8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 47)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2009 01:38 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi.
Yes, this is a great print. Top-notch quality, if compared to my previous Italian prints.
As I stated in my post, color is excellent. But I don't know why some shots look a little bluish, even if the movie is totally ok.
I must admit I'm very happy with this print: this is one of my favorite Disney's too.
CIAO!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2009 07:59 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night the wife & I watched my new Blackhawk print of "The Crazy Ray," a 1923 silent French science-fiction film. We both loved it! Anyone else have this one?

Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2009 02:20 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched SOS TITANIC in 16mm
 -

-

-

-

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted December 01, 2009 04:14 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight it was The Incredible Melting Man, finally. What a treat it was, this 400ft digest. After that, the first part of the 4-part Richard Pryor Live in Concert, Universal 8, uncensored [Smile] Both exellent prints, a little reddish but not too bad.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2009 09:34 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Things have been a bit hectic of late and I was unable to get any of my projectors out for a while, but I now have a couple of free weeks so I hope to have a few film shows. Last night it was a mixed bag with the only rule imposed on me being that I should show nothing serious. It was all on Super 8 again ( I must watch some 16mm soon but my back is playing up and those 16mm projectors are heavy). So we started with "Creeps". This is a Three Stooges comedy with Larry, Shemp and Moe. This was a Columbia Comedy Classics print on 1X400ft reel. This was followed by a 600ft reel of cartoons which I recently bought on ebay as I wanted 2 0f the titles on the reel. They were "Let's Sing With Popeye". This is a Steel Valley print of this black and white cartoon in excellent condition. It's only about 50ft or so in length. Popeye sings his famous song and there is a bouncing ball over the lyrics so that we can all sing along. I so wanted to get this one. "Popeye and the Pirates" was the next film on the reel. A good colour print from Film Office of France so the titles were all in French but the soundtrack was the original American one. Next was "Popeye in Goonland", another excellent print of this black and white cartoon. This was the other title on this reel that I wanted as it is just about the best ever Popeye cartoon. I do not know who the distributor of this print was. The final cartoon on this reel was Woody Woodpecker in "The Barber of Seville". This was a Castle Films short with absolutely stunning colour, however I am not really a fan of Woody. (Apologies to Walter Lantz). The next reel we watched was Scooby Do in "That Snow Ghost". Techno Films released this on 400ft and this print was excellent colour and sound with all of the original credits. Then we moved on to more adult Fayre with PM Films 600ft digest of "The Wicked Lady". Starring the lovely Margaret Lockwood and James Mason this is a very well edited version of this classic British film that was considered very risque in its day. An excellent print on black and white stock. This print had all of the original credits which is quite rare for a digest. Finally we watched "Barbarella". This was the 3X400ft mini feature from Marketing Films and is a great piece of 1960's nostalgia with Jane Fonda at her sexiest. Excellent colour on the Marketing Films logo at the beginning of all three reels but it looked a bit faded from then on. Others have commented on these being faded and I wonder if the original from which these prints were made was faded as the Marketing logo had rich blues and yellows. Never mind, it was still great fun and its nice to see a Maketing Films release with the original titles for a change. All in all it was a great evening and as there is nothing on TV again we might have another show tonight.

Paul.

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2009 12:45 PM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
On the road this afternoon with the Great Western Railway retired staff association. Five railway based films were screened with material covering the 1930's to the 70's.Running time was about 65 minutes and the GS did a great job in less than ideal conditions in a large social club

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2009 01:14 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2nd December 2009, Wednesday

Super 8 test screening.
The trailers:

- Mulan
- The Rescuers
- The Rescuers Down Under
- Peter Pan
- Robin Hood
- E.T. The Extra-Terrestrial (2002 re-release)

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Good to excellent prints.
Dinner, and ready for the big show: TOY STORY. Coming back soon!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted December 02, 2009 03:40 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian! A rare mis-step with your screenshots, but appreciated, n one the less (eh, I'm just jealous that you can post screenshots).

Paul ... that was interesting to hear that the Scooby Doo has the full credit sequence. That is the beginning credits, right?

Last night, my wife and I watched a brand new print of "Conduct Unbecoming". FINALLY! I lucked out on a completely unfaded print of this. It is a 70's eastman print, but not a bit O fade.
The fellow I bought it from said it was L.P.P., when I knew it wasn't, but I was willing to take a chance on it.

I think he said this because the color really is eye-popping and gorgeously saturated, especially in the outdoor shots. I've never seen this optical feature release look like this, and it ends a long search for a pristine print, a 20 year search, (if you include my first run of Super 8 collecting!).

... almost makes me sad to part with my "composite print" of this feature, (well, that is if it sells in a day on ebay), as I was remarkably close to perfect color on that print, so someone else is going to luck out in a day or so, as there are so many crappy looking prints of this.

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2009 05:25 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
2nd December 2009, Wednesday

Super 8 screening night with Disney-Pixar TOY STORY .
Excellent print in every way.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo GS 1200 # 1; Elmo 1,1.

Thanks Oemer.
My Disney's collection wouldn't be the same without your contribution. And thanks to you too, Osi. Always so kind eheheh.

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2009 05:41 PM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian,great pics as usual,any news about the sword? [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 02, 2009 05:50 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jeroen. Thanks a lot for your kind comment.

How are you and R.? What about your leg? Hope all is right.
David mailed me today. The movie should be here at the very beginning of next week.

You really deserve a special mention, Jeroen. Thanks to you and David (sorry if I already stated this so many times, guys) I have completed my Disney's features collection on 8mm.
Thanks a lot for helping me to find this title I was still missing. Take care, my friend [Wink] !

Good night.

--------------------

Paul Spinks
Master Film Handler

- posted December 03, 2009 06:08 AM      Profile for Paul Spinks   Email Paul Spinks   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Osi,
yes the full opening and full end credits were on the print and as I said the colour was absolutely fantastic. I know that the credits are not on the 200ft versions but I thought that they were on all the 400ft prints. This title,"That Snow Ghost" is the only Scooby Do on Super 8 that I have ever watched however.

Paul.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 02:22 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian
I am not usually a disney guy but your pics make me wish I had the Toy Story print, looks great! ! [Smile]

Tonight I was busy with one of my cats who is sick and it takes a lot of out my wife and I to give her the medicine, so I followed it up with a couple of comedies, and on 9.5 since I have neglected that for a while...First was a rare example of a mute version of a sound comedy that actually works, it was a Hal Roach Billy Gilbert comedy retitled as DOUBLE DUMMIES and followed by my favorite silent comedy team (that of course changed out members practically monthly) The Hall Room Boys...This one has Sid Smith who was the best boy I think.. It was called JAMES THE JOCKEY and I am not completely sure what its real title should be but it had plenty of zaniness to cheer me up.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 03:47 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Eh eh... Thanks Dino. Great print indeed.

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 05:47 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reel 2 of Gentlemen prefer Blondes, 16mm, with Marilyn Monroe and Jane Russell [Smile]

-
 -
 -
 -

I'm very happy with this print, now the search continues for Some like it Hot

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 04, 2009 08:29 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Wow Peter! Hope you will find soon SLIH. This print you are referring here is simply great.
Nice shots. My compliments.

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2009 04:43 AM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Gian, I'm very pleased too. The combination of a good print and a good camera gives nice pictures [Smile]

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2009 05:25 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No doubt!

[ December 05, 2009, 07:45 AM: Message edited by: Gian Luca Mario Loncrini ]

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 05, 2009 05:05 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
5th December 2009, Saturday.

Super 8 test screening (just to be sure everything will be in working order, the night before Christmas [Razz] ).
The title: Disney's PLUTO'S CHRISTMAS TREE (1952) by Derann.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Silma Alfa 06; Schneider-Xenovaron 1,1

--------------------

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 12:07 AM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday December 7th 2009 8:15pm

DVD Projection

Disney's "UP"

Coke & Popcorn [Big Grin]

David Pannell
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 07:29 AM      Profile for David Pannell   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Going back a couple of nights to Saturday evening: - - - screened "Von Ryan's Express", starring Frank Sinatra, Trevor Howard & James Brolin.

For me this has all the ingredients of a good action movie, with steam trains to boot!

In Super 8 using the Elmo ST-1200HD. Looked really good in the new upcoming environment of the home cinema. A pair of Ampro 12" speakers placed just in front of the screen about 18" up from the floor made the room reverberate with all the fantastic sound effects from this film - particularly the steam engines! [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]

Why has it taken me so long to reach this stage? I ask. [Roll Eyes]

--------------------
Dave.

Valves and celluloid - a great combination!
Early technology rules OK!

Oemer Yalinkilic
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 03:11 PM      Profile for Oemer Yalinkilic   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last weekend Super 8 UFA german print (2x 120m) of "Le sauvage" Yve Montand and Catherine Denuve
 -
 -
 -
 -
 -

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 08, 2009 05:03 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome back, Oemer.
Nice shots [Wink] !

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 05:39 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
9th December 2009, Wednesday

After a very long waiting, tonight 'twas finally time for JURASSIC PARK.

When I asked for some info about the print in June, John Clancy wrote a post stating:
quote:
Jurassic Park was a flat film. You'll find it interesting to watch on Super 8 if you don't crop it with screen masking because the computer effects sequences were done masked. So even if you don't think there's any CGI trickery in a certain scene you can easily identify where there is.

It was not a piece of news when I noticed that while screening (see shot # 6).
Excellent print, anyway. So happy I finally had it thanks, once more, to Keith.
Screen captures as usual.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Projector used: Elmo ST 1200 HD; Elmo 1,0

--------------------

Darren Payne
Film Handler

- posted December 09, 2009 05:42 PM      Profile for Darren Payne   Email Darren Payne   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Looks a super print!

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  44  45  46  47  48  49  50  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC