8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 35)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2009 03:07 AM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, Mazinga vs Goldrake is a complete feature?

|  IP: Logged

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2009 03:38 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
tonight I watched the 3x400ft Marketing Film's THE GODFATHER and ONCE APON A TIME IN THE WEST, and part 3 of the 3x800ft version of A NIGHT TO REMEMBER.
Pat [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2009 04:44 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Fabrizio, how are you?

MAZINGA VS GOLDRAKE is part of the feature MAZINGA CONTRO GLI UFO ROBOT (5*600ft) released by Ariete in full scope edition.
The feature was also distributed as 3 separate episodes. MAZINGA CONTRO GOLDRAKE is one of them.
This one is anyway considered as a full feature too: it is mounted on 2*400ft and was supplied in a very nice box. BUT... The title written on the box was a little different: SOS ATTACCO UFO.

For a stange case (considering we are talking about official prints) the full feature MAZINGA CONTRO GLI UFO ROBOT was only issued by ERSA. But the 3 excertps (edited, once more, as 'short' features individually sold) have been printed and distributed by some different Editors (Ariete, CHC, Ersa, Euromach). A real mystery! Each excerpt was also available on 6*200ft editions.

All of them are in scope, anyway. And the print quality is the same (the source was for sure the same in all cases).
Something so wierd occoured to my personal copy of MAZINGA VS GOLDRAKE: the first reel is printed on Kodak SP and the second one on LPP. There's a notable difference of color, of course. Dubbing is really bad (a part of the movie hasn't been dubbed in a proper way and you can hear Japanese and Italian mixed together. This is a 'limit' of all prints available of these titles).

By the way, a masterpiece, if you like the genre.
Hope this helps.

Ciao.

[ September 23, 2009, 05:49 AM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2009 06:03 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Oemer,ha ha ha that is an nice idea,but it now i fixed my projector.
Gian great pcs from Bernard and Bianca and the night before Christmas.
End of the week i have Snow White i like that one!
Does anyone know how thw quality is from this feature?

Greets Jeroen [Smile]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2009 06:41 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen, you are always so kind!
I will send you soon a PM. Take care!

[ September 23, 2009, 09:23 AM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2009 02:37 PM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I was trying out the Sankyo 700 projector that I had recently won on ebay. They are really nice machines and as has been stated on this forum in the past, vey kind to film. In fact it was because of the comments made about the Sankyos on this forum that encouraged me to get two of them. The show was two Marketing Films 3X400ft mini features, "The Ten Commandments" and "Barbarella". To edit a 3hr and 39min feature to about 45min is no mean feat and I think that they did very well, and with stunning colour and sound I was well pleased. "Barbarella" was slightly faded but great fun all the same. Jane Fonda was gorgeous.

Paul.

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2009 05:18 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today it was the second half of the Woodstock documentary, not a very good print but still nice to have. After that the second reel of Pane, amore e fantasia with Gina Lollobrigida.

-

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 23, 2009 06:26 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice shot, Peter. And it seems to be a good print!

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 24, 2009 10:57 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday September 24 2009 @ 10:00pm

Super 8 Sound

Black Hawk Films Release

OLIVER TWIST

Silent with musical score on 4 x 400 ft rls

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2009 12:51 AM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In Sunday 20 the BFCC well known “Greek Mafia” with Panayotis A. Carayannis, Yanis Tzortzis and Vagelis Proios came to my house for a movie night.
At the first part we watched:
TWA – Getaway movie Greece 200΄ Color Silent
Greece and its beautiful islands 200΄ Color Sound
Vacations in Greece 1979. Amateur travel movie from Germany 400΄(18fps) Color German (narrator) Sound.
Fovate o Giannis to therio – Greek movie. (Yanis scared by the monster) 400΄ B/W Greek Sound.
Drapetefsis (Robin Hood – Ladies of Sherwood) 2x400΄ B/W original Sound with Greek subtitles.
Midway. 400΄ Color Sound. (brought by Yanis Tzortzis).

The second part we watched films of Panayotis A. Carayannis. So it is up to him to write the titles.

I was very pleased to meet the “Greek Mafia” (the word mafia is for fun of course). A team with great love for films and great knowledge. Hope to meet them again soon.

Antonis

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2009 01:36 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday it was time for "Star Trek (TOS) - The city on the edge of forever". It is the episode where Kirk and Spock jumped to the 1930s years to rescue Dr. McCoy (with Joan Collins).
Good print but a little bit too red.

On Tuesday I screened Terminator 2. Absolutely stunning print in Scope.

Regards and have a nice (screening) weekend,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2009 01:40 AM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Antonis,
that´s sounds very good, how was the color of the greek travel movies?
I was born in izmir and back in the 80´s as we travel to turkey by car, we drove once thru greek (Thessaloniki, Kavala, chalkidiki) and I was very imperessed.
What a pity, we fly in 3 weeks to Istanbul, traveling by car is no more fun since the War in Joguslavia, so we must fly.
Regards
Oemer

Antonis Galanakis
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2009 02:21 AM      Profile for Antonis Galanakis   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hello Oemer.
Thank you very much for the reply. The company production films was just a little bit pink, but still with very good colour and sound (at the one with the sound).
The amateur film from Germany was in great colour and good sound. It was very well edit with narrator in sound and on the screen.

You know, my grandparents (from my mother’s side) were born in Alatsata and my grandparents (from my father’s side) were born in Izmir -> Smyrna -> Smirni.
Now I live in Athens in Nea (new) Smirni.
Greedings
Antonis

[ September 25, 2009, 06:16 AM: Message edited by: Antonis Galanakis ]

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 25, 2009 05:44 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just for the record,"my" films were: Tom and Jerry in SALT WATER TABBY, Laurel and Hardy in TWICE TWO and Ben Turpin in THE DAREDEVIL.
Antonis, thanks for a wonderful evening. It will be repeated pretty soon ! !

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2009 12:12 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight was a comedy night with "The Road to Bali" (Derann) with Bob and Bing. This was an abridged feature on 3X400ft reels (lovely print). This was follwed by "Bulldog Jack" (PM Films) with Jack and Claude Hulbert, Ralph Richardson and the lovely Fay Wray. Again an abridged feature on 3X400ft reels and set on the London Underground Railway with disused stations and an exciting finish on a speeding tube train. Great stuff.
"I defy you Morrell!"

Paul.

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2009 10:44 AM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"ARE YOU READY FOR MARRIAGE?" a 1950 short gem I just added to my Mental Hygiene collection. Then I watched the feature "BANG THE DRUM SLOWLY" (sadly faded to red so it's heading to eBay...)Both in 16mm.

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 26, 2009 12:31 PM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael Beyer:
I have that same Star Trek episode! Mine's mostly pink also.

Yanis Tzortzis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2009 05:24 PM      Profile for Yanis Tzortzis   Author's Homepage   Email Yanis Tzortzis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My (belated!)thanks to you too, Antoni,for the fab movie night & the feast; look forward to repeating the night in Xmas-and,of course, to seeing you at the BFCC next year along with the other Greek cine mafiosi:)!!

--------------------
Yannis

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 28, 2009 11:29 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday September 28 2009 @ 8:10pm

Super 8 Sound

Singing In The Rain

4 Guests

We have kicked off another one of our movie festivals. In January we started this idea and did the complete Star Wars series between super 8 and DVD. In May after my vacation we did a documentary (non-verbal) 4 part series.

Planning a festival like this is easy, and watching the movies is fun too. But when you reach the point of the end, you feel just so good because you have seen so much great entertainment. Whether it be from the classic golden age of movie making, or modern present day technology.

And with this festival, nearly everything is on super 8.

And tonight we began what should be a 20 week movie musical program. Up next, Easter Parade followed by The Jolson Story. Soon we shall screen Saturday Night Fever, Grease, Xanadu, Grease II, The Hollywood Knights, The Wizard of Oz, Urban Cowboy, Cabaret, Footloose, Fantasia (1940) Sound of Music, West Side Story, Fantasia (2000)That's Dancing, Dreamgirls, A Chorus Line, and That's Entertainment part 1.

The schedule will run in the order as listed above. As always the program is subject to change or delays. But as far as I know it includes EVERY musical I have in my entire collection of movies between DVD and Super 8. The titles selected fall under the category of musicals, and each one includes more than two movies with the same star by the time we have screened everything. What ever the reason, there is always a connection between two movies that have been selected for this great festival. For example, Grease and Xanadu both have Olivia Newton John, tonight's show and Xanadu have Gene Kelley.And only a select few are on disc. This is a film study program on the subject of musicals. Film discussion related to the topic after every show.

Monday Nights at my house!

If you are going to be in my area please let me know a few weeks before your arrival:

ALL ARE INVITED! [Big Grin]

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2009 03:24 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John:
So I think the master was pink and not the copy [Wink]

Yesterday I screened my Scope-Edition of Once upon a time in the west. Very good colour and sharpness.

Regards,
Michael

-

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2009 03:31 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Uhm... Still thinking in buying ONCE UPONE A TIME too, Michael. So strange Mr Phil from CHC told me the German labs has not the negative available anymore, one month ago.

--------------------

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2009 07:10 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,
perhaps the lab was not the owner of the negative. I know that the S8-print was made from an 16mm-Negative.
In Germany exist only roundabout 20 copies. And mine is not available [Big Grin]
The one and only is the scope-copy. The flat one is not the same...

Regards,
Michael

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted September 29, 2009 08:51 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

What happen with your screen? why ONCE UPON does not look perfect square?

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted September 29, 2009 09:13 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think Micheal might have been just holding the scope lense over his projector with one hand and taking the photo's with the other. That's not a joke! At one time, my scope bracket broke and I ended up holding the scope lense over the projector lense for the last three hours of "Ben Hur".

Were my arms tired! That's hard to do and still keep the focus just right!

Micheal, though, will no doubt clear it up better than I.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted September 29, 2009 09:32 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Michael. I'll try to discover.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  32  33  34  35  36  37  38  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC