8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 15)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 12, 2009 11:40 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi David,

I was also curious if the High Noon print was
released either by Walton, Ken, Derann, etc.?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

|  IP: Logged

Lars Pettersson
Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2009 04:50 AM      Profile for Lars Pettersson   Email Lars Pettersson   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello everyone,

I forgot to post the link when I wrote about the Eumigs, they come as both silent and sound versions. Pretty much all metal, great quality.

http://www.super8film.at/

Cheers
Lars

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2009 05:36 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Like every Easter Holidays, Jesus Christ Superstar, wonderful 16mm 'scope copy projected with Bauer P7TS and Elmo external loudspeaker.
Of course projection for me and myself only, otherwise I couldn't sing during the movie!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2009 12:47 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sunday 12th April 2009

Mel Brook's SPACEBALLS on super 8 (just arrived), stunning print.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2009 03:25 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was a little bit late for the post [Smile]

"Birthday Show" on April 8th:
James Cameron's Titanic (Scope)

It's the best print I ever saw on Super 8 !!!
Really gigantic. Sharpness absolutely perfect.
My guests were impressed, what is possible in Super 8 [Big Grin]

And this weekend it was time for a Derann-Disney night:
Aristocats
The sword in the stone

BTW: In Germany High Noon was released through Atlas Film (if I remember correctly). The picture quality isn't very good. Grayscale is too low and contrast too high, so you can see f.e. sometimes no or less face outlines.

Greetz,
Michael

[ April 14, 2009, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Michael Beyer ]

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2009 10:34 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To Michael De Angelis, - the Super 8 "High Noon" which I have is a "Stanley Kramer Production" and has "Ivy Films" scratched into the emulsion of the leader, just beore the countdown.

I'm afraid I can't find any other information on the film, except that the sound is by "Cine Magnetics".

I hope that helps. Maybe someone else on the Forum can offer further info.

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 14, 2009 01:48 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael and Danny,

Thank you in sharing.

I once owned a 16mm print of High Noon
and it was a composite of two separate prints,
that were salvaged to complete one feature.

It was not a good decision to let it go
but at the time I was not pleased with the
jarring shifts that were cobbled together,
in order to enjoy the feature.

All of the original segments were
printed on 1953 Kodak film stock, that was
only one year after its' original theatrical release.
Most likely for a 16mm print, it appeared closest
to the cameral original as possible.

The DVD cannot compete to bring out
this attentiveness to detail.

All of the original scenes sparkled.
Close-ups of Coops face, revealed every
single pore on his face and each strand of hair on his head.

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 15, 2009 01:27 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was:
Narrow gauge to Silverton (Blackhawk Reg 8mm)
Up for Auction (Pathescope 9.5mm)

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 22, 2009 12:32 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night,
- Geri's Game
- Finding Nemo trailer
- TMNT trailer

[ November 06, 2010, 09:56 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2009 05:05 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have just got my 8mm prints spooled up and ready for my vintage film show this Sunday..

MURPHYS WAR TRAILER
DERANN RANK CINEMA ADVERTS NO 12

MAIN FEATURE

MIGHTY JOE YOUNG-1949-BRAND NEW PRINT!!

PLUS FULL SUPPORTING PROGRAMME!!

David Erskine
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2009 05:23 PM      Profile for David Erskine   Email David Erskine   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
One of the Derann Ads (acquired from Dave Robinson - DCR Films) show ME!! It a commercial for Alka Seltzer (I think) showing me with a big plate of mince & mash. Great fun.

--------------------
I've NEVER let failure go to MY head!

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 22, 2009 05:58 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After almost three weeks of no shows due to heavy work schedule and the Easter holidays,we had a good show tonight.Andy Clyde in WATER WAGONS,Popeye in HOLD THE WIRE and Tex Avery's I WANNA BE A SAILOR ,led to the main feature Henri Georges Clouzot's masterpiece DIABOLIQUE and finished with the Scotland Yard short THE DARK STAIRWAY.All on super 8.

Gary Crawford
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2009 08:12 AM      Profile for Gary Crawford     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Started my film series again at the local library...they have a huge screen....the theme is Hollywood studio murder mysteries. Our first offering was a very very good dupe of the Death Kiss...16mm run on a Pageant 250. But the short was the Three Stooges Three Missing Links...in which they are hired as "actors" in a movie. The super 8 was shown with a souped up Elmo St 800 with an outboard transformer powering a 250 ESC bulb....with the F1.1 lens. The stooges film looked just as bright...a little whiter....and sharper than the 16 feature. The sound was better as well. Of course, the super 8 is basically an original print from Columbia..and a very sharp one, too.
Next week, The Falcon in Hollywood..an original 16 print with Daffy and Porky in You Ought to be in Pictures.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 24, 2009 01:05 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night first and last reels (because it's the only ones I have from the film) of T. Dalton as 007 in "License to Kill".

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 24, 2009 02:19 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last night some 9.5 shorts Walter the Sleuth and Lost & Won, and the very short Ruth Roland release from The Timber Queen retitled Towards the Abyss.... Also one Super 8 sound short called Prices Unlimited with Leon Errol.....

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2009 05:00 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight, 27th april 2009

- GREYSTOKE The legend of Tarzan, Lord of Apes. Very good American print;

- READIN' AND WRITIN' (The Little Rascals).

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 27, 2009 05:27 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just love them opticals, eh Gian?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2009 06:40 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian Luca Mario,

Learn that poem !

[Smile]

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 28, 2009 01:51 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do, Osi!
And well, Michael, the poem... Maybe. I just have to find the time, ah ah ah [Big Grin] !

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2009 05:38 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night it was another all television show. AN EYE FOR AN EYE,(Tarzan episode from 1966 with Ron Ely);THE LAST OF THE LARRABEE KID (Roy Rogers Show from 1954,referred as The Masked Bandit but no actual title on the film itself);THE OLD ACTORS' HOME Abbott and Costello Show 1952);THE LATE T.C.,1964, referred as Goodbye Top Cat ,no actual title on the film itself. Roy on std 8,all others in super.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2009 05:56 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
29th April, 2009
Horror night (according to the weather):

Dario Argento's SUSPIRIA on 8 mm.

-

--------------------

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 29, 2009 10:35 PM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You have "Suspiria" on super 8mm? (Fuming with jealousy). [Mad]

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 29, 2009 11:10 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was time for my heavily scratched and still decent color feature of "Warlords of Atlantis"

Cornball all the way!

Then a series of shorts, (actually, these were first)

Mole and the Christmas Tree
The Brave Tin Solder (1934)
The Cuckoo that Wouldn't Cuckoo (wonderful animation in the "cut out" style).

and, at the very beginning ...

"To Have and Have Not" Trailer.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted April 30, 2009 01:40 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian Luca, very cool choice! How's the print?
Did you know the Goblin were touring again? They will perform in Paris next month (I have my ticket).

Oh, and last night, just for fun, I plugged my Elmo into my Dolby processor (the one usually connected to my 35 machine). I screen my retracked super 8 print of "Hostage", the short film directed by John Woo for BMW. Boy, that was awesome! My ears are still ringing!

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 30, 2009 05:31 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Kurt and Jean-Marc, yes, I do have a copy of SUSPIRIA on super 8.

Color is good, but the source (a 35 mm. copy) was not. So the final print is not the best. But it's a very rare film to find and I'm happy anyway.

DON'T FUME, Kurt!!!! [Razz]

Jean, I knew about Goblin. So good you are going to their concert. Last year I was looking for a good print of PROFONDO ROSSO on 35 mm. I had an idea. But here in Italy it's quite impossible.

I wish you the best with your copy. And I hope you will be in a position to fix it. I have my (terrible) copy: the worst Italian movie ever released on super 8. It would be great to have a Derann quality one.

Take care.
GL

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  12  13  14  15  16  17  18  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC