8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 57)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 12:30 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bravo Michael. And welcome back.
Just let me know when you decide to sell your copy of FOOTLOOSE, ok [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] [Wink] ?

Peter, I won LA PRIMA NOTTE DI QUIETE but I see there are no references to your PM.
The price is absolutely good, even better than what we were expecting.

I will ship it to you as soon as I receive it.
Here's my mail address, if you need to communicate with me:

gloncri (at) hotmail (dot) it

I'm really happy you will finally have the print. Ciao.

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 12:35 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, I'm very pleased [Big Grin] I will send you an email, thanks!

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 12:36 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again, you are more than welcome, Peter.
I wait for it.

--------------------

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 02:59 PM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday:

Screening of "Münchhausen". Made in 1943 to celebrate the 25th anniversary of UFA (Universum Film AG), it was one of the first films in Agfacolor. The script was written under a pseudonym by Erich Kästner, who wasn't allowed to publish under the Nazi Regime. His name doesn't appear in the credits, but he carefully placed some very hidden regime critical dialogues in the script.

The UFA S8 Release still has beautiful colors and good sharpness. It is a 4x400ft digest version. Projector: Elmo GS1200, screenshots taken with a DV camcorder.

-

Some scenes from this S8 print can be found here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ez9P-NDnbU

Jörg

[ January 05, 2010, 04:11 PM: Message edited by: Joerg Niggemann ]

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 03:10 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Eek!] This is a perfect print, I'd say. Complimenti!

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 05:00 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Donald's Snowfight on S8!

-
 -
 -

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2010 11:22 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tuesday Night January 5th 2010

My first showing of the year!

Double Feature

MONSTERS VS ALIENS dvd projection 2:35.1

After a short break

HUNCHBACK OF NOTRE DAME super 8 silent 1:33.1

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 01:13 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg the pics of "Münchhausen" look gorgeous... [Smile] Donald ain't too shabby either [Wink]

I felt I needed to break out a few other Glenn Tryon shorts, since in the last one he was either dressed like a woman or looking like Lupino Lane. The best reason to watch some more Glenn Tryon was to break out the 9.5mm, which made me realize it has been far too long.... YIKES!

I watched 2 pathescope shorts Billy the Ford Buster (aka Wages of Tin) and Billy the Sea Dog (aka A Sailor Papa) both from the same year as last nights' 1925.

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 02:30 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Jörg,

very nice to read something from you here in this thread [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
Absolutely good pictures !
And a happy new year to you !!!
I'm looking forward to our next meeting [Smile]
BTW: Won the ebay-auction of Raiders of the lost ark !!!

Gian,
you are more than welcome and on the top of the list for Footloose - if I will ever sell it [Big Grin] [Big Grin] [Big Grin]
And thanks for the compliments.

--------------------
Just remember the time when Home Cinema was not a disc...keep perforated

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 05:44 AM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Joerg-

That has to be the most beautiful ufa super 8 print I've ever seen! The screen shots, as well as the clip on you-tube are breath-taking.

Thanks.

James.

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 07:12 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, most of the UFA-prints turned to red. Sad, but true.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 06, 2010 08:42 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree. Micheal, magnificent print that. It reminds of those classic ultra real technicolor prints! People who say that Super 8 is a dead format really ought to see all that is available on Super 8!

Nice screenshots from Aristocats. I never liked Disney's 1970's output, (with the exception of "The Rescuers").

Boy! You fellas have really been busy projecting things. All that has been projecting in our house recently is my baby boys vomit!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 08:50 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AH AH AH AH Osi.
That's why you were not posting, during the last two days [Wink] .
Welcome back to your second home.
How are they, now?

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 06, 2010 10:51 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ThanX 4 asking, Gian. Devin has got some kind of bug. He's got baby tylenol in every bottle now, just to Help him get over it.

That, and preparing for me birthday tommorow. I'll bve a bouncing baby 44 year old! Goo goo!

I'm in a British Sitcom kind of mood, so I think I'll watch my Optical sound feature print of "Rising Damp" tonight. For those who don't know, it was a British sitcom of the 70's that made it to the big screen in Britian and onto the UK airline feature line.

Now, if I can only find, as a optical super 8 feature, the feature film of "Are You Being Served?" from around the same time! Thats one of my favorite british sitcoms, as I have worked retail a lot myself. Did this feature ever make it onto Super 8 optical sound as a airline feature?

Anyone?
Anyone?

Bueller?

--------------------

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 11:37 AM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unlike the UFA Version, my Piccolo 2x400ft digest of Münchhausen has completely turned red. I got the UFA print in sealed cans, treated with colorfresh. Maybe this has helped to preserve color over the years. I'm trying to figure out what material they used for that print...

Michael: Let me know if you have some time left for a Super-8 meeting ;-)

Jörg

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 05:00 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Tonight it was the Super 8 digest of Carry.
Sheer cinematic dynamite, as the cover says. Derann release, faded but fun.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -

I'm still playing with the settings of my camera to get optimal results. Does anyone use a tripod for taking screenshots?

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 05:10 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I must add this title to my 'Wanted list'.

Peter, I never use any tripod to take mine, even if it could be a good idea. I just take a lot of screen shots and then select the best/steady ones to post here.
That's it!

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 06, 2010 05:16 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Not bad for a "faded" print of Carrie! Definitely passable.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 05:34 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I agree.
Any info about the stock, Peter?
Does anybody know if this 2*400ft digest has been also released on Agfa?

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 05:38 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, that's what I do as well. But a lot of shots don't turn out too well, I'll try to experiment with the shuttertime.

Osi, the print is really quite orange, but I'm happy with this ebay-bargain [Smile]

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 05:44 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know, Peter. As I have stated in another thread, to post eight good shots I normally take 50/70. Sometimes is funny, sometimes is not (depending on my mood).

Anyway, the result (I'm now referring to your pictures) is good.
Would you be so kind to tell me if you are in a position to check the stock used for your print of CARRIE, please?
Grazie!

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted January 06, 2010 06:10 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
I know, Peter. As I have stated in another thread, to post eight good shots I normally take 50/70. Sometimes is funny, sometimes is not (depending on my mood).
Learning from Joerg UFA screen shots above which was taken with a digital video camera, perhaps, it is the best idea to use with video and then move frame by frame to pick the most stable picture ones.

Some video cameras are now in HD quality.

This can let us enjoy the film without need to get busy with the camera. What do you think?

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 06, 2010 06:28 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Another very good idea indeed, Winbert. I will think about it. Even if I will probably go on with my 'traditional' way.
In fact I never bin all taken shots and save them in a sort of '8 mm movies' shots library'. They could be helpful to other people, or other occasions.

--------------------

Michael Beyer
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 02:07 AM      Profile for Michael Beyer   Author's Homepage   Email Michael Beyer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That's what I do, Gian [Big Grin]
I have a folder with my screenshots and it grows everytime I watch a "new" movie [Smile]

If I have an audience-film-show I print some of them and position them next to the poster.

--------------------

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 07, 2010 03:17 AM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian, I will see I I can find info about the stock.

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  54  55  56  57  58  59  60  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC