8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 66)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted February 07, 2010 02:25 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
SNAP!!
I also started the night with BAMBI MEETS GODZILLA - just received from Wayne.
Main feature: PLYMOUTH ADVENTURE (1952) Very nice IB Tech print.
Both 16mm.

Dino, thanks for the pics. I haven't seen that movie at all. Is that a 16mm print?
Good ol' Patsy.
[Smile]

|  IP: Logged

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2010 02:39 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep both 16mm, but it has some lines that come and go....

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2010 08:58 AM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday on Super 8mm:
Dracula (1958/3x400' and 1x600')

Friday on Blu-Ray:
Hellboy Animated: Sword Of Storms
Hellboy Animated: Blood And Iron

Saturday:
DVD: The Rescuers
SUPER 8MM: The Rescuers Down Under

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

http://cougartiger.deviantart.com/

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted February 07, 2010 09:28 AM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After hours of digging out from the blizzard (26" here), I warmed up with an all 16mm show. First, Chapter 11 of PANTHER GIRL OF THE KONGO with beautiful Phyllis Coates followed by the William Castle feature HOMICIDAL.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted February 07, 2010 11:12 AM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The Quiet Man (abridged), 5x400'. Color still good!

Thomas,

That reminds me, I've been meaning to do a weekend marathon Chris Lee Dracula Super 8mm screening, starting with Horror of Dracula and finishing with Dracula AD, 1972.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 07, 2010 03:59 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
AV rack rebuilt and rewired... phew...

-

Tonight's show on Blu-Ray : "300"

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted February 08, 2010 11:35 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc, your DTS decoder is identical to the unit in theater 10 at work, except the DTS logo is different.

We have 3 DTS theaters: 6, 8 and 10. Only 10 has the unit like yours. 6 has an older unit and 8 has a special unit for open captions.

Douglas, I have all the Chris Lee Draculas on DVD but only 2 on Super 8, (Horror Of) Dracula, and Scars Of Dracula. Scars is red but watchable and the other is pristine, thankfully!

--------------------
My crummy Deviant Art account. Read my poetic tribute to the internet comic strip Ozy & Millie and view my crappy attempts at art.

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2010 05:18 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How many interesting pictures where posted here eh eh eh.
I'm baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted February 09, 2010 06:32 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian, welcome back.

How was Africa? share a bit story of your trip please (at General Yak of course).

And the most important question,did you find some movies?
ps: If you were in South Africa, I am sure you will. Since 16 mm was widely used there.

cheers,

--------------------
Winbert

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 09, 2010 06:35 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Winbert. Thanks a lot.
I'll write soon about this incredible experience.
No 8mm films at all there (I missed my projectors!) but I used my video equipment to shot the trip eh eh eh. Ciao.

--------------------

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2010 03:54 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've red your post right now, Antonis.
Thanks a lot.

--------------------

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted February 10, 2010 12:14 PM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thomas : there's an older unit than the one I run? The inner parts of this one have been upgraded last year, though.
I found the DTS disc for the Runaway Brain short I purchased from you a few months ago. I ran the print yesterday for equalization purposes. [Big Grin]

3D day, today. I'm just back from the advance screening of the stereoscopic version of Toy Story (saw it with the excellent Dolby 3D system) and getting our projector ready for a BD evening with "My Blooby Valentine". Yum.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 10, 2010 05:14 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday Night February 8 2010

DVD Projection

National Lampoon's Gold Diggers
(a.k.a. Lady Killers)

Two young college guys who are down and out on their luck come up with the perfect plan: they will marry two old biddies and it won't be too long before the biddies bite the dust and they live happily ever after with the biddie's estate money & get the girl of their dreams.

This was one of those bargain priced DVD's, only $5.00 - with a cover photo that was too sexy to refuse. The movie is of course kind of dumb. But it had it's funny moments, such as the preacher at the wedding for example.

No Oscars for this one.......

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0376717/

-cg-

Steve Klare
Film Guy

- posted February 11, 2010 04:37 AM      Profile for Steve Klare   Email Steve Klare   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Reels 1 through 3 of "When the North Wind Blows" on Super-8. Reels 4 through 6 tonight.

Side note: I've fallen into this very informal "movie club" at work. Every day at lunchtime they grab a conference room and show a DVD using a laptop and a video projector on the pull-down screen. This week it's been "It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World" in 40 minute segments.

Maybe someday I'll bring an Elmo to work....

--------------------
All I ask is a wide screen and a projector to light her by...

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted February 11, 2010 10:14 AM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Jean-Marc, after looking at the one in theater 6 yesterday, it may just be a different model. It has 3 trays instead of two. One is for a trailer disc. It's also all black and has no LEDs to tell you what the unit is doing.

The open captioned unit in theater 8 is interesting in that it will actually store the discs data in it's memory so the disc itself does not need to be in the unit to work. It can hold up to 30 discs in it's memory and then dumps the last one when it reaches capacity. We keep a clipboard by it with a list of what movies are currently in the unit. I personally loaded the disc and made the entry for Crazy Heart just a week ago. The unit also has a small display that will show info like the reel # playing and elapsed runnning time. A small directional pad is right below the display and that's where you can activate the open captions.

The unit in 10 that looks like yours, is brand new and was just installed last month.

Anyway, since I got sent home early from work yesterday due to the snowstorm, I threaded up the Bell & Howell and watched the following:

Brer Rabbit & The Tar Baby
Robin Hood Rescues Maid Marian
The Rescuers Down Under (2x600' and 1x400')

--------------------

James Wheeler
Junior

- posted February 11, 2010 10:15 AM      Profile for James Wheeler     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is my favorite thread on any forum! More screen shots please.

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2010 01:42 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While I am still tuning up my Babies I took a break to watch a short...This was reportedly the last Mermaid silent comedy and a beautiful Blackhawk standard 8 print 1 x 400ft. The film is HONEYMOONIACS(1929)and stars Monte Collins and Betty Boyd who did not make many films but is adorable. Monte on the other hand made a gazillion films...It is a B/W print but I know that the original nitrate prints were entirely tinted amber (we have one at work) so I added a filter to simulate that (disregard the different hues of the pics since my camera must have been on auto white balance).

-

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2010 07:23 AM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Always a pleasure, Dino!

--------------------

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted February 12, 2010 01:41 PM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thursday's viewings:

On BLU-RAY:

Doctor WHO: The End Of Time Parts 1 & 2
Finally got around to seeing David Tennant's swan song as The Doctor. Great Stuff!

SUPER 8MM:

Allegheny Uprising
Very nice Blackhawk print. Hardly any wear or damage!

[ February 12, 2010, 10:06 PM: Message edited by: Thomas Murin, Jr. ]

--------------------

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2010 05:36 AM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ON THE WATERFRONT in 16mm

Thomas Murin, Jr.
Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2010 09:07 AM      Profile for Thomas Murin, Jr.   Author's Homepage   Email Thomas Murin, Jr.   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday's showings:

DVD:
Fire & Ice

Super 8mm:
Old reel I made as a kid:

Dino's Adorable (Flintstones)
THE FOLLOWING WERE TAKEN FROM KENNER MOVIE VIEWER CASSETTES:
2 Star Wars films
3 Six Million Dollar Man films
1 Peanuts cartoon

Disney reel I got from ebay last week:

The Rescuers: Albatros Airlines & The Rescue
The Aristocats Meet Scat Cat
The Black Hole: Teaser Trailer

Wrapped up the evening's viewing with:

Battlestar Galactica (1x600')

--------------------

John Skujins
Expert Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2010 10:48 AM      Profile for John Skujins   Email John Skujins   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night, "Lena and the Geese" (Mary Pickford, 1912)
followed by "Coffy" 400ft digest. Seeing "Black Dynamite" last week made me choose Coffy. OT, but Black Dynamite was very well done, and hilarious.

Mark Williams
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2010 11:00 AM      Profile for Mark Williams   Email Mark Williams   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
COFFY has got to be the greatest blaxploitation digest ever!!

I also liked BLACK DYNAMITE too.

Dan Lail
Film God

- posted February 13, 2010 02:46 PM      Profile for Dan Lail   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We watched "Yellow Beard" . Optical print with good Eastman color. There was something missing from the big production. Not sure if it the gags or directing. Marty Feldman's last picture(sad).

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted February 13, 2010 05:33 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
13th February 2010, Saturday

Super 8 screening night.
The programme:

Trailers
- HOCUS POCUS (scope)
- FANTASTIC FOUR (scope)
- BATMAN BEGINS (scope)
- AN OFFICER AND A GENTLEMAN (scope)

Feature
- TITANIC (reel #6)

Shorts
- ATLAS UFO ROBOT (episode: 'UNA BASE SEGRETA SULLA TERRA)
- ATLAS UFO ROBOT (episode: 'IL MOSTRO SPAZIALE')

Shots after so longtime.

-  -
 -  -  -  -
 -  -

Equipment: Elmo ST 1200 HD; Sankor 16C Scope lens on Elmo 1,1

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  63  64  65  66  67  68  69  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC