8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 196)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  193  194  195  196  197  198  199  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 17, 2016 07:16 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
And now another favourite from film & screen even if it does have to be represented here by pixels for the benefit of all to see on here!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FL87sHjXlVU&list=RDFL87sHjXlVU&index=1

Sheer cinematic magic, Never to be repeated!
ThankYou Kindly Mr Simmonds!

https://vimeo.com/92378030

What price this lot now as a cast in Piccadilly Circus or on Broadway?

Les Mis..eat your heart out!...Not in your wildest!!

--------------------
"C'mon Baggy..Get with the beat"

|  IP: Logged

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2016 02:52 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was a bit of a Disney show, Who Framed Roger Rabbit feature in stereo, nice print and again I've not seen this in a few years, followed by trailers to Beauty and the Beast stereo, Cars mono, Petes Dragon mono and Pirates of the Caribbean stereo, 200ft cartoon Mickeys Trailer. Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 20, 2016 03:24 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
A perfect nights viewing there Mark! [Wink]

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 20, 2016 11:30 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I admire you, Mark! A friend of mine has that feature (Roger rabbit) and it's an Agfa film stock print and it was absolutely beautiful!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 20, 2016 01:33 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,
I had three prints of this at one time but I sold them and kept one, it was sealed until I opened it last night so like running a brand new print, i was in two minds whether to open but seemed daft not to, .Just running a few bits lately to check conditions as i may do another stall somewhere later in the yesr, Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 20, 2016 02:05 PM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
All prints should be used and enjoyed Mark I agree.
The Derann Disney prints really are brilliant.
I love em all. [Wink]

3 prints,..wow, that really is a Roger Rabbit fan! [Wink] [Smile]

--------------------

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 22, 2016 03:23 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Test screening for my next outdoor screening recently purchased The Great Gatsby with Leo Dicaprio. Excellent film and soundtrack. Looks stunning on the big screen [Wink]

Phillip R Campey
Expert Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2016 08:43 AM      Profile for Phillip R Campey     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It was a nice evening on Saturday night so we had another outdoor picture show, Peter Pan 16mm LPP print, looked great on the big screen.
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Andrew Woodcock
Film God

- posted July 30, 2016 09:09 AM      Profile for Andrew Woodcock         Edit/Delete Post 
Simply outstanding print quality there Phillip! [Smile]

Certainly no Dupes on display there, that's for sure! [Wink]

--------------------

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2016 06:56 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I short Derann 'Scope evening. I started with Winter Jamboree colour good, but from an indifferent master and low sound. I followed that with the Big Parade 150ft sequence from Hello Dolly (I am missing this reel from the feature, this reel has some opening titles and closing credits) great picture on Agfa, I won't comment of the sound as I hadn't turned down from the previous reel and it was LOUD. I lowered the volume for the final one the motor cycle/truck chase from Terminator II equally good colour and great sound though a few white splices fro the master again an Agfa print.

No pictures, I was too busy watching.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 04, 2016 09:14 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last month I got two prints of Sunday River Productions prints of the Norfolk and Western Railroad operating in Virginia coal country in the 1950s and I watched them last night.

They are great prints in wonderful shape. I have a feeling the source footage was 16mm Kodachrome and they are beautiful. It is obviously amateur footage: every so often there is an orange overexposure on one edge of frame from a little unintended light getting at the film.

Even if you set aside the trains, these are like a window into day to day life in 1950s small town America: the clothes, the cars, people still traveling by passenger train in the first place.

There you have 1950s people standing on the platform waiting for their train to pull in. The man is wearing suit and tie, The woman is in a dress. They both have hats on. They are about to take a journey in a smoky, sooty, coal-dusted vehicle and they are better dressed than I am at most job interviews!

It looks a little high maintenance to me, but I have a feeling they'd think we're slobs!

[ August 04, 2016, 10:18 AM: Message edited by: Steve Klare ]

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Michael Lattavo
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 04, 2016 11:01 AM      Profile for Michael Lattavo     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That sounds pretty cool Steve, I love seeing real people from the 50's - are you planning to share it in October?

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 04, 2016 11:18 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I might,

The only thing wrong about this for general audiences it is silent: this could push it out of prime-time to say the least!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 08, 2016 12:33 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We just watched "Silver Dream Racer" (400ft scope Derann) last night. I had completely forgotten that it was in our collection. In my opinion, this was a case of a digest being MUCH better than the full feature, (I'm sure that there are other opinions, of course, and I respect thiers as well),
and this was a very nice LONG 400ft release, (almost coming to the very edge of the 400ft reel, probably about 21 or so minutes.

We also watched the scope cartoons ...

Bearly Asleep (Disney/Donald)
Bar B. Cue Brawl (M.G.M. Tom and Jerry)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted August 10, 2016 04:31 PM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched my 3x-400 set of the Tom Mix silent classic of The Great K & A Train Robbery (1926).

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted August 14, 2016 03:09 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight i put up one of my most projected 3 x 400 footer, the Warriors from marketing, still holding up very well with only a slight trace of fade still, last shown a couple of years ago and it still looks great on the big screen.If only i could finfd an odd part one of the full feature or a decent colur full length on 16 at the right price. (i dont want much do i?
[Big Grin] [Wink] )
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2016 03:23 AM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The MGM 2x400ft of songs from Singin' in the Rain (no plot at all) that I bought from Phil in the 4 for £25 bargain bin at his sale weekend. Slightly brown blacks but otherwise as good colour as any of these MGMs. Strangely the last song (Lucky Star) looked even better with fully black blacks.

[ August 17, 2016, 03:13 AM: Message edited by: Brian Fretwell ]

David Skillern
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2016 04:40 AM      Profile for David Skillern   Email David Skillern   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,

last night an outdoor screening - a selection of Hammer trailers and lipsmackin pepsi cola and PG tips adverts, the 400ft of Eric Morecambe and Ernie Wise in That Riveria Touch and finishing off with the full feature of the classic B/W comedy - I Married a Witch with Veronica Lake and Frederic March

Joe Vannicola
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 16, 2016 11:54 PM      Profile for Joe Vannicola   Email Joe Vannicola   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight my girlfriend and I watched my 16mm print of Invasion Of The Saucermen, the classic cartoon Coal Black And De Sebben Dwarves, one of my horror/science-fiction trailer reels and a Polly Moran short titled Oh Duchess. As soon as the weather cools down a bit I'll be having outdoor showings. [Smile]

--------------------
Joe

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2016 10:01 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was a bit of a tribute night with the anniversary of Elvis' death, can you believe it was 39 years ago? Trailers first were Easy Come Easy Go, G.I Blues, Girl Happy,Double Trouble and Viva Las Vegas followed by a 400ft Paradise Hawaiian Style and 400ft Roustabout then the last 600ft of the Elvis on Tour feature, Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Brian Fretwell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2016 03:34 PM      Profile for Brian Fretwell   Email Brian Fretwell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm still working my way through the CHC sale purchases, now only one to go but watched Calamity Jane Derann full feature on low fade stock, time went faster than I thought it would.

-
 -
 -

Good picture quality scratch on reels 1 & 3, but at the screen mask area so easily hidden. I assume this was a print shown on 2 machines with crossovers as the box has cue lines written on it for preparing the projectionist. There were a couple of what looked like faults from the 3 strip to colour negative conversion, which I assume all prints pre-digital combination had, an occasional colour split fringing for a second and the red flowers painted on Calamity's door "floating" between the green stems. But it shows how good the print was that this was noticeable.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2016 07:48 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched the 1x600ft Derann cutdown of The Neverending Story.This is one of those Derann releases that really shows scope at its best on 8mm film.

-

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted August 27, 2016 11:30 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice color and detail Jason. Outstanding for scope.

Jason Smith
Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2016 09:40 PM      Profile for Jason Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Alan, I was really amazed by the third picture in the collage that I posted. The detail in the creature was amazing on my scope screen.

Last night I watched a few prints that I just acquired.

Close Encounters of the Third Kind(400ft Japanese digest)
Pinnochio(Derann trailer)
Our Gang "Love Business"(Blackhawk 400ft)

The CETK print had faded slightly purple since it's on Fujifilm but it was still enjoyable. The pinnochio trailer was a joy to see. I would love to find the Derann feature.

I really enjoyed watching Our Gang. This was my first Blackhawk I have ever bought and now I find myself wanting to collect all of "Our Gang".

-

Evan Samaras
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 30, 2016 10:01 PM      Profile for Evan Samaras   Author's Homepage   Email Evan Samaras   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jason, that Neverending Story print looks great! I am on the lookout for one myself, and your screenshots only make me want it more!

--------------------
...When there's no more room in hell, the dead will walk the Earth...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  193  194  195  196  197  198  199  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC