8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » What Films did you show last night? (Page 8)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  229  230  231 

Author Topic: What Films did you show last night?
Patrick Walsh
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2008 06:27 PM      Profile for Patrick Walsh   Email Patrick Walsh   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
last night was the 400fter of TOWERING INFERNO latest buy from Derann.
Pat [Wink]

--------------------
"Raise The Titanic!", It would of been cheaper to lower the Atlantic!

|  IP: Logged

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted December 29, 2008 06:57 PM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Once again, by popular demand, I showed my IB Tech 16mm THE JOLSON STORY. Technicolor projected onto the big screen is amazing. An enjoyable night.

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2008 01:41 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I too ran the 1933 Merri Melodies Vitaphone cartoon:
The Shanty where Santy Claus Lives.
It's a fantastic,seven minutes with great music.
and packed with fun.

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted December 30, 2008 11:37 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Screening Date: December 30

THE DAY OF THE DOLPHIN feature only on super 8 sound.

A good evening in the cinema at home!

I've always thought this is one of the best posts in this forum. In a couple of days, I'll post here again. In the words of Monty Python....."And Now for something completely different!"

So Stay Tuned Folks!

[Big Grin]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted December 31, 2008 03:39 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night we had a selection of scopitones on 16mm. I'm in the Alps helping a good friend building his home cinema. One of the old cellars is being turned into a dedicated theatre. Everything should be operationnal by next summer.

--------------------
The Grindcave Cinema Website

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 02, 2009 07:52 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay everyone, here I am back again. For the past 12 months, I've recorded every single show I ran on my big screen. Has anyone else done that?

You can use a spreadsheet on a clipboard, or even a simple wall calendar. At the start of the new year, put it all down on paper and itemize it. You'll be surprised to know what you can learn....as with this list for 2008, I did not show any super 8 cinemascope OR stereo sound. And that is kind of strange, but there it is in black and white......

SOME PEOPLE 16MM February 18
LOTTERY BRIDE SUPER 8 SOUND March 01
FANTASIA (1940) SUPER 8 SOUND June 19
LET'S MAKE LOVE 16MM SCOPE June 26
GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS (SPANISH) SUPER 8 SOUND June 30
GIRLS GIRLS GIRLS (ENGLISH) SUPER 8 SOUND July 27
SOMETHING SHORT OF PARADISE SUPER 8 SOUND September 23
A GIRL IN EVERY PORT * 16MM October 20
TINKERBELL DVD PANNY November 02
FLYING DEUCES SUPER 8 SOUND November 09
CATTLECALL DVD PANNY November 12
BEDKNOBS & BROOMSTICKS DVD PANNY November 17
STAR WARS - CLONE WARS DVD PANNY November 20
TENDER MERCIES SUPER 8 SOUND November 23
PLANES TRAINS AUTOMOBILES DVD PANNY November 24
TROPIC THUNDER DVD PANNY November 27
N. L. CHRISTMAS VACATION DVD PANNY December 01
TREAD SOFTLY STRANGER SUPER 8 SOUND December 04
IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE! SUPER 8 SOUND December 07
THE GIRL NEXT DOOR DVD PANNY December 10
BILLION DOLLAR HOBO SUPER 8 SOUND December 11
M.M. WONDER EMPORIUM DVD PANNY December 15
ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW DVD PANNY December 26
DAY OF THE DOLPHIN SUPER 8 SOUND December 30

TOTALS:

SUPER 8: 11

16MM: 3

DVD PANNY: 10

SHOWINGS: 24

And just tonight, I will kick off 2009 with the DVD of A CHORUS LINE on my big screen with the Panny AX200U !!

Here's hoping that all of us will have a healthy happy 2009 filled with great screenings!

See you in the booth!!!!!!!!
[Big Grin]

[ January 02, 2009, 11:29 PM: Message edited by: Chip Gelmini ]

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 03, 2009 08:06 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Friday, jan. 2
"Thoroughly Modern Millie" - superb low fade 16mm print.

--------------------

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted January 03, 2009 11:56 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Chip, was that the letterboxed spuer 8 print? I remember Steve Osbourne having a print of that on his lists and I was curious about it. I heard that it was a decent thriller!

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2009 06:21 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The year started on a high note ! On January 1,I screened one of my dreams-come-true acquisitions, the complete Cineavision print of 2001 A SPACE ODYSSEY, with the Elmo ST1200 HD. Both arrived at 6 pm of December 31, so there really is a Santa Claus !! The screening was accompanied with MILLIONAIRE DROOPY,Tom and Jerry in HAPPY GO DUCKY and GOOD WILL TO MEN, all MGM Cinemascope super 8.

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2009 06:41 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi which title are you asking about?

cg

Michael De Angelis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 03, 2009 09:09 PM      Profile for Michael De Angelis   Email Michael De Angelis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Panayotis,

If I am not mistaken, you are perhaps some of few
collectors that own 2001. How is the color quality,
detail and sharpness in the print? How many reels,
and is it on Low fade stock?

--------------------
Isn't it great that we can all communicate about this great
hobby that we love!

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2009 12:33 AM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night was the regular 8 blackhawk short SLAPSTICK, and a silent dramatic short called Finger of Justice (1918)also on regular 8 using my Eumig S 712D

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

John Edwards
Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2009 04:31 AM      Profile for John Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ran great expectations and genevieve full features over christmas beaulieu twin track ran impeccabley five foot screen magic super8 and 16mm new year to everyone JE.

--------------------
theatre is live film is art television is furniture.

Mark Mander
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2009 08:19 AM      Profile for Mark Mander     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I ran a 16mm scope print of Superman 4 last night round a friends house as they've never seen it,looked very good on the big screen and they all enjoyed it....Mark.

--------------------
Elmo GS1200 1.0 lens
Elmo ST1200HD 1.1 lens
Sankyo 800 1.0 lens
Elmo 16CL
Elf NT1

Patrick McGrath
Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2009 11:56 AM      Profile for Patrick McGrath   Email Patrick McGrath   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
At last I can post in this topic!

Last night we ran, Mighty Joe Young feature length on Super 8 and King Kong on 16mm.
Super 8 on my newly revived Yashica P810 and 16mm on a pair of Eiki SSLs.

Along with 4 cartoons(16mm Warners) that is the total of my collection so far!
We also have an older Sharp XV H37U LCD video projector that we enjoy often. I know there are better LCDs out there nowadays but at 12 years old, it still makes for an impressive presentation.
The original Star`Wars on laserdisc(the big box set!) or one of my plethora of Godzilla LDs is especially fun with my six year old son Kenneth!

Fabrizio Mosca
Master Film Handler

- posted January 04, 2009 02:21 PM      Profile for Fabrizio Mosca   Email Fabrizio Mosca   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My New Year's Eve projection was dedicated to cartoons and extracts (Elmo GS800):
- One man band
- No hunting
- Mines of Moria
- Final flight of the Osiris
- A Christmas Caper
- Corn chips
- For the birds
- Gone Nutty
- One froggy evening (first of year 2009...)

and on Jan. 1st I showed for myself only an italian full lenght feature: "Toto Diabolicus" (Fumeo 9119)

Fabrizio

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 05, 2009 11:31 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday Night January 5 2009

The Phantom Menace

DVD Projection

We have begun what we hope will be weekly screenings of the complete Star Wars series, ending the last three with super 8 cinemascope. Following those, we continue with 2001; 2010; Star Trek Generations, and end the series with what else: Spaceballs. Assuming there are no unexpected delays or conflicts, this will take us to March 16th [Big Grin]

Panayotis A. Carayannis
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 10, 2009 06:25 PM      Profile for Panayotis A. Carayannis     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Michael
2001 , in sharpness, is not the best Cineavision print I have seen. this is due to the original master used to make the 8mm prints.This does not mean it is bad,it is very very good, but it simply lacks the top,pin-sharp exellence of other Cineavisions.Although I don't believe it is Low Fade,it has retained its colors, which were muted in the original anyhow,and one can watch the dark scenes easily without tiring.It is 139 minutes on 8 x 400 reels.
An excerpt was shown at the 7th BFCC,in 1982, which Dr Van Tetering attended and he said that up to that day,200 prints had been sold worldwide. So more must have been printed later but it is one of those films that owners seem to hang on to the end.

Jean-Marc Toussaint
Film God

- posted January 11, 2009 04:44 AM      Profile for Jean-Marc Toussaint   Author's Homepage   Email Jean-Marc Toussaint   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My daughter's birthday screening finally happened yesterday evening. It was originally scheduled for dec. 24 but several occurences (guests caught in traffic arriving late, the little one being in a bad mood and me being sick with the flu) led to its cancellation.
Since the program was built up and resting on its spools, and since we had friends over for the day, we all gathered in our basement cinema for a selection of commercials from the 70s, trailers to "Toy Story", "SpongeBob Squarepants", "Owl's Moving Castle", "For the Birds" animated short

[ November 06, 2010, 09:49 AM: Message edited by: Jean-Marc Toussaint ]

--------------------

Chris Smith
Film Handler

- posted January 12, 2009 08:42 PM      Profile for Chris Smith     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm getting a few reels ready to list on eBay and tonight I watched WINGS TO BRITAIN, a 1957 16mm IB Tech travelogue which was produced for Pan American Airlines. Hey--looks like a fun place to visit, for sure!

Gian Luca Mario Loncrini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2009 03:36 PM      Profile for Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Author's Homepage   Email Gian Luca Mario Loncrini   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night it was time for THE RESCUERS and DAWN OF THE DEAD. I know it's a little wierd - a cartoon and a horror movie! - but I'm selling one of my two copies of this Romero's cult (the first I had and kept for so many years) so it was a good way to say BYE BYE. And tonight? LITTLE RASCALS! I'm in love with those funny episodes!

-

--------------------
I remember when I was (super) 8 years old...

Keith Ashfield
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2009 04:17 PM      Profile for Keith Ashfield     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Gian Luca. Welcome to the Forum. Nice to see you posting here, at last. I hope you enjoyed your copy of "Grease".
Regards,
Keith

--------------------
"We'll find 'em in the end, I promise you. We'll find 'em. Just as sure as a turnin' of the earth".

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 13, 2009 06:37 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Monday Night January 12

Star Wars Pt 2 - "Attack of the Clones"

DVD projection.

A continued screening of all 7 Star Wars films, combining DVD projection with super 8 cinemascope.

[Big Grin]

Dino Everette
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted January 15, 2009 09:12 PM      Profile for Dino Everette     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just watched a couple of old castle films "Old Time Movies" cowboy thrillers on regular 8 200 footers.
One was called Border Law and the other Revenge on the Range The characters in both were similar, and each played like an episode of a serial. Does anyone know what these films actually are?

--------------------
"You're too Far Out Miss Lawrence"

Rob Koeling
Master Film Handler

- posted January 16, 2009 05:49 AM      Profile for Rob Koeling     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Last night a 16mm print of 'A bout de souffle' with Jean Paul Belmondo and Jean Seberg. Very nice!

Last week, I showed the little ones (5 and 7) a S8 print of Buster Keaton's 'One Week'. I was a bit reluctant to show the print since it hasn't a music track, but it was a big hit. Who needs a music track if the room is filled with laughter!
The print isn't terribly good for a Blackhawk print, though. I was wondering if there are better prints around.

- Rob

All times are Central
This topic comprises 231 pages: 1  2  3  ...  5  6  7  8  9  10  11  ...  229  230  231 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC