8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 41)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 03:07 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
29th October 2009, Thursday

Test screening.

Derann's segments from FANTASIA: THE NUTCRACKER SUITE and THE RITE OF SPRING .

Great color.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Silma Alfa 07.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 05:07 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael,

I forgot, if the titles are in english, but I will tell you in the next days.
The price for the Kempski-print is different, but not in the low segment [Smile] I think between 300 and 500 Euros - not sure...

Wow - post no. 1001 !
So Gian was no. 1000 ! Congratulations !!!

Regards,
Michael

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 05:17 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, a perfect number for a perfect movie [Wink] !
Ciao.

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 07:09 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian,that are great pics!
Everything ok?this weekend i get my new projector
with scopelens.
I send you an PM after that!

Jeroen [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted October 29, 2009 08:21 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino ...

You have such a wonderful fascination with the early cinema!

I often, when viewing the early Essany, Mutual or other early shorts, have a fascination for not the action going on at that moment in the picture. No, I enjoy looking at what the city looked like at that time, (as they filmed around L.A.) or the outdoor scenes, much of which still looked a lot like the old west.

I think that's why I love "The Great Train Robbery" so much. When that was shot, the Old West was still much in existence, (1903) in most of America, even more so in the west. When we see the train out there and the woods go by, your looking at America the way Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid saw it.

I'll never be able to actually see that time with my own eyes, but thru early cinema, I'm able to.

Micheal buyer tempted me. Now I'LL watch Ben Hur, one half today, and the other, hopefully, tommorow!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 08:26 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nice to receive news from you, Jeroen.
Will check my PM later.
Take care and enjoy you new toys!

--------------------

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 29, 2009 08:30 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian - terrific images!

Michael - thanks in taking out the time with the titles.

Dino - I had been looking for those two Demille short films.
glad that you obtained: The Hollywood You Never See.

Hollywood Extra Girl is a great one too.

The picts are so sharp. How is the sound?
I wonder if these two titles are difficult to find?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 30, 2009 03:00 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Mike - the sound is pretty good, and Hollywood extra girl is easier to find than this one..I have had multiple copies over the years and recently sold a 16mm print (I think Blackhawk even put that one out)

Osi, yep you are right I am definitely all about the old films, I think mainly because I believe the art of cinema to be a visual medium and the silents used the medium to the fullest to tell the stories....I think most of you recognize the same thing and this is why you all love the animated titles so much....I still enjoy modern movies but usually I am "one and done" in terms of seeing them..I rarely have the desire to go back...Could be because instead of artistically telling a story through beautiful visuals, there is a tendency nowadays for filmmakers to assault all of the senses at once into overload and forget about the need to still tell a story...I made a little film back at USC that comically states how I feel about all this...Watch it now before they pull it down for copyright nonsense... I call it
Pennebaker Blues

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted October 30, 2009 03:08 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screening King Kong was also useful to see which version I had, this one is the abridged version. Therefore I'm happy I've kept my 16mm print as it contains all the extra scenes and shots.

[ November 06, 2010, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2009 12:05 AM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
J-M,

Film renew has benefits. I back wound a print against the curl. Also I had a print that took-up on the reel in an egg shape. Over time it became flat.

I also had a reel that had a slight vinegar odor, and the Film Renew helped too.

On a similar note, Vitafilm is another product made by Stewart, and it is the original formula. Film Renew is the junior version of this time tested film product. Maybe 75 years. Anyway a friend used this with a print that had a vinegar smell. The film was closed in the can for over 6 months. It absorbed the fluid and filled in the pin holes in the emulsion. He also tried it on a print that was treated with a scratch treatment to rid the film of marks, but the Vitafilm could not help it. The film was sealed and the film broke down because it could not breathe.

The Vitafilm is very strong smelling. The odor leaks through the cap and the container should also be sealed.

Vitafilm has a strong odor. It smells akin to the Urinal cakes that are placed in mens rooms to remove the odor.

-Michael De Angelis

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2009 01:49 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
the smell of the vitafilm is from the camphor...I get the same results by using a combination of film renew and actual camphor crystals (not at the same time though) The camphor helps re plasticize the film (which can make a brittle film more supple) and the film renew helps clean it and relax it....
Keep in mind that the camphor has to be the granules and nothing else. Here is where I get it... Frontier camphor granules

--------------------

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2009 01:57 AM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last nights screening on the ST1200
PT 3 of METEOR 3x400ft
and the 400ft STARWARS PT 1 in the early card box sadly it has faded red, but still and enjoyable watch, The narration at the start is one of the best I have seen on any digest.
pat [Big Grin]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2009 12:26 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino,

Point well taken.

It was also told to me,
that if anyone were to go into
an Indian food - health store, the food version
of camphor is available. I do not rightly understand,
if this statement is true?

Indeed you mentioned the benefit of Film Renew has benefits in the
cleaning, relaxing, waxing ability, to dry fairly fast.

There are advantages to the other bon-a-fide liquid products.
Kudos to Film Guard; et. all, that I implicitly recommend
to the needs in any film library collection.

When the hobby expands, it is not any longer a hobby and
instead becomes a Library. Ultimately this special attention benefits the
films and projector equipment too.

--------------------
hobby that we love!

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2009 07:16 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This night i was screened on my new projector(Elmo ST-1200HD)
Lady an the tramp(Scope) 4x600ft

A Walt Disney Christmas 1x400ft

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7nKvREZeyE&feature=player_embedded#

So happy with my new projector i bought by Hans,thanks men. [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted October 31, 2009 07:41 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen, my compliments.
Great machine and great movie. I will probably have my personal copy soon (it seems a soap opera!).
So happy you are back!!! I agree about Hans. Always very kind.
Ciao!

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 01, 2009 02:40 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael, Dino, thank you for your input. I've used Film Renew and Film Guard for years. I can no longer get Renew as Larry can't send it overseas by airmail. I've always questionned Vitafilm as one knows that there's no actual cure for VS. You can delay the process, or fix some of its effects. Right now, the only problem is the warping (my nostrils can deal with the smell) which makes focusing nearly impossible. Fortunately, it's only affecting R1.

This weekend horror double bill: Squirm + Return of the Living Dead.

[ November 06, 2010, 10:33 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 02:44 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc my jealousy of your horror and sci fi collection knows no bounds....

FYI - A guy in my band played on the soundtrack for Living Dead in the band 45 Grave that did the "Partytime" song...

--------------------

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 03:13 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Despite the projector running abit slow, I did a short screening for me, my fiancee and the in-laws last night.

First up was a 400' reel with cartoons, first Tom and Jerry, then Road Runner and finally Tweety. After that I showed the Eurofilm edit of "Easy Street" with Chaplin, before rounding it off with my newest reel, the Universal 8 release of "Who's on First?".

Did not take any pictures sadly.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Robert Tucker
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 08:04 AM      Profile for Robert Tucker     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The classic Robbery 1967 on 35mm

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 04:12 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screened this afternoon,

The night before Christmas(Tom and Jerry)1x200ft
Mickeys Christmas carol 1x600ft
Alladin 4x600ft
[Big Grin]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 04:44 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jeroen, already in a Christmas mood eh eh eh! [Wink] Well done. Cannot wait to do the same for my joung little girls! Ciao.

--------------------

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted November 01, 2009 08:03 PM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WE showed 3 S8mm blackhawks last night during the witching hours. [Wink]

Our Gang - Spook Spoofing
Our Gang - Crazy House (not sure why that made the line-up)
5 X 400' version Phantom Of The Opera (with faded color scene)

The look in peoples' eyes when we opened the door to pass out candy was priceless. I guess no one who came to our door has ever seen a screen that is 8.5'w X 6.5'h indoors before

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2009 09:58 AM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched the 2 part Battlestar Galactica digest. Great show!

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 02, 2009 11:33 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday November 2, 2009 @ 8:20PM

Everything was super 8 sound

Shorts

One Froggy Evening
Alice & the White Rabbit

Feature

Mary Poppins

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 03, 2009 03:56 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey Chip,good choice and great movie "Mary Poppins" [Smile]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  38  39  40  41  42  43  44  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC