8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Elmo GS1200-- can anyone help please

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Elmo GS1200-- can anyone help please
Colin Edwards
Junior

- posted April 08, 2008 10:50 AM      Profile for Colin Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I`ve bought a GS1200, and it`s been damaged in shipping,
would anyone know where I might get it looked at.
I do know a Eumig engineer who used to work for Johnson of
Hendon for years and is very good,but Iam looking for someone
who knows Elmos and who would take a look at it for me.

|  IP: Logged

Jean-Christophe Deblock
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 08, 2008 12:48 PM      Profile for Jean-Christophe Deblock     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Colin,

I think that Kevin Faulkner could probably help you.

Regards,

JC.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 09, 2008 03:27 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sounds like this one is a job for Bill Parsons.

Bill Parsons
Repairs to most makes of projector, Elmo's a speciality.
billparsons at bparsons97 dot freeserve co uk

[ April 10, 2008, 06:38 PM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Colin Edwards
Junior

- posted April 09, 2008 03:50 AM      Profile for Colin Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, thank you so much, I will give Bill a ring and see if he can help me.

Adrian Winchester
Film God

- posted April 09, 2008 05:32 PM      Profile for Adrian Winchester     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
A friend of mine recently took Bill a GS that many people would have considered a 'write off'. As a result of Bill's extraordinary skills, it's now in perfect working order.

--------------------
Adrian Winchester

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2008 03:30 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Exactly the same thing happened with my machine Adrian. It's the one that now boasts HTI illumination and used at the BFCC.

--------------------
British Film Collectors Convention home page www.bfcc.biz. The site is for the whole of the film collecting hobby and not just the BFCC.

Bill Parsons
Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2008 02:56 PM      Profile for Bill Parsons   Email Bill Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks for the comments chaps, at least I know I have two fans! I have had a chat with Colin tonight, should be able to sort his problems out ok.
Apparently the projector was only packed in newspaper when it was shipped to him, I have seen some horrendous damage done to poorly packed projectors, I find the best way to ship them (if you do not have the original box) is to wrap them in bubble wrap.

Bill.

Paul Adsett
Film God

- posted April 10, 2008 03:43 PM      Profile for Paul Adsett     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bill, your comment reminds me of the first time I bought a GS1200 on ebay. When it arrived I found the seller had packed the whole projector in a box of styrofoam popcorn! I spent the next week extracting foam particles from all the innards of the machine! [Mad]

--------------------
The best of all worlds- 8mm, super 8mm, 9.5mm, and HD Digital Projection,
Elmo GS1200 f1.0 2-blade
Eumig S938 Stereo f1.0 Ektar
Panasonic PT-AE4000U digital pj

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 10, 2008 06:34 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
It amazes me the way some people pack these machines. I'm sure Bill will get it all sorted for you Colin.

John C, I'm not sure that it's a good practice to give telephone numbers out on public forum [Eek!]
Bill, I hope you dont get too many nuisance calls. I have just removed your telephone number to make sure that doesnt happen but left your email address.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

John Clancy
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2008 05:31 AM      Profile for John Clancy   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I did worry about that Kevo but as we've advertized Bill to the world on bfcc.biz I didn't think it would make too much difference.

My own telephone number appeared in a classic car magazine this month and despite my concerns about nuisance calls all I've had is this particularly sexy sounding woman ringing me from Bangkok asking for a date.

I'm flying out there next week!!!

--------------------

Mal Brake
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2008 05:35 AM      Profile for Mal Brake     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John,
Two things; 1) make sure it's not one of Alan Patridge's ladyboys
2) be back in time for the BFCC

--------------------
I'm gonna live forever or die trying

Bill Parsons
Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2008 12:19 PM      Profile for Bill Parsons   Email Bill Parsons   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
John, I have just had a phone call from the same woman in Bangkok, which one of us is going to get there first?

Colin Edwards
Junior

- posted May 16, 2008 04:40 AM      Profile for Colin Edwards     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi all,
I thought I would give you an update on the GS 1200,
which should now be called the THE BIONIC ELMO as it was
in such a poor state with numerous problems, untill Bill Parson rebuilt it for me, and at a very reasonable price, and it now runs like a dream.

On collection I had a chance to see Bill`s work shop which
was filled with all makes of projectors Eumigs, Elmos, Fumos, Sankyo, and many more, and he also had lots of spars parts and
the tools, he says he can repair most types of film projectors, it was a very impressive site to see,

Also as an added bonus I had a demonstration his Xenon GS1200 projector in his home cinema, which was very enjoyable,

So it`s a big thank you to Bill Parsons, and all of you who
replied to my crys for help, it just gose to show you how
important this type of fourm is to film collectors.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC