8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 17)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 17, 2009 05:56 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome from Verona as well.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 18, 2009 12:22 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And welcome from France. [Wink]

Last afternoon show on super 8:
- The Muppet Movie (Walton's superb two-parter)
I've had the 400ft version for years. I didn't know that there was a two reels digest until I bought one at the BFCC on Saturday.

Last night dvd show:
- Robin and the Seven Hoods (Sinatra, Davis, Martin & Co) - A very funny film.

[ November 06, 2010, 09:58 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2009 04:19 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Goldrake / Goldorak night:

- ORRORE NEGLI ABISSI (LE SERPENT)
- L'INSIDIA SOTTO IL LAGO (LE LAC EMBRASE)
- SOS DAL CENTRO SPAZIALE (PERIL EN LA DEMEUR)
- UN PICCOLO MOSTRO (LE MONSTRE ET L'ENFANT)

Some of the best super 8 (Avo Film) ever produced in Italy. Great colour and sound after 31 years! One of the very first Japanese 'anime' and definitively the most successfull cartoon aired in Italy at the end of the 70's (and very popular in France and Germany too! Well known in Canada as well). Always great to screen these shorts. It seems time has never passed!
Just a little bit sad because only 25/26 episodes of 74 have been released for home screening.

-

-

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2009 05:42 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It look great,i have from the same makers or some of them
the movie Remi from the book of hector Malot!
Do you see Howl's moving castle?it would be great on super8. [Smile]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2009 06:03 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeroen. REMI was popular as well here in Italy (and Spanish fans too should remember him very well). The creators were not the same: TOEI ANIMATION produced Go Nagai's GOLDRAKE/GOLDORAK and TOKYO MOVIE SHINSHA did the same with Akio Sugino's REMI.
I own the full feature (a 5*600 feet reels digest of the whole series aired here in 1979) in super 8 too. Not a great print.
I don't unfortunately know the other series you have mentioned.

Back to Hector Malot's REMI in 8 mm (filmed in 3D) I also have almost the whole Techno Film collection on 200 feet reels (each one was a 8-10 minutes digest of an episode).
14 shorts (the very first ones aired) complete this collection. I still miss 3 (really impossible to find them) I've been looking for 30 years!

The 14 Techno Film shorts are absolutely an example of excellent print. Most of them still have wonderful colour. And the sound is booming. Considering we didn't produce so many masterpieces on super 8, here in Italy, it's quite a honour to talk about the few ones we can be proud of. And this is a good example.

-

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2009 06:33 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice pic by the way,i have this movies in dutch language and it's like new.
I buy the whole colection,it is mounted on 5 reels from 600 feet each.
I don't know how much parts it has. [Smile]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2009 06:45 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen, as I was telling you the full feature (telling the whole story of Remi) is a 5-reeler edition distributed here in Italy by C.I.C. I wonder who was the Dutch distributor. I didn't know a Dutch edition too had been released (probably the same edited movie, but of course with different language). At least you are lucky your print is a good one. I told you that the Italian edition is really a poor one.

The Techno Film edition is more similar to the original TV series: while watching each episode you can listen to the narrator's voice telling the story as a book reader.

In two words: the whole series has never been released in super 8. The digest is a 5 reels film and the narrator's voice disappeared: to be complete it should be a 51 reels movie!

The Techno Film shorts are interesting because were simply produced as a digest of the the very first 14 episodes. Great prints, as I wrote before. I really would like to watch your edition. Why don't you post it on YouTube?

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2009 07:00 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have a look on it,and it is from technofilm,the one i buy it from has mount the series on reels,but i has ask him to give me some covers of it,thats why i know it is from TF.
It tells the story from Remi in Chavanon that is sell and a littlebit futher he learn some letters for school,and they hide for the rain.
I have the complete serie 51 on dvd.
If i had the time i put it on you tube.

[Wink] Jeroen.

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 18, 2009 11:29 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday May 18

DVD Projection

Paramount's D.A.R.Y.L.

I ---> WILL <--- run super 8 again very soon. I PROMISE!!!!! [Big Grin]

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2009 03:37 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Chip,super 8 is better you know that [Wink] don't run dvd it is to easy to do that.With super 8 you must do something and it's more exiting,because something can be wrong.
Super 8 is an adventure,so i promote enough for today [Big Grin]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2009 05:45 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeroen, so the 5-reeler edition you have is not the 'official' digest of the whole series (51 episodes), but the first 14 Techno Film ones spliced all together, isn't it?

Well, that's why it's an excellent print. You are lucky anyway: among them there are the 3 shorts I still miss (RE 102, RE 104 and RE 113)! LUCKY MAN! [Mad]

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2009 10:08 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No Gian,it are the shorts i know that ah ah ah,but it's like the movie.
But are there also 25 min during episodes? [Confused]

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2009 12:03 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(NOTE: This post is a reply to another post directly above. So I am posting it here likewise.)

I always enjoy running a show in my cinema, regardless what level of work there is to do to put it up on the screen.

While I do not wish to sound negative of super 8; I encourage everyone who can afford a video projector to get involved with it. Because a video projector with DVD helps us expand our collection.

A good example is this: How many of you (besides Osi) wish to have super 8 optical films in your collection. Obviously, you know how hard this can be to accomplish. Optical sound projectors that run good enough to support the format are difficult to find or repair. As for the features, most of them were airline prints. Beyond pan and scan (when scope in theaters) and mono sound, there's the color fade and edited soundtrack (as airline prints were shown on most flights, foul language has been re dubbed on certain prints). And in some cases, even screen content is removed (there is the scene in Crocodile Dundee where Linda K is squatting down to get water at a lake. As she stands up she is shown wearing a thong one piece swimsuit. This scene is cut from the super 8 print).

I have been replacing my optical prints on DVD at bargain prices when I find them in stores. For less than $10.00 I get all of the above problems gone and restored instantly.

By doing this not only can I still enjoy these same titles on my big screen, but I can offer the super 8 prints to those who are looking for them that don't have video projection.

And there's only a few optical prints I'll be selling in the near future. I won't be selling all of them because I do want to keep some of the format in my collection. And I will keep everything that is super magnetic based, scope and flat.

Otherwise I agree with everyone. Super 8 is fantastic, and I'll continue to do my part to make it stay.

Chip Gelmini

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2009 05:09 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Jeroen. Not at all. The 5-reeler version you have is the best one circulating! Take care.
GIAN

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2009 05:25 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the welcome guys.
Tonight I showed Droopy Knights and Tom & Jerry's Down Beat Bear, both 16mm and in cinemascope, to celebrate the arrival of the new scopebracket for my Bauer P7 & P6. And to finish it off the two reeler of The Incredible Shrinking Man which came in from Derann today. Accompanied by a cold beer. Oke, several cold beers. [Big Grin]

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2009 05:37 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes Peter,we drink on this forum not alone [Wink] but nice movies i see,do you have Disney features from DerAnn also? [Big Grin]

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2009 05:55 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not much Disney, just two excerpts from Cinderella.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

John W. Black
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted May 19, 2009 10:28 PM      Profile for John W. Black   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight I showed Night Caller From Outer Space.Aliens opening a go go dancer agency to find women to populate their planet!Old Reg 8 sound print

--------------------
Beat em or burn em,they go up pretty quick

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 20, 2009 12:23 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Homer Simpson mode] Mh... Aliens opening a gogo dancer agency to find women to populate their planet [/Homer Simpson mode]

Yesterday's screening on 16mm:
- Great Movie Stunts, the Making of Raiders of the Lost Ark.

Ex library print, some fade, a lot of lines, occasionnal heavy scratching and a few splices but a very enjoyable document that also allows to see the rehearsal of the Cairo Giant Swordman unshot scene.

This was also the opportunity to test a new lens assay made out of an ISCO zoom taken from a DOA Bauer T170 and fitted into a specially reworked (I had to remove a lot of metal from it with the hacksaw and Dremel) sleeve from CHC.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 21, 2009 03:51 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Super 8 show last night:
- King Kong (76) Revue edit (one 90m reel - flat / stereo)
- assorted scope trailers (King Kong 76, ID4, Broken Arrow, The Mummy, Wild Wild West, Sleeping Beauty, The Black Hole)
- Star Wars I Pod Race extract (scope / stereo)

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2009 09:15 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
J-M,

On the 2 part Muppet Movie, are there scenes that
are the same or different in both versions?

I once had, but sold my 400' Muppet Movie because
the image constantly popped focus.

Have you had the same experience with the two types of releases?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted May 21, 2009 09:59 PM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
With Kevin's invaluable help, my ST-1200HD's sound is running at correct speed again.

To celebrate, I ran Derann's condensation of "Dracula, Prince of Darkness," all on one 1200' reel (flat and a little grainy but still fun), plus a super red "SSSSSS" (great Universal 8 condensation) and "Alien," also red but a good abridgment by Ken Films.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted May 22, 2009 01:13 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, I wouldn't know as I bought a very full 600ft reel with scenes spliced in chronological order.
The Muppet Movie print is a bit grainy (like most later Walton prints), quite sharp with great colours.

Yesterday, on super 8:
- La Zizanie (French comedy with Louis de Funes, Marketing three-parter retracked into French).

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted May 22, 2009 01:51 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lights out and the stars appear on Super 8

I miss the great gerald McKee
 -

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted May 22, 2009 09:59 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A certain Star Wars film, first 24 minutes, (one 600ft reel), recorded in stereo (best damned stereo I have EVER heard on Super8)
Seeing Count Dooku (Christopher Lee) in his final light sabre battle was worth the price of admission!

Extremely sharp as well! Well worth the getting.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  14  15  16  17  18  19  20  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC