure how you all feel about it)

Fanta, a nice drink
 -

-

And an old Disney, Alice's Egg Plant
 -

-

and Animal World, terribly red
 -

Better with filters, but light is very much lower
 -

Bill Brandenstein
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 22, 2013 09:58 PM      Profile for Bill Brandenstein   Email Bill Brandenstein   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Not sure where you are about censorship, so I do a censored one
Vidar, I'm sure others will differ, but I appreciate the censorship and keeping a more-than-not family friendly atmosphere in this community.

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2013 11:54 AM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My wife and I had a movie club party last night in the back yard. I'm not sure if digital films are allowed on this thread but I did show some Super 8mm home movies that I shot earlier this year before the main attraction. They included Kayaking on the white river near Lake Wenatchee in Washington, Crater Lake in Oregon and my wife's cousin skydiving for the first time.

The feature presentation was The Rocky Horror Picture Show in HD with my new NEC digital projector. The guests could view it from the swimming pool, hot tub or patio furniture. I projected it on a 12' wide cloth screen I made from a drop cloth. The screen worked great but I need to find some better fabric to make it out of. The projector could easily handle a larger picture if I could come up with a way to make a larger screen.

Believe it or not there were 3 "40 Year Old Virgins" in the audience who had never seen this movie. I thought everyone from my generation has seen it. In college we used to go see it at the midnight movie and throw rice and toast at the screen. We didn't do rice and toast in my back yard for fear of clogging the pool filter and getting my dogs sick.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 23, 2013 12:08 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I never did like that movie, though I'm of that generation, however, it does have a big cult following.

The funny thing is that there were a lot of copycat movies trying to cash in on it's success, but couldn't.

However, I must admit, I wouldn't doing the "TimeWarp" again! (chuckle)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Bryan Chernick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 23, 2013 12:40 PM      Profile for Bryan Chernick   Email Bryan Chernick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
However, I must admit, I wouldn't doing the "TimeWarp" again! (chuckle)
That song has been stuck in my head since we watched the movie. It's definitely not a movie for everyone. The "Virgins" were surprised at the subject matter considering it was made in 1975.

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 24, 2013 03:37 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
For shame Osi, "Rocky Horror" is surely a classic, I don't care much
for musicals, but this little film is definately the exception for me.
Well chosen Bryan.A real party starter.

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 24, 2013 04:04 PM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do own a low fade color printing of the sequel "Shock Treatment."

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2013 02:40 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"Let's face it Mac that basic black is coming back" [Smile]

Interesting film. Not quite Rocky Horror. I have the digest for "Rocky Horror Picture Show". Watched it last week. Lots of fun.

Last night I watched three digests.

AIRPORT

AIRPORT '77

And in honor of the late, great Karen Black,

AIRPORT 1975

I did not watch THE CONCORD 1979. I do not own it. I never will. It is a piece of **** film not worthy of the Airport name.

[ November 09, 2013, 12:23 PM: Message edited by: Chris Fries ]

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 25, 2013 04:25 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched super color sound 400 digest. I love the campiness of Jane Fonda and her other censored attributes BARBARELLA  -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 25, 2013 04:26 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Start with an apology to Laksmi, here's a few pictures again, hope it's not too much for you. It's what we saw today

African Queen 400', Flåklypa Grand Prix 400', Good Scouts 200'
 -

Murphy's War 400', À La Conquête Du Pôle 200' silent (weird but it's printed inverted except the end), Porridge 400'
 -

Beverly Hillbilles feature 35mm, Blaze Trailer, Enchanted April Trailer, Far and Away Trailer, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade Trailer
 -

Hugh Thompson Scott
Film God

- posted August 29, 2013 11:24 PM      Profile for Hugh Thompson Scott   Email Hugh Thompson Scott       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar, Laksmi has done his share of "lines of pictures" in the past,
which we all enjoyed, so no apologies needed. Nice pictures by
the way.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2013 04:55 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screening time last night here, been way too long since last time, and for once: I remembered to get pictures!

So last night, me and the missus invited her brother + 1 to dinner, with some proper film entertainment afterwards. Now that the autumn is coming, it's usually quite dark already at 9 PM, so ideal conditions for some outdoor cinema action.

Spent yesterday setting up the ol' tent on the terrace, preparing it for the show:
 -
Here's the tent, a small 3x3 meter "party-tent", which fits nicely onto my deck. The screen is an old tripod "silverscreen" which does the films good justice. On the floor you can see the B&H speaker, from my 16mm machine, which connects to the projector inside the house. It's a four-seater, can easily squeeze in more, and the bedroom (window seen behind the chairs) serves as projection booth.

-
The ST-1200 fires up, and does its job great! We saw a few reels of home movies first, before moving on to the main feature. Here's the crowd and the projector!

And on the menu tonight: "The Music Box"! - a very nice 600' copy, but a bit on the blue side.
 -

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted August 30, 2013 11:10 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It’s taken some time (a few years) but we have finally got round to doing a computerised listing of our commercial cine films. It took no less than 7 hours to do but we did it in the end against years of ‘we must get round to that’ and amazing what you actually find when having a clear out. Anyway, interspersed with listing the film titles we watched a few little gems as follows as you do…..

(Super 8)
Devilled Hams
Carry on Screaming
Un Chein Andalou

(Standard 8)
Cut it out)

(16mm)
Moving Pictures (Pretty amazing )
Theatre Royal (1943)

(17.5mm sound)
Blow me down (Popeye)

(35mm and exhausted)
Nitrate film ‘Betty Boops Rise to Fame’
Its Ok I used a low heat lamp!!

Pictures will be uploaded when we recover.

Christian. Your pictures are excellent when can we all move in?
My own outdoor show in Bridlington is taking place in Oct so watch this space!

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2013 03:08 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's a pretty good set up for home movies Christian looks like they really likes MUSIC BOX. Is it cold what's with the sleeping bags? Hey Lee would like to see the images it sounds like some good movies. Last night I saw DAMNATION ALLEY color super 8 sound 400 footer.  -
 -

-
 -
 -

-

-

-

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2013 03:37 PM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks guys!

Yeah, it was a little cold, around 8 degrees or so when we started at 10 PM, but it dropped quickly so the blankeys helped [Smile] It's a nice setup for my use, I plan to leave it up at least until it starts snowing, so that it's only five mins for me to setup a screening.

The program in total was about an hour (three 200' reels of home movies + 600' Music Box), which meant I had to cut "Popeye meets Ali Baba" as it got too cold and late

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2013 04:53 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Brrrrr, and I thought here in germany (now few minutes befor midnight it is 17°C) it is too cold for outdoor screening.

But its looks realy cozy.
Thanks for the detailed pics Christian, I like to see more than the screenshots.

Wow, Lee its nice to hear that you can screen nitrate film. A friend of mine can do it too, the quality of old b/w or technicolor nitrate prints are outstanding.

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 31, 2013 08:58 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bad news! The wind picked up last night, without warning, and I awoke to find the "movie tent" curled and twisted on the ground. Oh well, it was a cheap tent (only 40 dollars), but a real shame as the setup worked great [Frown]

I guess it's time to move the screenings to the garage!

Oemer: 17 degrees? That's when we go swimming! ;-)

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 01, 2013 01:18 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw one of the new 16mm prints today ... Stick with Burt Reynolds ... Had fun, was okay

-

-

-

-

-

-

Also saw this : http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0103301/?ref_=fn_al_tt_1

but isn't allowed to post videos or pictures of it. Stop motion trip ... took about a year to film I think

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 01, 2013 08:16 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lately I've started to get more interested in the films I made back when I first got into S8 back starting in the late 1970s. It's actually quite a project, because they are all spliced with overlapped cement splices and for some reason my Elmo sound projectors stumble on this kind of join. So every couple of days I take a film, toss the steel can (they are all acetates), resplice it with the Bolex beveled splicer, and give it a cardboard box and a label.

Last night I watched a film I made when I was 20 years old and it was just as nice to see as in 1982. Love that Kodachrome, magical stuff!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 02, 2013 12:46 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It seems like ages since I have had time for a film at home, but this weekend hopefully will get me back on track again...Friday we did an outside screening on 16mm The Life and Death of 9413, a Hollywood Extra (1928), and a DVD of Souls For Sale in front of the old Ince Studios in Culver City, then spent Saturday in the dark watching movies at Cinecon, and finally today had some friends over to watch another one of those movies like Rocky Horror that aren't for everyone...A polarizing movie that was revolutionary for its time...That being said it was a 16mm IB Tech print with the appropriate amount of lines and wear to provide context for PINK FLAMINGOS (1972, 2 x 1600ft). It is hard to believe that the mainstream movies Hairpspray and Cry Baby were made by the same man.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted September 02, 2013 03:22 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
All in super 8 : King Kong Trailer, Camera Thrills In Wildest Africa (a Castle film in an Universal 8 box, which is half surprising as Universal 8 was the new Castle film name) and Tom and Jerry (Designs On Jerry).

--------------------
Dominique

Richard Bock
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 04, 2013 07:19 PM      Profile for Richard Bock   Author's Homepage   Email Richard Bock   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
fabulous screen shots by everyone. I can't believe how cold it is in Norway and to watch movies. great stuff.

I had the opportunity to put on a few reels of one of my favorite DW Griffith feature films the other day. Hearts of the World-Standard 8mm Blackhawk/ watching a Griffith film is like watching a poem. This one is about the toll of war on the lives of its characters. Lillian Gish (first pic) the graceful actress, is luminescent as she looks right at the audience in this amazing solo scene.

-

-

-

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 04, 2013 08:58 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night and tonight: two reels each of a thoroughly...broken in print of "Carry On Camping".

Nice color, good sound, but more lines than the New York Subway system!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  142  143  144  145  146  147  148  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC