8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Nikon R10's double claw

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Nikon R10's double claw
Pedro Munyoz
Junior

- posted March 03, 2008 09:38 AM      Profile for Pedro Munyoz   Email Pedro Munyoz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've just received a Nikon R10 and I've noticed that the inferior claw in the film gate does't move when the camera is running without a cartdrige in. I've had no other double-clawed camera, so I don't know if it's the film that's got to move the claw (and so it doesn't move by itself when the camera has no cartdrige in it) or if, conversely, it is the claw that moves the film (and so my camera happens to be broken).

Can anyone help me out?

Thank you!
Pedro Muņoz

|  IP: Logged

Knut Nordahl
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2008 11:19 AM      Profile for Knut Nordahl   Email Knut Nordahl   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Pedro, There has been some long discussions at www.filmshooting.com about the R10 and pulldown mechanism. Do a search there and see what pops up. I seem to remember something about it having a stop pin and not to claws?. Don't know really.

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted March 03, 2008 01:34 PM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Indeed the R10 has one claw for film transport and another one which keeps the film exactly in position for exposure. This is a common feature of professional 16mm cameras.

Joerg

Jim Carlile
Film Handler

- posted March 05, 2008 03:58 AM      Profile for Jim Carlile   Email Jim Carlile   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The secondary claw only moves for stabilizing special effects-- dissolves, that kind of thing. That's what it's for. Nothing to worry about.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC