8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 220)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2019 02:50 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Since someone mentioned silence of the lamb's then I guess I might serve up the Armenian pizza Lamejune but then again that's the way my twisted mind works sometimes ......

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Clark
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2019 05:28 AM      Profile for Kevin Clark     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A nice pot of tea whilst watching Arsenic And Old Lace should do the trick!

Kevin

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 19, 2019 07:00 AM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you put that one up first Kevin. [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
When Brother comes around on a Thursday we have our tea, (or dinner as some people call it [Big Grin] ), then it's kettle on and we take our cups of tea to the film room with a biccy or two or three. [Wink]

BTW, last night was Star Trek the motion picture one last time.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 19, 2019 09:24 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Running a few films to check them for condition etc,watched Die Hard 2 and Those Magnificent Men in Thier Flying Machines features over the last two days,great scope prints,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted January 19, 2019 08:17 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A silent film, The Block Signal, a standard/regular 8 version mounted on a 240mt/800ft spool.

--------------------
Dominique

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2019 03:55 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This evening's viewing was quite varied.

1) The Immigrant - Charlie Chaplin 1x 200' (sound)

2) The Champ - Charlie Chaplin 1x 200' (sound)(Both Walton's)

3) Match of The Century from "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" - 1x 200'

4) Winnie The Pooh and Tigger Too - 1x 200'

5) Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid - 1x 400'

6) The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 1x 400' (Why, oh why, oh why was this never released full length?)

The previous Saturday's show was Laurel and Hardy in "Live Ghost" followed by the full length feature of "Showboat" and, yes,Lee Mannering if you are reading this, this is the copy I bought from you several Blackpool's ago and let me tell you, the colour is still as good as the day it was printed. A stunning copy.

--------------------
"My name is for my friends!"

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 26, 2019 03:56 PM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This evening's viewing was quite varied.

1) The Immigrant - Charlie Chaplin 1x 200' (sound)

2) The Champ - Charlie Chaplin 1x 200' (sound)(Both Walton's)

3) Match of The Century from "Bedknobs and Broomsticks" - 1x 200'

4) Winnie The Pooh and Tigger Too - 1x 200'

5) Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid - 1x 400'

6) The Rocky Horror Picture Show - 1x 400' (Why, oh why, oh why was this never released full length?)

The previous Saturday's show was Laurel and Hardy in "Live Ghost" followed by the full length feature of "Showboat" and, yes,Lee Mannering if you are reading this, this is the copy I bought from you several Blackpool's ago and let me tell you, the colour is still as good as the day it was printed. A stunning copy.

--------------------

Tom Photiou
Film God

- posted January 26, 2019 04:09 PM      Profile for Tom Photiou     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I also enjoy the variety shows Melvin. We often do an evening where we simply choose three or four shorts of various films and themes. [Wink]
I was hoping for a 3 x 400 version of Rocky Horror. The 400ft version is quite well put together but still too short. A great fun movie.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 30, 2019 12:19 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night feature "The Fallen Idol" 1948 nice b/w print with good sound.
 -
 -
 -

Alan Gouger
Master Film Handler

- posted January 31, 2019 02:51 PM      Profile for Alan Gouger     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks like a nice quality print Graham. I love the old B&W movies but most on S8 are hit and miss being over processed with the contrast blown out. It's nice to see a good one once in a while.

Graham Ritchie
Film God

- posted January 31, 2019 06:21 PM      Profile for Graham Ritchie   Email Graham Ritchie   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Alan

Another b/w print I will screen very soon I remember in similar condition, was Great Expectations 1946. Although its been a good ten years, I do hope its still the same as I remember it [Smile]

One film that looked great to begin with during the first reel, was "Its a Wonderful Life" after that reel it turned out to be as you described, shame really as it started out really good. These b/w film are certainly hit and miss [Smile]

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 01, 2019 10:10 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fri Feb 1
Super 8 Scope
George Gobel & Diana Dors
"I Married A Woman "

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 02, 2019 06:12 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Acted with Diana back in the 70's a truly wonderful person Chip.

Poseidon Adventure for me a good show last night along with Dumbo.

Janice Glesser
Film Goddess

- posted February 03, 2019 12:54 AM      Profile for Janice Glesser     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Fired up my Elmo 1200HD tonight and had a lot of fun watching "The Flight of the Phoenix" 400ft digest..."Singin' in the Rain" 800ft digest of musical numbers...and "Top Flat" 400ft 1935 short with Thelma Todd and Patsy Kelly. It was a nice variety. [Smile]

-

--------------------
Janice

"I'm having a very good day!"
Richard Dreyfuss - Let It Ride (1989).

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2019 04:08 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Janice enjoyed a super 8 Saturday night.... so did I ! Not at the same time, of course, I think we are 7 hours ahead, but you know what I mean!

My Saturday night was an "Elvis" night.

Tickle Me 4x400' - Derann print (with logo) which still has good colour but, oh dear, emulsion scratches and a few ordinary ones for the first reel, including strained sprocket holes. The rest was an improvement.

Fun in Acapulco 1x 400' - What a fantastic edit. I felt as if I had watched a complete film. Not only that, the colour was spot on, as was the sound, and not a single scratch. Slipped through the Sankyo 700 like a dream.

Change of Habit 1x 400' - Good film which has suffered from "Universal 8 Syndrome." In other words, is going pink. Pity as the sound is good and,once again, no scratches.

Did anyone else on the planet do the same thing last night?

--------------------

Melvin England
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2019 04:13 AM      Profile for Melvin England     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As Janice enjoyed a super 8 Saturday night.... so did I ! Not at the same time, of course, I think we are 7 hours ahead, but you know what I mean!

My Saturday night was an "Elvis" night.

Tickle Me 4x400' - Derann print (with logo) which still has good colour but, oh dear, emulsion scratches and a few ordinary ones for the first reel, including strained sprocket holes. The rest was an improvement.

Fun in Acapulco 1x 400' - What a fantastic edit. I felt as if I had watched a complete film. Not only that, the colour was spot on, as was the sound, and not a single scratch. Slipped through the Sankyo 700 like a dream.

Change of Habit 1x 400' - Good film which has suffered from "Universal 8 Syndrome." In other words, is going pink. Pity as the sound is good and,once again, no scratches.

Did anyone else on the planet do the same thing last night?

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2019 07:11 AM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I watched Brian DePalma’s OBSESSION last night on 16mm. I also have the feature on super 8.

Janice...Flight of the Phoenix is a good one. I don’t have a copy but I have seen the digest, just love Jimmy Stewart.

Melvin...I really enjoy Elvis too, I have the 4x400 Derann Tickle Me but have not screened it yet. I have most of the 400’ Elvis digests and they all have good color at least they did the last time I watched them. I may have to have an Elvis night as well! [Smile]

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 03, 2019 09:20 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like a great night there Melvin, my Tickle Me is in lovely order,Change of Habit has great colour but my Fun in Acapulco has faded(first film I ever bought too) can't win them all,ha ha,Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Lee Mannering
Film God

- posted February 04, 2019 06:18 AM      Profile for Lee Mannering     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
400ft Poseidon Adventure
2X400 Scope Raise the Titanic
400ft Mummys Shroud
All good fun.

-

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2019 03:05 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Our Relations
Laurel & Hardy
Super 8 Sound

February 7. 2019

A matinee on my big screen for a change!

Obviously evenings are best. Room daylight was OK.

Leon Norris
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2019 04:10 PM      Profile for Leon Norris   Email Leon Norris   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My film show was last night. I ran all Laurel and Hardy movies! The titles were . The chimp, pardon us, Below zero, They go boom, and chickens come home! The crowd loved them!

Rik Jackman
Junior

- posted February 07, 2019 05:08 PM      Profile for Rik Jackman   Email Rik Jackman   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we ran the 400' digest of Escape To Victory featuring the legendary #6 Bobby Moore

Carter Bradley
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2019 05:12 AM      Profile for Carter Bradley     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Saturday night I hosted a Disney night with my "film club." We enjoyed "Once Upon A Mouse" (600'), then many 400' reels of Disney classics. In each case I have combined the two available Disney digests plus the theatrical trailer, and in the case of "Peter Pan" I also added the 50' sampler reel (which includes the "You Can Fly" sequence). Featured titles were "Peter Pan," "Bedknobs and Broomsticks," "The Sword in the Stone," "The Rescuers," "Robin Hood," "The Fox and the Hound," "101 Dalmations," and "Lady and the Tramp." Then we enjoyed a 600' reel of "Mary Poppins" featuring "The Super Nanny" and "Jolly Holliday" digests plus scenes from the 300' Piccolo German language combined. We all agreed that Dick Van Dyke was truly amazing in this film, since he sings, dances, and speaks German. Lol.

Dominique De Bast
Film God

- posted February 08, 2019 05:10 PM      Profile for Dominique De Bast   Email Dominique De Bast   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Judith Of Bethulia (Griffith, 1914), mounted on a 240m/800ft spool. I used my Heurtier (excellent French make, not very famous in the UK and in the US, it seems). The lens on the projetor is not the original one, it's a 1.6 Eumig. I tried another Eumig (1.2) but it didn't work (while it does on Eumig projectors).

--------------------
Dominique

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 08, 2019 10:28 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to celebrate it being Friday!

All Super-8

-Bugs Bunny: What's Opera, Doc?
-Laurel and Hardy: the Music Box
-The King and I, 400 Foot Digest

Kill the Wabbit, Kill the Wabbit!!!

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  217  218  219  220  221  222  223  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC