8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 169)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  166  167  168  169  170  171  172  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 05, 2014 04:10 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vidar Jim Davis was in Dallas I think he played Jock the head of the family is you ever saw it.

Just finished our show for tonight. Started with a Derann Pathe News from 1952 (b/w) a good print in all respects. A Techno Bugs Bunny in 'Hare Lift' very good in all ways.

Back to Derann for another News Reel this time 1947 picture OK, but sound a little muffled. Another Techno Bugs Bunny 'Bunny Gets Boyd a bit of fade on this still good though.

The last one from Hugh a few weeks ago Westworld a very good version well edited and a good print with perhaps a little fade, but not too bad.

--------------------
I love the smell of film in the morning.

http://www.thereelimage.co.uk/

|  IP: Logged

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 06, 2014 02:14 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Might have seen him, not knowing his name ...
Here's some more pictures from that western, hope someone recognize it.
 -

Also saw the print I got from Mr. Scott and colors were nice indeed. Sorry for a bit blurry images. The Incredible Shrinking Woman 2x400'
 -

The King and I, a 400' I bought from Rake on eBay for 1.99 GBP :-) Faded, but box was nice
 -

And finally some cartoons, two 35mm Disney's and Super 8 Hook and Ladder, 400' silent (anyone have a sound edition for sale?)
 -

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 07, 2014 04:12 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now,we can be definite!. It is Rick Jason in the title role of "Joakin Murietta",episode from the STORIES OF THE CENTURY tv series.The old man is William Fawcett.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 07, 2014 04:24 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot ... Appreciated and impressed by your knowledge :-)

Luis Caramelo
Master Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2014 06:57 AM      Profile for Luis Caramelo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi!friend Vidar you got na email

regards:
luis caramelo

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 08, 2014 08:47 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks, replied :-)

Yesterdays viewings
Some cartoons (Goofy's Golden Gags, Disney's Classics Volume 1, Mickey and His Pals and some more)
 -

-

The Hindenburg, 2x400'
 -

The Jerk, 2x400'
 -

The Electric Horseman, 2x400'
 -

Herbie The Love Bug, Rides Again and Goes to Monte Carlo, 3x200'
 -

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 08, 2014 10:27 AM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Done it again. The Love Bug music is back with me. The first three I just love to watch. Love Bug

When Disney's live action were fun.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 08, 2014 11:06 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow! That "Hindenburg" is completely unfaded! Awesome! I've never seen a print of that with pristine color. That was quite a find, Vidar!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 08, 2014 02:21 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
:-) Again proves Mr. Scott has excellent quality :-)

Very happy with all the 2x400's I got

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 08, 2014 04:46 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Absolutely Vidar! Now save some for me next time ha ha [Wink]

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Andreas Chmielewski
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2014 05:45 AM      Profile for Andreas Chmielewski   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We have look:

Vera Cruz on Super 8 (Burt Lancaster and Gary Cooper)

Full lengh Acetat Print on 4 x 600 feet Reels, Prints comes from Germany, it gives only 2 pieces.

color, german sound and in Scope

Very Rare Print, nice colors and great sharp

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 10, 2014 04:13 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saw a couple of cheap 16mm ones I got at the Lakene meeting in Sweden ... Paid 5 GBP for this, and it shows why it was cheap. Splicey and faded to total red, but still, hadn't seen it so it was okay
The Comedy of Terrors
 -

Paid 15 GBP for Rolling Thunder, which I hadn't seen since it was released on VHS. Wasn't perfect, but quite okay
 -

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 10, 2014 05:04 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Vidar for the pics of COMEDY OF TERRORS . I always LOVE the Vincent Price flicks . 16MM is a format I used to have ( in the 1970's ). ROLLING THUNDER looks to be pretty good for it's age .
Please share MORE !
Dave

--------------------
Dave

David Ollerearnshaw
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 11, 2014 02:21 PM      Profile for David Ollerearnshaw   Author's Homepage   Email David Ollerearnshaw   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes hanks Vidar , Comedy Of Terrors one of my favourites. Starring some of the greats.

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 11, 2014 04:17 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today a friend and I saw a nice 80's sci-fi, Invaders From Mars. Absolutely great fun and talk about nice camera work, colors, lighting ... Super fun

-

-

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 12, 2014 02:35 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Sunday,at a friend's open air (backyard) cinema,Mel Brooks' LIFE STINKS in a glorious 35 mm print.An uneven comedy-drama,(a Preston Sturges-Frank Capra film,60 years later) and not up to a par with them.
On Wednesday,chez moi,Heckle and Jeckle in SUPER SALESMAN,where they try to sell a hair growing formula. A nice copy,slightly reddish.THE CELEBRATED ARCHIVES OF SHERLOCK HOLMES,the promo,plus the trailer, of The Private Life of Sherlock Holmes,faded to a yellowish monochrome.Unfortunately,as it includes besides a quick history of the Great Detective in literature and film,scenes of Billy Wilder directing. Top attraction of the evening,ADELE HASN'T HAD HER DINNER YET,or,NICK CARTER IN PRAGUE. An italian copy,dubbed in spanish,slightly fading,of a czech film by the great Oldrich Lipsky,who made the classic LEMONADE JOE,and a whole series of parodies of every genre,this being of course a spoof of the dime detective novels of the early twentieth century,and equally funny and inventive.All films in super 8.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 12, 2014 03:00 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Freddy's Revenge. Only seen the two first reels as I had to repair reel two with quite a lot of sprocket damage. Turned out okay
 -

-

-

-

English version, looks uncut at least

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted September 15, 2014 04:52 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a viewing in the film club on Sunday. We saw the excellent, though a little reddish print of The Goodbye Girl, 16mm ... Just love this film.
 -

-

We also saw Paradise Alley and The Jerk 2x400's, but posted those pictures just a little while ago, so skipping them now. We saw Play it Again, Sam: From Stage to Screen 200' promo and also Goofy Over Sports 400'
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted September 15, 2014 05:02 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
told you those two are a great watch Vidar, now look, twice in just over a week. A true bargain from gentleman Hugh!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Gordon Hunter
Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2014 10:25 AM      Profile for Gordon Hunter   Email Gordon Hunter   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just projected in Super 8mm silent, "The Uncovered Wagon" released in 1923. A parody of course of the "Covered Wagon". Only taken me some 35 years to give the film its second projection! Purchased from "Blackhawk" all those years ago, the print is in excellent condition.

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2014 03:20 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Scars of Dracula pt 1 0f 3x600ft Derann on Agfa stock colours still very good, but as it was a faulty print grading was off on some day for night scenes it was one I got cheap. That doesn't spoil it much. Now off to watch the rest.

David Baker
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2014 03:30 PM      Profile for David Baker   Email David Baker   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice Brian ! Once I owned a print of " SCARS " and it sounds pretty much as you describe yours . I did indeed enjoy the 3 parter though !
John C. and myself will be off this weekend to Steve Osbourne's Out side film party at THE REEL IMAGE store in Kettering , Ohio .
I'll report back with the film schedule and what is shown next week !
Really looking forward to this ; it will remind me of a " Drive - In " , in a way . [Wink]

--------------------
Dave

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 18, 2014 12:04 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just had a new backyard patio and cover built. It was a beautiful warm California night...so I set up a screen and my 16mm projector and watched a film I just received.

FEDS (1988)
VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WVNEE-CAYuE&feature=youtu.be

-
 -
 -
 -

[ September 18, 2014, 02:22 AM: Message edited by: Janice Glesser ]

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted September 18, 2014 09:14 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice, Janice!

I've dabbled in outdoor showings myself, but ran into two problems:

1) Bugs
2) Rain

-at least you have a roof over your patio: a little bug spray and you're in business.

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted September 18, 2014 07:44 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thank goodness no rain or bugs last night Steve [Smile] I'm going to work on setting up a bigger screen at some time...but for now this was easy to setup and take down. The movie FEDS was a lot of fun to watch. This was a favorite movie that me and my two sons watched in the 80's. The quality of the print and the sound was excellent.

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  166  167  168  169  170  171  172  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC