8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 27)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2009 12:06 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Mark,did you watch it on one spool,or did you change the spools!it are shorts so it is more work! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 23, 2009 01:14 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday show a la fresca: "Kiss meets the Phantom of the Park". Bad and silly, but I still have a soft spot for the band and the film shows good views of Magic Mountain.

[ November 06, 2010, 10:07 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2009 02:04 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeroen,I watched them one at a time,i've only just got them back again after selling them a year ago,I've re-recorded the sound on all of them and they look and sound superb!! Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 23, 2009 03:10 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay,thanks nice to hear that you re-record the sound! [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2009 02:19 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc - Really? Kiss meets the phantom of the Park? where do you get all of these amazing prints? I am so jealous. Just don't tell me if you have attack of the 50ft woman on 35......

I watched the Movie Milestones vol 1 (Walton films) short on reg 8 tonight.... thanks Jean-Christophe....I wish there was more of the Miracle Man w/ Lon Chaney.
Does anyone know if the blackhawk or walton version of this short is better quality? The walton one look pretty good

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2009 02:26 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great shots, Dino.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2009 05:08 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last nights showing Sylvester Stallone in Rocky, 16mm feature...Mark

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 24, 2009 06:43 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! When we get up to the 666'th post on this subject, someday state that they are watching some sort of Horror film!

Horror film ... 666 ... get it?

Well, I think its a cool idea!

HEY!! Anybody have one of the Omen films? PERFECT!!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2009 07:00 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It won't take so long to get to 666. Uhm... [Eek!]

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 24, 2009 11:29 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mark,

A 16mm of Rocky.

Very nice. I find that is a tough one to locate.

Describe the stock of yours please?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2009 02:24 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight my wife and I watched a warner brothers programmer on 16mm called Wings of the Navy (1939)it was a decent little patriotic melodrama, with enough old school innocent humor to keep it from getting too heavy... Tomorrow night i'll be projecting some silent films under the stars in Echo Park as part of the Edendale 100 years celebration..Should be fun..

-

--------------------

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2009 02:29 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last nights showing was Breaker Morant starring Edward Woodward on 16mm.Hi Michael the Rocky feature is Eastman And Agfa film stock,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 25, 2009 06:58 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino: no I don't have Attack of the 5Oft Woman. But I'm still amazed at the titles I'm being offered for trade or sell on a daily basis.

Last night show: "The Grass is Greener", great scope Technicolor print.

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 25, 2009 02:56 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Prompted by Dino's showing last week,yesterday I dug out another Benedict Bogeaus/Alan Dwann color western of the fifties,SILVER LODE,with,again, John Payne,Lisabeth Scott and Dan Duryea.A most interesting title.On the same program,TEXAS TOM and the Ben Turpin classic YUCON JAKE.
Today,just finished TARZAN'S REVENGE,with Glenn Morris,along with NATURE IN THE WRONG,A funny, bizzare comedy where Charley Chase finds out he is a descendant of Tarzan!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2009 01:49 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh Panayotis I love those Dwann westerns, and Yukon Jake is one of my favorites. For years I only had one reel of it on 16mm, but recently got a beautiful full 2 reel copy on 9.5mm.

Tonight was a special outdoor screening at the Echo Park Lake. It was done by the Echo Park Film Center in conjunction with the Echo Park Historical Society to celebrate the 100 year anniversary of Edendale (which is what the area of Echo Park was called back in the silent film days). We screened (all on 16mm) films that were made in the area, and there were around 150-200 folks there to watch .. Some Keystone comedies with Mabel and Charlie Making a Living (1914), Mabel's Married Life (1914), Barney Oldfield's Race for Life (1913), but then came a highlight the Mabel Normand/Keystone Kops film A Muddy Romance (1913). This one was shot right at the lake where we were, and everyone got a kick out of seeing it get drained. Afterwards we all shuddered at the thought of what they might find if they drained it today. Next came an ultra rare Harold Lloyd Lonesome Luke short called The Cinema Director(1916) which features Luke as the box office/ticket taker/usher and security guy at a local theatre. The whole time Snub Pollard plays the irresponsible projectionist, and Bebe Daniels as the girl of Luke's desire. We finished the evening off with the Tom Mix film The Law and the Outlaw[1913/1922] from Selig Polyscope company who were the first to set up shop in Edendale. This was the 3 reel version from 1922. It was a very fun night and we had live musical accompaniment from local musicians. 6 movies/ 6 different bands...It was a blast and hopefully i'll get a few pictures to post as I was too busy running the projection.

--------------------

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2009 01:32 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For diehard completitionists,it is possible to make more complete copies of several silent comedies,if you have the chance.My std 8 copy of YUCON JAKE is composed mainly from the Blackhawk version with additions from the Film Office one.Pictorial quality of both is equally exellent,but,Blackhawk is edited differently and wrongly with scenes out of order.So I sat down,several years ago,and put "my" copy in the proper order. Also,bearing in mind (and feeling ashamed to admit) that "Blackhawk copies weren't always the best or most complete",although of course most of the time they were,I found out on several Chaplin comedies that Walton's and FO's copies were always exellent and although edited to a uniform length and therefore missing a few minutes,often include scenes not in Bhawk.THE COUNT and A NIGHT OUT are two that come to my mind.
Bhawk's ONE A.M. is only one and a half reels long,and rather contrasty.So,if one has the patience and can track down copies,here's work for you....
And since I am in the mood,and if you didn't know,the one reelers THE CAMERA KID and THE HOLLYWOOD KID are reels one and two of THE HOLLYWOOD KID. JOYRIDERS and LOVE IN A POLICE STATION,edited properly, form about a 14 minute version of LOVE IN A POLICE STATION, which I don't know if it has been released complete by Bhawk. This one is a curiosity as each copy includes in several occasions half of a scene (!),the rest of which is included in the other copy (!!),and they both manage to tell the story !!!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted July 26, 2009 02:22 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In honor of post number 666 on this series of posts, we will be screening, yet again, (can we ever watch it enough?) ...

Vampyr standard 8mm feature!

Alien (scope/stereo, Derann) feature!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2009 05:08 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
26th June 2009, Sunday

Sunday night super 8 screening (shorts, trailers and excerpts).

THE PROGRAMME in CINEMASCOPE

- THE ROBE (trailer);
- THERE'S NO BUSINESS LIKE SHOW BUSINESS (trailer)
- REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE (trailer)
- A FISTFULL OF DOLLARS (trailer)
- SIGNS (trailer)
- KING KONG (trailer)
- SUMMER NIGHTS (excerpt from GREASE);
- THE BATTLE OF GERMANIA (excerpt from GLADIATOR);
- THE REVELATION (excerpt from STAR WARS episode III - THE REVENGE OF THE SITH).

To complete the show:

- Disney's DINOSAUR promo;
- Hitchcock's PSYCHO promo.

Some shots as usual:

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Projector used: Elmo GS 1200 #2;
Elmo 1,1;
Sankor 16F Anamorphic Lens.

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2009 05:17 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful pics,i think you have enjoy it!or not?
Maby next week i can post mine,i only have Disney's
other movies i don't have. [Wink]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2009 05:25 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, my dear friend. I had some trubles to upload them, tonight. Maybe the computer needs to go on holidays. We wait for your shots, Jeroen!

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2009 06:27 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Next week the mermaid or Cinderella,
or both!
and then i make good pics [Wink]

You know what i mean!

sleep well!

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted July 26, 2009 11:54 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think my theme for tonight turned out to be 16, faded and dupey, hehe

First was a buddy cop feature called BUSTING (1974) with Elliot Gould and Robert Blake as vice cops out to bust the city kingpin. Original print but on Eastman that is turning.

Next was a romantic early sound drama THE LADY REFUSES (1931) where Betty Compson plays a down on her luck lady with a good heart. A fairly obscure film unfortunately the print was a bad Thunderbird dupe from a C&C Movietime print so there must be better prints out there.

Last was the worst quality, and odd Killiam short with clips from silent films and his "Hey there's Mary...what's She up to?" type voice over....It had some clips from obscure films like The Christian (1914) the first Vitagraph feature (I've included a picture of Earle Williams from it)and others.

-

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2009 05:12 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last Saturdayevening,i have watched-------->
The super nanny,Mary Poppins 200ft.
Peter Pan 3x600ft.
Once upon a dream 200ft

All in super8 and in great condition. [Big Grin]

[ July 31, 2009, 08:53 AM: Message edited by: Jeroen van Ooijen ]

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted July 27, 2009 06:21 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight it was Billy Wilder's Sabrina on 16mm. Audrey and Bogart, can't go wrong, and a nice print too.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted July 28, 2009 05:04 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The indoor cinema I'm building here in Provence is now operational, although not quite finished. It now sits 6 and we still have 12 extra seats to install. Pics of work in progress next week.

We had an inaugural screening yesterday with my superb LPP scope 16mm print of "The Empire Strikes Back".

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  24  25  26  27  28  29  30  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC