8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 176)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted February 28, 2015 05:09 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Osi, no idea. I do not know where to check and seller didn't know either. But it was an enjoyable film :-)

|  IP: Logged

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2015 04:06 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

Yesterday I got around to watching 2 prints from Ian at Perry's - feature prints of "I married a woman" - B/W scope - starring George Gobel and Diana Dors - although definitely a "B" feature - I thought it was surprisingly good - with some laugh out moments - and George Gobel, who I'd never seen before was really funny as was Diana Dors. Then I watched John Wayne in "Sands of Iwo Jima" - again a film I'd never seen before - but thoroughly enjoyed - good performances and scenes of actual battle footage gave this film a more authentic feel - all in all a good afternoon of screening - by the way - John Wayne has a small cameo role in "I married a woman".

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 01, 2015 09:25 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Had a bit of a cut down frenzy last night, all 400 footers and Walton releases, The Medusa Touch, When Eight Bells Toll(scope), The Boys From Brazil, The Man in the Iron Mask and Escape from Athena (scope) and all still excellent colour, Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 02, 2015 11:05 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Over the weekend we watched 2 recent additions to my super 8 collection [Smile]
Jungle Book
 -
 -
 -
 -
Then we watched a Sherlock Holmes, The Pearl Of Death
 -
 -

--------------------
There is a fine line between a hobby and a mental illness

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2015 10:18 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight we watched the Our Gang Love Business.
 -
 -
 -

--------------------

Ronnie Lane
Junior

- posted March 14, 2015 08:46 PM      Profile for Ronnie Lane   Email Ronnie Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just had a whirlwind tour of my Super 8 collection through my slightly improved setup- I realized a new section of wall to clear. xD
'Cinderella's Fairy Godmother' 50ft extract Black and white, 'The Dapper Dalmatian' 200ft color extract,
'Ghidrah, The Three Headed Monster', 200ft silent digest

Had a blast, and the best part of my current improvisation is the ability to watch from bed. [Big Grin] Picture is a little error in the Ghidrah subs I find humorous.

-

Yes, the subs tag Godzilla as Ghidrah. Someone was asleep at the wheel.

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted March 14, 2015 08:58 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Nice print of Jungle Book Zech. Great colour in that print, hope it's the feature you got there but those except's remind me of the 3 x 200ft WDHM & rare techno short that I have, all spliced together in the correct order.

The full feature from Derann is a superb print, one which there are both Stereo and Mono prints depending on what you requested at the time.

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

Zechariah Sporre
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 14, 2015 11:36 PM      Profile for Zechariah Sporre     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Andrew. I was fortunate enough to get the complete feature [Smile] It does have really nice color. This is one of my most prized films in my collection (especially by my 4 year old daughter).

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 19, 2015 04:43 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We saw these (some I've posted pictures of before, sorry if that annoys anyone)
King Kong, 6x400' sound and I've included the opening, as someone asked about that last time. Weird though that the different banners are so different in quality. Second picture is sooo dark
 -

Good Day for a Hanging, 400' and red, but still got some blues in the sky
 -

Scooby Doo: The Backstage Rage, 200' and with swedish dub. Sorry, must have touched the focus ring again :-/
 -

The Bible, 400' and quite washed in colour
 -

Tom & Jerry: The Flying Cat (I believe it is), 200' Film Office version
 -

W.C. Fields: Much Ado About Golf, 200' sound
 -

Ronnie Lane
Junior

- posted March 19, 2015 11:14 PM      Profile for Ronnie Lane   Email Ronnie Lane   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ran my first feature tonight- 'College' starring Buster Keaton. One of three I grabbed on eBay at roughly $20 a pop.

Print looks nice if a bit more fuzzy than it probably is since I don't have the luxury of a screen.

-

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 21, 2015 06:27 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just watched Fritz Lang's Der müde Tod (in English "Destiny" but it seems that it was released in the US Under several other titles like Between Two Worlds or Beyond the Wall). The film was on a large spool and I could Watch it without a break.

--------------------
Dominique

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted March 22, 2015 03:22 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We ran a 16mm (posted in that section) of The Apartment, a Batman episode on Super 8 called Batman Victorious
 -

Madigan, 400' Super 8
 -
 -

Pink Panther: Pink on the Cob, 200' sound Super 8
 -

Good, old Burt Reynolds in Shamus, 400' Super 8
 -
 -

Popeye in Who's Kidding Zoo? 200' Super 8 sound film
 -

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 23, 2015 12:59 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You apparently had a lot of fun Vidar!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 27, 2015 05:07 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just watched two trailers and a documentary, the three films have an English sound. The two trailers are in scope the first one is : Under The Rainbow ( turning pink but still watchable) and A Star Is Born (colours were ok). I like to Watch super 8 scope films for the technical side but the size of the picture is smaller on my screen. The documentary was The Cinderella Story (behind the scenes of the film with Richard Chamberlain and Gemma Craven). I haven't seen the fetaure but would like to see it after having watched the documentary. The film is turning pink but not equally to all scènes (the "outdoor daylight" scenes are in general better preserved, I don't know why). The Cinderella Story is about 240 meters (800 ft) and was edited by Iver Film Services, a British company I don't know.

--------------------
Dominique

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2015 11:15 AM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Of course,you do know that a two reel 29 minute condensation of THE SLIPPER AND THE ROSE is available,and is in cinemascope,too?

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted March 28, 2015 11:53 AM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we watched The Magic Box, the superb film about British cinema pioneer William Friese-Greene, played by Robert Donat. Made for the 1951 Festival of Britain it has just about every star of British cinema at that time appearing in cameo roles, the most famous being Lawrence Olivier as the policeman who witnesses moving pictures for the first time.
The Derann feature print is really superb with great saturated color.

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted March 28, 2015 12:19 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, Panayotis, I didn't know but I will try to find it. Thanks for the info.

--------------------
Dominique

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted March 28, 2015 12:34 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched my newest prints of the lads again, "The Music Box"! It really is one of the best prints Blackhawk did of this title!

--------------------

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2015 03:48 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 

[ March 28, 2015, 05:05 PM: Message edited by: Jonathan Trevithick ]

Jonathan Trevithick
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted March 28, 2015 03:49 PM      Profile for Jonathan Trevithick   Email Jonathan Trevithick   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul, I have Derann's The Magic Box, as well. A smashing print.I watched some trailers including War of the Worlds and Samson and Delilah which I spliced together with ABC Cinemas intro and some ads I just got from Jason.

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted March 31, 2015 11:30 AM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just screened the RED FOX release FRANKENSTEIN'S CAT (1942) Also NACHT DER VAMPIRE (1970) UFA 800'.  -  -  -  -

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 01, 2015 06:18 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Three Walton Films Tom & Jerry's with the Pepsi adverts spliced between them, bought second hand from a camera warehouse on a 600ft spool for £6 many years ago (must have been a trade-in). "The Truce Hurts", "Tennis Chumps" and "Cruise Cat" colour still very good and all with some balance stripe.

Also the 600ft PM Films print of Assault on Precinct 13 I mentioned in another thread , Blacks a little reddish but the red titles are very vivid still, I don't think it has got worse in the last 10-15 years, bought from Perry's Movies for £42.95 - I left the label on the box.

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 17, 2015 08:16 AM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The flu is not too fun, but yesterday I just had to have a fix with film
Saw A Corny Concerto, 200' (Thank you Mr. Sporre)
 -

Den Syvende Far i Huset, 400' Norwegian puppet movie
 -

El Hombre Y La Tierra: El Cervatillo, a 2x600' nature film
 -

The Flying Deuces, 4x400' Niles print and not very good quality
 -
 -

The Iron Mule, 13 minute film from 1925 with sound effects and music. On a 400' reel, but only just about half full
 -

The Invisible Man, 400'
 -

Mighty Joe Young, 400'
 -

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 17, 2015 12:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to hear about you're flu (we've had it on and off for the last five months as well), but what better way to pass the time than with a film screening! Great pics as always, Vidar!

--------------------

Vidar Olavesen
Film God

- posted April 17, 2015 06:09 PM      Profile for Vidar Olavesen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I would agree Osi, but my form has been so low that I just didn't manage to get myself up to view the films. Been a lot of TV series lately :-/

Hopeful that I am done now, since it started at little before Christmas with a total of three, one after the other, flu's. One was so bad, the last one, which really felt like my last one. Could not walk straight, needed something to hold myself steady. Dizzy as hell and couching up lungs. Not fun. Hope now that it's over and I can see more films again. Did another viewing today with three friends and it went okay. Pics in 16mm forum

Thanks Osi

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  173  174  175  176  177  178  179  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC