8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 34)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted September 13, 2009 02:37 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again, Dino - ENVIOUS!!

|  IP: Logged

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2009 04:39 AM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
.........well,thought Alexadre Nevsky should be enough to convince you to vote communist Takh,next time let's show Eisenstein's 'Oktober' & cheer the glory of the Bolshevik cou--eh,mean, 'Revolution'!! [Razz]

--------------------
Yannis

David Kilderry
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2009 05:57 AM      Profile for David Kilderry   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know, I still think they are one of the best two reel version cut-downs ever made; I'm talking about The Jolson Story and Jolson Sings Again.

Ran them today and the editing is spot-on. I think it is one of the only times that the commentary is not intrusive, but actually informative in holding the whole story together. Larry Parks made Jolson a much more likeable character and it is because of these films that he has the persona we know today.

With Sining In The Rain and Grease, The Jolsons are my favourite Super 8 musicals.

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2009 01:39 PM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You are so correct, David, the Jolsons are great digests. I had them for years and enjoyed them until I acquired both features in 16mm IB Tech. I never tire of watching those films.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 13, 2009 05:20 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino
Claus is right.About 22fps was the average speed in the twenties.
Liked this "library thing".I may do it sometime,when I find the time! I too collect collectors' magazines.They are invaluable research tools.That was why 8MM/CLASSIC FILM COLLECTOR was called "The film collector's bible". Also have runs of many others from that golden age of the seventies/eighties when 8mm review magazines were monthly!! In fact, I had written an article on them for the SILVER SCREEN MAGAZINE years ago.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 15, 2009 05:31 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
17th September 2009, Tuesday

Super 8 SCOPE screening night.
Finally...
TITANIC.

-
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Projector used: Elmo GS 1200 #2; Sankor 16C on Elmo 1.0

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 16, 2009 05:17 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow, I´m envious.
This was the only feature I watch it with my wife together twice in cinema.
As a film collector it is normal to watch a movie more than once but not for my wife.

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2009 02:34 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On Monday we watched the second series of Nazi newsreels,in super 8,from the collection of the aforementioned historian,plus an excellent 35mm copy of VENDETTA FOR THE SAINT, one of the two two parters from the Roger Moore series that were released as theatrical features.
On Wednesday,all in super 8,the 3x400 55 DAYS IN PEKING (german version,english dialogue), reddish.Blackhawk's BATTLE OF BRITAIN ? (the title is missing, so I am not sure if it is this one),Snub Pollard in THE BIG IDEA,Woody Woodpecker in FAIR WEATHER FIENDS and TERMITES FROM MARS and Frank Sinatra in THE HOUSE I LIVE IN.

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2009 07:01 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Gian i'am late,but great pics finally...... [Wink]
And the sound was ok now? [Smile]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 17, 2009 07:09 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to receive news from you Jeroen.
How are you?
Thanks a lot about the shots. The movie is now totally re-recorded in Italian and in stereo. It was supplied with mono sound [Frown] .
A friendly hug.

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2009 12:20 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday September 17 2009 @10:15pm

Not really a movie night, but I ran some shorts to adjust Tower Clutch tension on take up.....

Beatles In Washington 2 x 400

Anamatrix Flight of the Osiris scope

Test reel 200 foot optical from the movie Hedda

Test reel 2oo foot magnetic Silver Streak featurette, The Making Of

Everything was super 8 sound. Tower take up tension has to be spot on - so running a few prints suggested a happy medium. Since no two prints run the same.

Like I said not really a full show, just some general maintenance on equipment.

[ September 18, 2009, 10:32 AM: Message edited by: Chip Gelmini ]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 18, 2009 12:51 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I decided to take a break from the silents tonight, but lets face it I didn't want to stray too far cold turkey. [Smile]

So I watched a super 8 sound feature of the Harold Lloyd talkie The Sin of Harold Diddlebock (1947) - Harold gets back out on the ledge of a building, only he is joined by a lion... fun stuff....

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2009 07:16 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday 19th September 2009

OUR GANG test screening.

The episodes:

- PUPS IS PUPS (so hilarious!);
- BERGAIN DAY;
- CHOO-CHOO!;
- THE KID FROM BORNEO (thanks once more, Hans);
- SECOND CHILDHOOD.

These kids made my days. As always!

-

Projector used: Silma Alfa 07; Schneider Xenovaron 1,1

--------------------

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2009 11:51 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Coffy 400-ft (bought from a forum-member), and Deputy Droopy, fresh from Derann!

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2009 04:44 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't watch a movie my projector is broken [Frown]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2009 06:36 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen, what did it happen [Frown] ?

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 19, 2009 11:59 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturday Night September 19 2009 @ 10:30pm

THE HOLLYWOOD KNIGHTS (1980)

DVD Projection

Robert Whul; Fran Drescher; Michelle Phieffer; Stuart Pankin.

Very funny movie, and great to see well known stars breaking in to show business!

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 21, 2009 10:55 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW! I'm actually posting twice in a row. Am I the only one running prints?

Monday night September 21, 2009 @ 8:00pm

SINGING IN THE RAIN super 8 feature

after a short break

LADY & THE TRAMP super 8 scope / stereo

[Smile] [Eek!] [Big Grin]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2009 01:24 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip - not the only one, I ran a couple of shorts I just got from Buckingham - much nicer after a little film guard...DOH [Eek!]

First was a pretty rare Kalem short entitled The Driver of the Deadwood Coach about a stage heist that gets solved by a young photographer (played by Judson Melford in one of his only film roles). His sister is played by Gertrude Short who went on to a long career of mostly bit parts including some alongside Alberta Vaughn in her Telephone Girl series (anyone have episodes of those?) - Supposedly her cousin is Blanche Sweet who stars in my second short called The Painted Lady a Griffith Biograph.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2009 01:51 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen, I´m sorry for you [Frown] but maybe Gian can use a webcam for you and you can watch together Titanic [Big Grin]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2009 03:35 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ah ah ah, Oemer. It would be great. What do you think about a video conference? Ciao.

--------------------

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2009 06:08 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It would be nice because the only way to watch a movie at this time is on my notebook because my childrin are to young (9 years, 4 years and 1 year old) and my wife don´t alow me to use a projector nights at home.

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2009 06:31 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
...so why don't you visit the "Jörg-Palast" then, Oemer?

Jörg

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2009 06:34 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don´t get the programm from Jörg since a long time, I know he play in november Alice in wonderland (Disney) and I will go to watch it with my two older children.
Maybe we see us in november in Jörg Palast.
regards
Oemer

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 22, 2009 04:31 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
22nd September 2009, Tuesday

Super 8 screening night with:

- MAZINGA VS GOLDRAKE in Scope, by Go Nagai (Ariete);

- SUMMERTIME by Ub Iwerks (Blackhawk);

- HEIDI (Ersa). I don't know anything about this movie; the print is quite good. I'd like to know who was the director and when it was released. Cannot find any info on the Web. So strange!

- THE NIGHT BEFORE XMAS - Tom and Jerry (Walton);

- THE RESCUE - from 'The Rescuers' (Walt Disney Home Movies).

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo ST 1200 HD m+o

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  31  32  33  34  35  36  37  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC