8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 152)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  149  150  151  152  153  154  155  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 20, 2013 02:47 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks nice :-) One of my Elmos also show this on some titles, but is fine on the other Elmos

|  IP: Logged

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 20, 2013 02:53 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
One of my Elmos also show this on some titles, but is fine on the other Elmos
Hmmmm! Interesting. I showed this on a ST-1200. However, no other print has these lines on that projector.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 20, 2013 02:58 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most films is fine on mine too, but a few is showing this line, but the line isn't visible on the other Elmos. Maybe the gate isn't in correct position? Is there any adjustment to be done to the gate?

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 20, 2013 02:59 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not that I could see, Vidar.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 20, 2013 05:57 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched "The Beatles at Shea Stadium" a show just a little under an hour. Quite fascinating. Not only does i9t have they're concert, but it also has interviews and the opening acts on this reel. I don't know if that was part of the original release on super 8, but this was one of Fred K's prints and he does tend to surprise.

The nice thing about the print is that the color is still so good, I'd say between 7 out of 10 on one of the reels, to 8 out of 10 on the other reels and some parts that don't look faded at all. Most prints of this have been pretty darned faded.

I'd love to keep this, but I'm selling it for Fred, so it has to go, but a fun view, just the same.

Sorry, I wish I could put up some screenshots.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 20, 2013 09:54 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I saw FANASTIA 200 reel super 8 color and the BEATLES HELP trailer color sound super 8  -
 -  -
 -
 -  -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 21, 2013 12:31 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've got that original "Yellow" trailer as well Laksmi, and the neat thing is that it is different than the recent Yellow Sub" trailer that was released by CHC! Great color on that Peter pan trailer!

--------------------

Brian Hendel
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 22, 2013 10:24 PM      Profile for Brian Hendel     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right now I'm watching Derann's old 8mm color/sound rental feature print of Hammer's The Evil of Frankenstein. It's the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It's capturing everything I love about this film format - gorgeous rich color/contrast... booming sound and super sharp image. I never knew regular 8 could look this amazing. If you ever get the chance to pick one of these prints up (the color ones are quite rare) grab it. I just had to share how happy I am to have this in my collection.

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2013 12:24 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched THIS ISLAND EARTH super 8 400 reel color sound . It is a great SCIFI classic with some great effects far ahead of its time.  -
 -

--------------------
" Faster then a speeding bullet, more powerful then a Locomotive "."Look up in the sky it's a bird it's a plane it's SUPERMAN"

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 24, 2013 05:20 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Laksmi. You've got some great digests. "This Island Earth" is a good film. Would have made a good 2 or 3 400ft version too, but the one you have was if I remember well done. I only hired this one a long time ago in a film library not too far away.

Its sometimes great just to watch a few cut-downs to have a great evening.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2013 12:18 AM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I set up the RCA 416 to watch the 4 min. film I got today. Four short scenes from "Hello, Dolly!". I wonder why Ken Films never released a 400' super 8 digest.

The seller made a video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoyMOMAQ4E8

It's really faded but it's nice to have a small part. I'd love to own the complete feature on 16mm.

I also watched two condensed Walt Disney Educational Films featuring James MacArthur. "Swiss Family Robinson" and "Kidnapped". They were originally released in 1960. Both 16mm cut downs are edited well. There are lines and some splices but they both have great color and "Swiss Family" is letter-boxed.

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 25, 2013 01:07 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was fun seeing Sessue playing the head pirate in that film, most people remember him from "The Bridge Over the River Kwai" as the stubborn Japanese commander of the prison camp ...

"Be happy in your work!"

--------------------

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 25, 2013 11:16 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I love digest I wish they had one for FORBIDDEN PLANET I was in the SC-FI mood after ISLAND EARTH so I watched my feature of PLANET 4 X 600 color sound LPP super 8 Red Fox films not Derann. Fantastic color and Fox was on the reels. [  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

[ October 28, 2013, 01:03 AM: Message edited by: Laksmi Breathwaite ]

--------------------

Ernie Zahn
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 26, 2013 08:31 AM      Profile for Ernie Zahn   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got Star Wars Scope Derann, 2001 scope, and ET teaser, and Die Hard 3 trailer.

I watched reel 4 of Star Wars and it looks superb! I can't wait until my theater is set up so I can watch this properly.

--------------------
Check out the trailer for my feature length Spaghetti-style Western:

Six and Bisti

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 26, 2013 12:45 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great print, that "Forbidden planet", Laksmi! Not too many copies of that print out there these days.

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2013 04:11 AM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched an advert reel, some trailers and "Little Toot".

-

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted October 27, 2013 02:45 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We ran a few shorts last night. First off Disneys The Mad Doctor . Then Classic Home Cinema's print of the 1937 Columbia classic cartoon Hollywood Picnic , which is a really nice print. Finished up with the Blackhawk, Charley Chase two-reeler The Nickel Nurser - fantastic.
Here's a couple shots from the CHC print:

-

-

-

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 27, 2013 02:49 PM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice one Mick [Smile] [Smile]

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 01:12 AM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night still in the SC-FI mood super 8 200 reel color sound PLANET OF THE APES This is one of the best movies of with time travel and none human leaders of earth.  -  -

--------------------

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 03:58 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What did I show on Saturday. We had a mammoth session on super 8, but first a panic the GS1200 take-up was pulling the film too
much. Lucky this forum has again helped me out. Time to get the Fumeo out, bit of over kill as its the 9139 Marc, but fun anyway.

Flip the Frog in The Cuckoo Murder Case (1930)
Flip the Frog in The Music Lesson (1932) Super 8mm Sound
TEASER TRAILERS: ENFORCER, POSEIDON, BRUCE LEE and a few others
80's Adverts & Harold Lloyd World Of Comedy trailer Super 8mm film colour/b&w
Carquake from Iver a very full 400ft
Flecher Films Steam Train film "Days Of Steam" a little faded but also some of the original looked more faded.
A DCR advert reel
Aubrey's Lunch Stand Custard pie fight with sound
The girl on a cockerel Pathe Pic "Around The World"
and a couple of others too.
Followed this again with dvd "Destination Moon" and "Forbidden Planet"

Now I have a confession to make here. This is the first time in TEN years that I have watched super 8 and only re-started with 16mm a few months ago.

Must say that both super 8 projectors worked first time. The Elmo problem stems from the last service at Hamimex quite a few years ago.

Now need to win the lottery for a home cinema to have a permanent set-up. The projectors seem even heavier.

But film never seems to leave your blood does it. Its still got a special magic to it.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 28, 2013 05:09 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a few of the titles picked up at the BFCC.
The French Connection II, 400'
 -

Herbie The Love Bug, 200'
 -

Peter Pan Prisoners of the Pirates, 200'
 -

Three Little Pigs, 200'
 -

Two Minute Warning, 400' Widescreen
 -

The Treasure of the Sierra Madre, 800'
 -

-

Westworld, 3x400'
 -

Laksmi Breathwaite
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 28, 2013 11:41 PM      Profile for Laksmi Breathwaite     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Still in the SC-FI theme to night is STAR WARS DIGESTS super 8 400 digest has all the good scenes from the movie. You won't have to change all those bothersome reels. I have 5 X 400 reels of Digests with great prints with good color. I guess I saved myself a thousand and got a digest to boot of EMPIRE STRIKES BACK  -  -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Jon Byler
Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2013 05:14 PM      Profile for Jon Byler   Email Jon Byler   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wish the color held that well on all the prints!

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted October 29, 2013 05:44 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a few more from the BFCC haul
The Electric Horseman, 2x400'
 -

-

The Great Escape, 2x400' scope
 -

-

The Great Grape Ape: Flying Saucery, 200'
 -

Tom & Jerry: Jerry and Jumbo, 200'
 -

The Island, 800'
 -

-

I believe the Nikon D3200 is making them look worse, as they were quite good on screen, especially The Electric Horseman and The Island

Chris Fries
Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2013 11:01 PM      Profile for Chris Fries     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I watched my other short Disney 16mm films.

The first Walt Disney cartoon to be released in CinemaScope, "Toot, Whistle, Plunk and Boom". My copy is not 'Scope and has some lines but the color is great. Academy Award winner from 1953.

-

-

Sergei Prokofiev's "Peter and the Wolf" from the 1946 film "Make Mine Music". Narrated by Sterling Holloway. This is a patchwork print. The first quarter of the film has great color. The rest is faded.

-

-

Made after the 1978's "Child of Glass" with a different cast, Walt Disney Educational Films released the 10 min. film "The Ghost Belonged To Me" based on the Richard Peck novel. It is part of a 1979 TV special called "Once Upon a Midnight Scary" starring Vincent Price.

-

-

--------------------
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow just a dream away.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  149  150  151  152  153  154  155  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC