8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 166)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  163  164  165  166  167  168  169  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 03, 2014 12:56 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino..."An American Werewolf in London" is a classic for me. I don't have a film version, but do have the DVD. Seeing your screen caps...I have to watch it now! Thanks.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 04, 2014 02:10 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last nights Super 8 was The Sand Pebbles, 400'
 -

-

-

-

Jesse James 400'
 -

-

-

-

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 07, 2014 07:41 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had the family over for a Disney film night with Aladdin & Mary Poppins, both wonderful prints and enjoyed by all.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2014 12:44 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
a few short reels of Standard 8 tonight first up was MOTHER GOOSELAND (1924, Kodascope 200ft) followed by a somewhat non-pc FELIX SAVES THE DAY (1922, Kodascope 200ft) and then finished it off with a very short excerpt from an unknown Billy Dooley film (1925, toy film 50ft)

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 08, 2014 02:04 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar What is the print like on Jessie James I wonder if it looks like mine mainly good colour with the odd faded looking bit. I thought it was quite a good edit for Ken Films.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 08, 2014 02:40 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's a bit faded, but looks like it's even all the way. It's not as red as the Nikon D3200 thinks it is, looks better on screen

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2014 03:36 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got back from visiting Steve Osbourne in Kettering , Ohio .
You know , editor and publisher of THE REEL IMAGE .
He's got a BEAUTIFUL home theater set - up , complete with original theater seating and concession areas ! Very nicely decorated and HUGE screen with STEREO sound !
He screened MEN IN WHITE ( 3 ads for films , cars and movie production ) , JASPER AND THE WATERMELON MAN ( A George Pal Puppettoon that , by today's political standards , would be banned , in beautiful color ) ,TRAILERS of Georgio Moroder's METROPOLIS , The ORIGINAL trailer to STAR WARS and DIE HARD 4 .
DIAMONDS ARE A GIRLS BEST FRIEND followed with Jane Russell and Marilyn Monroe singing and dancing for a couple of GREAT songs in STEREO and BEAUTIFUL COLOR !
Then it was BOND in DIE ANOTHER DAY , the EXCELLENT COLOR & STEREO opening of the film , currently available for around 120.00 USD from Classic Home Cinema . I was VERY impressed !
And finally it was MY own home - edited version of JASON AND THE ARGONAUTS - THE SPECIAL EDITION ( I utilized the Derann 17 min. " Battle of Talos " , with complete opening film credits , editing in sequence the Columbia 4 - parters to make a 45 min. version ).
Next month Steve plans to do an out-door film show so bring your lawn chairs for a night of fun under the stars ! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Dave

John Capazzo
Master Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2014 09:00 PM      Profile for John Capazzo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just watched a beautiful optical sound print of the mid 80's version, LITTLE SHOP OF HORRORS thanks to Brian Hendel. No lines, clean and sharp and great sound; only about 20% color loss since it's supposed to be a dingy, urban setting. I'm not a fan of musicals, but I was in great company; didn't want to be a sour puss and enjoyed what to me the highlight of the film, Rick Moranis's, fickle, human blood eating plant! "I gave you sunlight..I gave you dirt, you gave me heartache..you gave me hurt.." Now I may just take up horticulture.

--------------------
"the image is about 30 feet ahead of us."

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 10, 2014 09:59 PM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Could not decide what to screen so l went for one of my favorites, Star Wars feature with scope trilogy trailer at the start.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2014 12:36 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John I envy you...That is one that I would kill to have...How is the soundtrack, being that it is an optical one? Is it noisy? Would hate to miss all the fun of the songs...I am like you that I am not the biggest fan of musicals but that one I love, and love all the songs...If you ever want to sell let me know.. [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 12, 2014 01:24 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Little Shop is one of my favorite musicals too. Rick Moranis was a perfect Seymour. I've always thought my son would make a good Seymour too. He did perform a duet of "Suddenly Seymour" at the "Broadway Comes to Anaheim" show a couple of years ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w0EYKl1wT8

--------------------
Janice

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2014 03:11 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino,acknowledging that my life might be in danger,I must admit that I, also, am in possession of an optical print of The Little Shop Of Horrors and that the sound is exellent,clear and without scratches [Wink]

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 12, 2014 02:47 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scope Shorts evening tonight,
Started with the 100ft promo of a Shot in the dark, then a 200 ft promo reel, starts with an ABC day set followed by The Battle of Britain promo and a long trailer to the brilliant Zulu
Both have really good colour, sound and very sharp image, (my pictures never do justice to super 8)
 -
 -
 -
 -
And I ended with part 5 to the scope feature Master and Commander.
This was a feature I was due to buy but personal circumstances at the time meant I had no choice but to pull out, this 5th reel which is the probably the best part with the big battle between the British ship lead by Captain Jack Aubrey,(Russell Crowe),and the bigger faster French ship. This part came up on a Derann list along with pt 2 which I also bought and sold on. Reel 5 stands on its own perfectly as an all action reel with an opening which gives you the understanding of what is about to happen and ends perfectly after the battles dead are buried at sea after prayers. The only thing missing is titles, it would have made a brilliant extract release. I consider myself lucky to have won this off one of Deranns lists, I expected it to have gone by the time I rang & the print is perfect & with stereo sound. Again the images here do not do it justice.
 -
 -
 -
 -

Douglas Meltzer

- posted August 12, 2014 06:24 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,

Your son has a terrific voice! What a great clip....I wish it went on till the end of the song.

I also have a copy of Little Shop, however it's a magnetic sound print. It seems a customer of Derann's asked them to sound stripe an optical print and record the audio for him. Eventually I got a hold of it.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Clay Smith
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2014 07:03 PM      Profile for Clay Smith   Email Clay Smith   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Janice,
Your son's Seymour song was great!

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 12, 2014 09:52 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for watching Doug and Clay and for the nice comments.

Doug...the video goes on to the end of the song...maybe it didn't buffer enough for you. Try again [Smile]

--------------------
Janice

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2014 06:54 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Captain America & Once upon a mouse with trailers to Troy, ID4 & Super8 along with a lamp change again in the GS1200, I've gone through two in six weeks why I've been off work recovering from my injury.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 14, 2014 07:21 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Jason! You have the bug worse than me lol. Even I can usually get around 8 weeks or more out of a lamp ha ha.

I love "Once Upon A Mouse", fantastic quick moving summary of a lot of Sir Walt and his dedicated team's finest work. It's great I find to throw it on just before screening any Disney feature.

I have had Aladdin on this morning by way of paying tribute to the genius that was Robin Williams. Still cannot believe that he has took his own life..so very very sad.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Jason Gronn
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2014 08:03 AM      Profile for Jason Gronn   Email Jason Gronn   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Andrew,
I do have the bug lol, but back to work on Monday so it will be weekend screenings from now on so it should cut the lamp usage down and a excellent film choice to remember the great Mr Williams.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 14, 2014 09:15 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Well Jason, like us all, I don't expect you would ever part with a single film that you cherish, however, should you ever fall out of love with this hobby of ours please please please (is that enough begging ha ha) consider me for your Mary Poppins print... I so regret selling back to Derann all those years ago now [Wink]

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 14, 2014 02:19 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday I viewed The Kid with the 200 IQ, Super 8 optical feature
 -

-

-

-

and also Carrie, 2x400' Derann
 -

Even if she's a bitch in this film, she is a really nice looking lady, Nancy Allen
 -

-

-

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted August 14, 2014 03:12 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Vidar, Nancy Allen was indeed a looker in her day. I have her in this and also Dressed to Kill where you get to see even more of Nancy's assets!

Oh and I nearly forgot the best of em all... Robocop. [Smile]

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 14, 2014 03:40 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
She's lovely in The Philadelphia Experiment, Blow Out and actually anything she's in :-)

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted August 15, 2014 03:01 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just got a nice collection of films and started viewing them yesterday. Here's a picture of the Ivo Caprino films, a norwegian puppet master
 -

And some cartoons
 -

So happy to finally found those Caprino's, they're pretty rare even here in Norway. And also the Disney Pluto's Christmas Tree, which looks better on the screen than here. Superb colors

Here's a small video on youtube with Caprino's work
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SayGqWsTGvA

Graham Sinden
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2014 05:34 AM      Profile for Graham Sinden   Email Graham Sinden   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A few days ago watched a few trailers and a short. All projected on the GS 800. All the trailers I watched twice.

Trailers:
Titanic (1997)
Inception
Letters from IOW jima
Super-8
True Grit
Moonwalker
King Kong (2005)
Yellow Submarine

And the short
Autobahn (halas & Batchelor) fantastic visuals and a excellent print.

Graham S

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  163  164  165  166  167  168  169  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC