8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 60)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2010 06:57 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No super 8 show, tonight (but I'm planning the next one for tomorrow eh eh eh).

-

Great movie on DVD: CINDERELLA MAN. What an incredible story was Jimmy Braddock's. So perfect setting, great actors, very detailed plot. I must admit I love Howard's movies. And this is one of my favorite.

Even if set during the very worst moments of American (and, in general, global) Economic Depression, the will I have every time I watch this movie is to close my eyes for a while to try to imagine how people were feeling, living, in such a terrible, difficult context.

The movie is so well directed that I can really feel those realities, those moods. I'm in there, next to people fighting for something. To survive, above all. And when I open my eyes back I wonder if we would act the same way, nowadays. I mean, global financial crisis in 2009 too. But would we fight for the milk?
Oh well, only personal remarks.

I love that movie. And my English is not so perfect to be in a position to express myself the way I would like to. [Wink] .

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

|  IP: Logged

Paul Martin
Junior

- posted January 16, 2010 03:39 AM      Profile for Paul Martin   Email Paul Martin   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Morning all!
In our new house with cine room (oh yes!) last night myself and the good lady watched....

50ft Thunderbirds - Attack of the Alligators (Silent, B&W S8)
200ft Spiderman - The Origin of Spiderman (Silent, B&W S8)
400ft High Society (Sound, Colour S8)

[Smile]

--------------------
The world needs more Star Trek on 8mm! :)

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 16, 2010 09:25 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great to see that Hitchcock classic, thanX.

Gian, it appears that "The Million Dollar Duck" has aged better than "Snowball Express". One of the worst kind of films for color fade are films that take place in the snow ...

Fore gawds sake! Don't eat the brown snow. DON'T EAT THE BROWN SNOW!!!

(hee hee hee hee)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 09:31 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I won't Osi, I WON'T!
Yeah, you are right about those two Disney's. But hey, I'm happy anyway [Wink] .
Ciao.

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 10:20 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'll think going to watch Snow White tonight after two times to see the mermaid last week!
And before the feature i want "i don't know",give me a suggestion! [Big Grin]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 10:22 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night I watched the great Harmonizing cartoon "Bottles" followed with a Bob Steele western "The man from Hell's Edge."

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 10:34 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
[Wink] And before the movie???... Come on, Jeroen [Wink] !!!!

--------------------

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 11:09 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah the shorts from.......ok you know [Wink]

--------------------
Super8 that's the greatest hobby in my life,i was 9 to have my first viewer from GAF.

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 11:29 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, two Super 8 sessions with my wife and a visiting friend.

First show:
The Great Train Robbery (Blackhawk B&W silent)
Dangerous Females (Blackhawk B&W sound)
Cattanooga Cats (Walton color sound)

Second Show:
The Lonely Villa (Blackhawk B&W silent)
The Crazy Ray (Blackhawk B&W silent)
Lonesome Lenny (Derann color sound)

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 16, 2010 01:27 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great Line-up John ...

"I Had a Little Friend ..."

(John will get it!)

Tonight, some more Universal 8 digests!

Animal House!
Smokey and the Bandit 2 (Perhaps the best smash-up of Cop cars on film, except, perhaps, "Blues Brothers")

But Foist ... Three Stooges

Disorder in the Court! (unknown film company, I don't think it's a Columbia release. It's a very good print, though.)

But FOIST, before that ...

Rabbit Fire! (Rabbit season! Duck Season!) Red Fox

BUT FOIST ... FOIST!! A Trailer!

"A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum"

A favorite of mine, as it had one of the last appearances of Buster Keaton on the big screen! Cantenbury Films print.

--------------------

Daniel Aveline
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 02:51 PM      Profile for Daniel Aveline     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night digital projection with two westerns masterpieces:
Warlock and Jubal.

--------------------
D Aveline

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2010 05:06 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter...nice shots of Foreign Correspondent!

I'm hoping someday to have some more Hitchcock features in my collection. On super 8 I have NOTORIOUS and 39 STEPS. On 16mm I have SABOTAGE, SECRET AGENT and TOPAZ(IB Tech).

Bill

Jeroen van Ooijen
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 03:57 AM      Profile for Jeroen van Ooijen   Email Jeroen van Ooijen   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Saturdaynight screeningnight and i have screened the following
movies!

- Mowgli The Jungle Boy 1x200ft(Dutch)

- Cinderellas suprise dress 1x200ft(Dutch)

- Cinderellas fairy godmother 1x200ft(Dutch)

- Spaghetti party 1x200ft(Dutch)

Feature :

Snow White 3x600ft(Derann)

[Big Grin] It was a great movienight! [Wink]

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 04:29 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Peter yes nice shots... That is the only Hitchcock I have, makes me want to break it out for a screen.

John - great shows..definitely some classics in there...I may have asked already but does your train robbery print have the colored bits? I have had a couple of prints over the years but really now just want one with the the colored bits and music track..

I have been silent for awhile (haha in more ways than one [Razz] ) because I have a new Pathex Baby I have been working on obsessively, but today started the 3day weekend so I watched a feature before heading out to play a gig (which is why I am up so late)...A recent ebay purchase that I got for a steal (one of the very few). A super rare Elaine Hammerstein film called Paint and Powder(1925) not to be confused with the Eddie Boland comedy short of the same name....AARRGH just realized I have that one too I could have made it a theme night [Mad] ..Anyway it was a standard 8 silent print on 2 x 400ft. It was a little soft but had all the original titles (even some original reel change leaders). Both reels had some of those rust spots and the second had some unusual scratching but it was still not too bad.. A decent little "rise to fame" melodrama with a very artistic ending...

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Guy Taylor, Jr.
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 08:54 AM      Profile for Guy Taylor, Jr.     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night "The Jungle Book." Super sharp print; great story, wonderful music, with nice voice work from Phil Harris.

--------------------
Guy Taylor

Lars-Goran Ahlm
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 10:02 AM      Profile for Lars-Goran Ahlm   Email Lars-Goran Ahlm   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday i screened the following:

1. "Buck Rogers" 2x400 Universal edited onto 600. I had not seen this for at least 10 years and was pleasantly surprised to see that it had almost no fading at all.
According to markings a Eastman print with date code for 1976.

2. "Too Late The Hero" 5x400 featurette. This one had turned really brown, making the long night scenes around the first reel change, really hard to se what was happening sometimes. But in the daylight scenes it was not that annoying, probably because it is 90% in a jungle and everything is green.

3. "A Fish Called Wanda" 3x600 optical sound. No fading at all, but being from 1988 I would suspect low fade had by then become practice in optical film printing.

--------------------
"The trouble with these international affairs is that they attract foreigners"

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 11:27 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dino - My Great Train Robbery is all B&W, no sound stripe.

By the way, my Cattanooga Cats still has amazing color for its age, here's a piece of it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1GVv2yIf5X8

The seller claimed it was Fuji color. I've heard on here that Waltons keep their color pretty well, and this is proof! [Eek!]

That "Paint and Powder" looks interesting...wish I had it on Super 8!

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 17, 2010 12:25 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Lars ...

That is very interesting about "Buck Rogers", as it shows the truth that while the film may come out in a specific year, the film stock can be, perhaps years earlier. The movie came out in 1979, the film stock, three years earlier!

--------------------

Barrie Didham
Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 01:09 PM      Profile for Barrie Didham   Email Barrie Didham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,i believe the "Disorder in the Court" is a Niles print.

I have the 400foot version in the orange Niles box,but sadly the number has worn from the side of the box,hope this helps.

Last night myself and a few friends had a beer and movie night.
The line up was:

Waltons 200ft Trailer Selection No2,Callen,One Million Years BC,Percys Progress,Shalaco (A.860)Color,sound.

Universal Eights 200ft(Walton Film)Stock Car 500 Callenge
(2812)Color(slight fade)sound.

Universal Eights 200ft(Walton Film)Demolition Derby(2803)color,sound.

Columbias 400ft The Flintstones,The Twitch(FL 4018)Color sound.

Marketing Films 3x400ft When Worlds Collide(1061,62,63)Color sound.

All prints have held up well with just one starting to fade.

Its was a great Summers night and everyone enjoyed themselfs getting a kick out of seeing a good Super 8 night for the first time [Smile]

--------------------
Between Heaven and Hell there will always be Super8

Peter van Zand
Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 03:45 PM      Profile for Peter van Zand   Author's Homepage   Email Peter van Zand   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill and Dino, thanks, I love the old Hitchcocks. Sabotage and Notorious are on my want-list [Smile]

Last night some 16mm shorts, one of them a trailer for the 7th Voyage of Sindbad. A color feature, but the trailer is in B&W, very nice.

-  -
 -  -

--------------------
www.vergetenfilm.nl

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 05:54 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
17th January 2010.
Super 8 Sunday screening night.
The programme:

Trailers
- HERCULES (scope)
- SHREK
- MULAN

Test screening
- TITANIC (reel # 6... Osi Osi...)

Feature
- COCOON by Ron Howard starring Steve Guttenberg, Tahnee Welch, Don Ameche, Wilford Brimley, Hume Cronyn, Brian Dennehy, Jack Gilford, Maureen Stapleton, Jessica Tandy, Gwen Verdon, Herta Ware (1985).

Great show. Shots as usual.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

So sad I could only post 8 shots... Can I add some more??? I like this movie soooooooooo much!

Equipment: Elmo GS 1200 XENON; Elmo 1.0

--------------------

Bill Phelps
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 06:16 PM      Profile for Bill Phelps     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Barrie...I have a couple of the 400' Flintstones and they all have excellent color and sound...these seem to hold up good.

Also, being from Ohio it's very odd to hear January and summer night in the same sentence! [Smile]

Bill

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 06:35 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Oh well, I'll do.

COCOON session # 2.

-  -
 -  -
 -  -
 -  -

Sorry, I had to do it!

--------------------

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 06:44 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Gian I love your shots so no need for apology [Big Grin]

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 17, 2010 06:47 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Grazie Dino. At lest one gentleman saying that ah ah ah! Little joke, of course.
You know, by the way, I like yours too. Ciao.

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  57  58  59  60  61  62  63  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC