8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » Classic Home Cinema's web site

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Classic Home Cinema's web site
James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2008 06:25 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi.

Has anyone on the forum tried CHC's web site lately? I seem to be having trouble navigating. Whenever I try to go to a particular section, like "news", or "new releases", it just jumps me back to the main page of the web site.

I don't have the flash player, but I usually can brouse in a "text only" capacity. If anyone tries to navigate the site, let me know what happens.

James.

http://homeclassiccinema.moonfruit.com/

|  IP: Logged

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 10, 2008 06:27 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
Just tried it and it worked fine for me. Try clearing you browsers cache.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Joerg Niggemann
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2008 08:01 PM      Profile for Joerg Niggemann   Email Joerg Niggemann   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Slightly off-topic:

The site is ok, but I always wonder why they don't promote their S8 full length features. Somebody in this forum talked about the CHC print of "the world is not enough". I tried to get a catalogue but they couldn't accept a credit card payment of 5 euros. What other S8 full length features do they hide from potential customers...?

Joerg

Alan Rik
Film God

- posted April 10, 2008 09:04 PM      Profile for Alan Rik   Email Alan Rik   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Full Feature of "The Rose" in Cinemascope and Stereo Sound....its on the down low..so hush hush.! [Smile]

James N. Savage 3
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 10, 2008 09:32 PM      Profile for James N. Savage 3     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Good one ALAN! [Wink]

James.

[ April 11, 2008, 04:28 AM: Message edited by: Kevin Faulkner ]

Maurice Leakey
Film God

- posted April 11, 2008 03:33 AM      Profile for Maurice Leakey   Email Maurice Leakey   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I find the list of films very hard to read due to the layout.

As regards credit cards, I believe Classic will not accept for payments under £10.

--------------------
Maurice

Joerg Polzfusz
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2008 06:38 AM      Profile for Joerg Polzfusz   Author's Homepage   Email Joerg Polzfusz   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi,

the page works fine for me as well, even at the "text-only-mode". (I disabled Flash, Shockwave, Java and Javascript via the Firefox' No-Script-Plugin as a test.)

Jörg

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted April 11, 2008 11:15 AM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, my question is ...

Why "The Rose"? I mean, the 400ft covered everything really worth seeing in the film, (granted, personal opinion), why a scope feature of this?

With features costing so much brand new, it doesn't make sense.

Kind of like what happened with "End of Days".

It has been constantly talked about ...

" We need to support the hobby if we want to see it survive in the future..."

But we have to have the releases that, quite frankly, make sense, (in other words, films that we as collectors are REALLY wanting!)

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted April 11, 2008 01:38 PM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just to echo what Maurice said above - I find the whole site too difficult to read these days. The 16mm titles are just listed in small print like one long essay.

-Mike

Joe Taffis
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted April 11, 2008 02:36 PM      Profile for Joe Taffis   Email Joe Taffis   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi, Rik was only kidding about the "Rose" feature...weren't you???? [Wink]

--------------------
Joe Taffis

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted April 11, 2008 05:43 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
No he wasn't. As it's his favorite he's got 2 copies [Big Grin]

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

All times are Central  
   Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC