8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 43)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Kurt Gardner
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2009 01:19 AM      Profile for Kurt Gardner   Author's Homepage   Email Kurt Gardner   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Today I received a treasure trove I won for $40 on eBay. Someone was selling 18 miscellaneous reels and ten packs of splicing tapes; they didn't list the titles but from the photo I could see a couple of color/sound Mighty Mouses, a Castle Apollo 11 reel, a Tom and Jerry and some white boxes containing 50- and 100-foot reels whose titles I couldn't read. I figured, what the heck. Low bid.

Wow! The white boxed ones are a goldmine! I watched some of them tonight, including the Willis O'Brien "Creation" test reel, a color George Pal Puppetoon, Koko the Clown in "Tantalizing Fly" and Winsor McKay's "Little Nemo." Interestingly, the last two are mute but striped, so I can add scores.

There's also a Bugs Bunny World War II bond rally short. It's a two minute song with guest appearances by Porky and the old-style Elmer. The color is shockingly good. I wonder what stock it could be on? I started another silent Fleischer reel with a musical score added but I had to stop it because it's too dry. I'll try again after a good cleaning. These films came from companies called Glenn Film Services and Reel Images. Anyone ever heard of them?

Finally, I screened Betty Boop and Koko in "Ha Ha Ha." It's one of those prints that was hand-colored (not computer colored) in the late sixties when National Telefilm Associates was trying to get them back into syndication. The color's not great, especially with fade, but those are some strange cartoons!

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 08, 2009 02:07 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Congratulations, Kurt, this is really a good find. I didn't know some lab had printed super 8 prints of the Creation test reel...

Last night DVD projection:
Trick R Treat (very nice and underrated horror anthology)

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted November 08, 2009 08:33 AM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc, glad to hear the print runs well. Will look forward to the screenshots!

Yesterday afternoon, I watched the following on Super 8mm:
Brer Rabbit & The Tar Baby
King Kong (1933/6x400')

In the evening, I watched on the digital projector:
Ice Age: Dawn Of The Dinosaurs (Blu-Ray)

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 09, 2009 10:11 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,

Your "Once Upon" looks great on the screen.

From Michale's Ben Hur and Gian's Once Upon, I can say that Germany lab did a great job by having a true skin color on their prints (and avoid blueish tint).

Congratulations!

--------------------
Winbert

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2009 11:16 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, Winbert.
It is a very good print indeed.
Your films are on your way. Let me know when you get them!
CIAO!!!

[ November 09, 2009, 01:36 PM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted November 09, 2009 01:43 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
WOW!

The colors on that OUATITW are outstanding, Gian! I love that close-up of Henry Fonda ... his eyes!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2009 01:55 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii! How are you?
Thanks a lot. I am very satisfied with this purchase, a very good print and a title I really love. And the soundtrack? Ennio Morricone did a great job. A real masterpiece.

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2009 02:28 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last Sunday afternoon i watched Snow White great print! [Smile]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2009 04:41 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
9th September 2009, Monday

Zip-a-Dee-Doo-Dah screening with Disney's SONG OF THE SOUTH on 8mm.
Very enjoyable print on Kodak SP. Not a Derann, but color is holding very well. And I love that song!

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo GS 1200 Xenon; Elmo 1.0

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2009 05:20 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Beautiful pics i have seen your PM,and replied! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 09, 2009 05:42 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks a lot, Jeroen.
It's always a pleasure to share my movies with you all!

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2009 12:21 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Speaking of sharing Gian, thnks for sharing with me... [Big Grin]

Tonight I watched my new Griffith courtesy of our very own Gian...This is a great little actioner, that goes beyond the Griffith cross-cutting and puts you into the chase...The track is a fitting piano score. It is so awesome to be able to watch these classics in such great quality, so thanks Gian! !!

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2009 12:26 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday November 9th 2009 @ 8:00pm

Super 8 sound

Feature only

Saturday Night Fever

Christian Bjorgen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2009 12:51 AM      Profile for Christian Bjorgen   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday Nov 9th, 9 PM, screened some reels to show the projector to my parents and brothers, who had not seen it in action yet.

Started with an european edit of "Easy Street", then showed some cartoons (600' reel with four shorts), before showing the U8 digest of "Animal House", spooled onto one 600 ft reel, and then finishing off with A&C's "Whos on First?" from Universal 8.

--------------------
Well who’s on first? Yeah. Go ahead and tell me. Who. The guy on first. Who. The guy playin’ first base. Who. The guy on first. Who is on first! What are you askin’ me for? I’m askin’ you!

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2009 01:24 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian:
Really great shots of OUATITW and Song of the South !!!
Congratulations to your fantastic OUATITW-print, again [Smile]
It's the same as mine.
Thanks for mailing a link to my website in the "Picture"-Thread !
If I will have a lot of time, I will translate it from german to english [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Dino:
Great shots, too. Here in Germany are those old american pictures rather unknown. What a pity !

At Friday I screened Those magnificent men in their flying machines. Thanks to Kevin: really great print. Stunning colours and an very good sharpness.
But I forgot my second SD-Card today... so here are the first part of the pictures:

-

Projector: Elmo ST-1200 HD
Anamorphot: Rathenower Rectimascope 48/2x

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 10, 2009 01:34 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for posting those shots, Dino. I'm so happy you are happy eh eh eh.

Michael, you are very kind and your site is a good place to visit. I thought it was a good idea to 'introduce' it here. All the best, my dear friends.
CIAO.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 12, 2009 04:31 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
12th November 2009, Thursday -

Super 8 screening night with Esmeralda and Quasimodo: Disney's THE HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME by Derann.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo GS 1200 # 1; Elmo 1.0

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 13, 2009 12:30 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night DVD projection:
- Coming Soon (Thai horror film about a haunted cinema)

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2009 12:37 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great print Gian,i have see it last fridaynight,and beautiful pics [Big Grin] i love it you know [Wink]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2009 01:45 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grazie Jeroen. I love it too! Hope you and R. are right. Take care.

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2009 07:00 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Everythings ok with me and R.tomorrownight Beauty and the beast love that one! [Wink]

--------------------

Wayne Tuell
Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2009 08:50 AM      Profile for Wayne Tuell   Author's Homepage   Email Wayne Tuell   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I screen a 16mm THE KID to check it before it goes up for sale. And then S8mm feature The Warriors.

--------------------
www.16mmDrive-InFilms.com

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2009 10:52 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This afternoon on Super 8mm:

Empire Strikes Back: Part 1 (thanks, Osi!)
Buck Rogers: parts 1 & 2

This evening on the digital projector:

The Wild (Blu-Ray)

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted November 13, 2009 11:06 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday November 13th 2009 @ 8:00PM

FIRED UP on DVD projection

After a short break

IZZY & MOE on super 8 optical sound with shorts Donald the Mechanic and a Dogknapping [Mutt & Jeff cartoon]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted November 14, 2009 04:26 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday's show:
assorted trailers (Nightmare before Christmas, The Aristocats, The Blues Brothers, Avatar, Zombieland, Imaginarium of Dr Parnassus, A Christmas Carol) and "Party Cloudy" short.

[ November 06, 2010, 10:35 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  40  41  42  43  44  45  46  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC