8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 30)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted August 11, 2009 01:28 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night on 16mm:
"Tintin and Red Rackham's Treasure" (animated TV show from 1961)

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

|  IP: Logged

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2009 10:28 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
11th August 2009
Tuesday evening super 8 test screening:

Disney's FANTASIA (yes, once more!).

Italian ex print for rental (on Eastman...) edited by joining the nice introduction about different kinds of music (Derann issue: it won't be so difficult to understand the main shots I have posted are taken from this segment released by Derann) and substituting the SORCERER'S APPRENTICE sequence with Walt Disney Home Movies one.

Wears and lines are present; I'm actually waiting for other segments by Derann to 'restaure' the full feature.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Silma Alfa 06 - Schneider Xenovaron 1,1

[ August 11, 2009, 12:35 PM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2009 12:06 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last nights film was a super 8 print of Grease,re-recorded in Stereo so those tunes really sound great now...Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2009 12:46 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful pictures Gian [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2009 12:56 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If only. Thanks Jeroen.

--------------------

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2009 01:29 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,

you need to say me how to take pictures like you do...
I'm only able to get with NIkon Coolpix ALWAYS OUT OF FOCUS and RED pictures? [Frown]
WHYYYY ???? [Confused]
How do do you set your camera to get pictures like the one you show here? [Eek!]

Flavio

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2009 03:06 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Flavio.

Consider I take a lot of pictures while screening and then I select the best ones in a second moment.
About focus: of corse a lot of shots I take are out of focus.
I simply do my best to 'catch' frames not so much in movement.
Let's say that to post a shot I take at least 6!

I set my digital camera this way:

- ISO on 'automatic';
- RESOLUTION MODE on 'high' (I reduce the size before uploading the images on the forum);
- WHITE BALANCE on automatic;

That's all. Try and try again. As I wrote before, to post 8 shots I normally take at least 25/30!

Hope this will help. All the best.
GIAN

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 11, 2009 03:19 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
ALWAYS OUT OF FOCUS and RED pictures?
Flavio,

Out of focus is caused by your Auto Focus (AF) setting. Remember the AF setting works based on number of lights. Because during the show the object is always moving and the number of lights is also changing from time to time, the AF got "confused". So to deal with this you have to set the camera to manual focus. You have to put one target on screen and get manually focus with that target.

The redness appears on the picture is caused by your indoor camera setting (fluorescent). So the camera balances it with red. This can be also because you set the camera to "auto". Projector is using incandescent light (basically red-hot). So you have to set your camera also in manual setting (or "daylight") .

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Flavio Stabile
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2009 05:04 PM      Profile for Flavio Stabile     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian, thanks for your suggestion!

Winbert, thanks for your useful explanation! I have another doubt related to exposure timing... Do I need to reduce it as much as possible in order to avoid also focus issues or it is not important?

Flavio

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted August 11, 2009 05:11 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Gian!

Can I have your old Fantasia footage?

[Big Grin]

OSI

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2009 05:18 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I will soon (at least I hope) replace the old ones with the Derann prints.
Do you really want them? I mean, condition is not so good and on Eastman ( [Frown] ).
But if you do, they're yours.
Before, I'd like you to have an idea about the print.
I will PM you immediately attaching some extra shots.
No money required, of course. It's a gift.

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2009 05:19 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight it was 16mm Popeye meets Ali Baba and the Forty Thieves, and a couple of episodes of the classic Czech children's animation Krtek (Mole) Wikipedia: Krtek

-

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 11, 2009 06:29 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A very nice 16mm print of Cadillac Man starring Robin Williams,has to be the best sound i've heard on a 16mm print as well...Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2009 03:45 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight my wife and I will view my latest acquisition: The Incredible Shrinking Man, 400 ft sound. I just got it in the mail today and it needs no work before I run it. That is, the leader is in perfect shape and plenty long.

This 1957 film is apparently a great movie, according to reviews on Amazon. This digest may spoil it for me, but I think I'll have to see the whole film on DVD after this primer.

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 12, 2009 04:16 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John-

Congradulations- its a great 17 minute digest!

The full feature is very good too, and I do recommend you watch it at some point. But this 400 footer does a good job of telling the story, and retains some of the movie's atmosphere.

James.

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2009 09:02 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You're right, James. It's a great digest, I loved it! Now I'll have to hunt down a rental copy of the movie so I can see the whole thing.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 13, 2009 06:05 PM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last nights viewing was 16mm prints of Easter Parade & African Queen,Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2009 01:33 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday- had a good scope show for my nephews and nieces (age 6-14):

-Reel #2 of the "Sound of Music" 3-part digest (note: This is an excellent reel, as it contains many of the best song numbers, including- "Do Re Mi", "The Lowly Goat", and "So Long, Farwell".

-"Bar-B-Que Brawl" (scope Tom and Jerry)

- A few scope home-movies (some of which they were in [Wink] ).

A well-enjoyed show, and some of them asked "Can we see [Sound of Music] again?"

James.

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2009 03:14 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi everyone,

Wednesday, it was Texas Chainsaw Massacre, super 8, 4x400ft.

Yesterday, another style: Battle of britain, 16mm.

Movie on the big screen... What else!

JC.

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted August 14, 2009 10:40 PM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Stan Laurel and Oliver Hardy in "The Music Box" (1932)

Blackhawk 2x400' mounted on a single 800' reel.

Mighty oaks from little acorns grow

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted August 15, 2009 12:15 AM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Aug, 14th line up: 3 previews in black and white all from 1955. Cartoon entitled "Boat Builders" Disney 1938 LPP. Feature "Jeremiah Johnson". All 16mm. An audience of five. Snacks: Raisinettes, Peach Cobbler, cokes and coffee.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 15, 2009 01:19 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Christophe how is the color on Texas Chainsaw Massacre? I love that film....

and Dan....... sounds fun and yummy [Smile] ........

Tonight I finally was able to sneak in a screening of a couple of 9.5 shorts...
The first was a western called OUT WEST which is the Pathescope title for an old Vitagraph feature Pioneer Trails (1923) It stars Alice Calhoun (Whom I'll call The Vitagraph girl,cuz she spent most of her career there hehe)and Cullen Landis a long time silent western player. The story was decent even in the cutdown and had some nice action scenes.
I preceded it by watching another Pathescope called Do Your Stuff also from 1923, this comedy features Paul Parrot, Jobyna Ralston & George Rowe in a farce where a donkey creates all sorts of havoc for Paul.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted August 17, 2009 04:10 AM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched the Derann Disney release The Hunchback of Notredame. I had forgotten what a great print this is. Colours are rich and it is so sharp. Yet another great job done by Derann. It really looked great on the GS Xenon with its 1.0 lens.

Anyway the print will be on its way to Jeroen soon. At long last he is probably thinking [Smile]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted August 17, 2009 04:39 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nooooooow i don''t think that [Wink] i know the reason Kev,
i hope you enjoy the movie for the last time,or do you have it on dvd? [Smile]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted August 17, 2009 06:16 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dan,

JEREMIAH JOHNSON is a wonderful film. What sort of condition is your print? Is it Tech?
I'm envious.

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  27  28  29  30  31  32  33  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC