8mm Forum

my profile | my password | search | faq | register | forum home
  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» 8mm Forum   » 8mm Forum   » A request of the forum supervisors ... (Page 1)

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!  
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Author Topic: A request of the forum supervisors ...
Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 12, 2008 09:04 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
To Doug, Kevin and Brad!

A request, perchance ...

Would it be possible to make mot a post, but a continuing section, above the 8mm films for sale post section for instance, that would list all the known Super 8 distributors or sellers still around, with a link, so that it wouldn't appear down the line of posts and then become a bother to try to bring back up. Some of the companies, (at least ones I know of) that could be listed for instance ...

Rake films
Derann
CHC
Perry's Movies
Independent 8
that German site (don't know it's name)
Buckingham films
Dave Thomas films, (If He's still around)
ect ect.
Perhaps a link to the big EBAY UK page, (it's about 8 or 9 pages as a general rule)

With one continual link up top, instead of a series of posts, they could all be found easily and perused. This would also, I believe, make more sales be made, as they would be easily accesible.

What do you think?

--------------------
"All these moments will be lost in time, just like ... tears, in the rain. "

|  IP: Logged

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 12, 2008 10:32 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Osi,

Since your post pertains to 8mm films, I've moved it from the "General Yak" section.

Sure! Your request is easy enough to do, just give me a day or two. Perry's doesn't have a web site, and I'm not sure which German site you're refering to. I'll also include Paul Foster. Forum members can post here to add additional listings.

Doug

--------------------
I think there's room for just one more film.....

Chip Gelmini
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted June 12, 2008 10:58 PM      Profile for Chip Gelmini     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dave Thomas can be found on Ebay:

http://stores.ebay.com/DAVE-THOMAS-FILMS-AND-VINTAGE-VINYL_W0QQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247

cg

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 12, 2008 11:51 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thanks Doug!

Sorry about the spelling mistakes, but you were able to get the gist of it. I take it Perry's just posts a list when he feels like it. That's cool. I just felt that to have a list of this sort would make it very easy for forum members to check out the continual internet listings of these sellers and couldn't hurt but make even more sales. Funny, I completely forgot about Paul foster.

--------------------

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 13, 2008 12:00 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Done! Osi, thanks for the suggestion, and thanks for the link, Chip.

The list is composed of those who specialize in film (new & used) sales. I've purposely left out establishments that may list a few used films on their sites but primarily sell supplies.

Please let me know of any others.

Doug

--------------------

Kevin Faulkner
Film God

- posted June 13, 2008 04:34 PM      Profile for Kevin Faulkner         Edit/Delete Post 
I did do a sticky for Derann at the top of some of the sections and it would be possible to expand on that as well.

Kev.

--------------------
GS1200 Xenon with Elmo 1.0...great combo along with a 16-CL Xenon for that super bright white light.

Osi Osgood
Film God

- posted June 13, 2008 08:50 PM      Profile for Osi Osgood   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know if it would pay to list them, but that shop in australia that's supposed to have a lot of brand new prints, (Woody Woodpeckers and the like).

Also, does anybody have a link to that German Super 8 site?
I can't remember it well, but it has opticals as well as those nice rare 2X400ft german editions.

--------------------

Eric Baucher
Expert Film Handler

- posted June 14, 2008 04:40 PM      Profile for Eric Baucher   Author's Homepage   Email Eric Baucher   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
and Douglas Meltzer should have "Yoda of Film catalogs" placed under his name! [Smile]

Michael O'Regan
Film God

- posted July 05, 2008 02:05 AM      Profile for Michael O'Regan   Email Michael O'Regan   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
http://www.marriottworld.com/

Eberhard Nuffer
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 13, 2009 09:31 AM      Profile for Eberhard Nuffer   Email Eberhard Nuffer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Filmdose
Michael Schneider
Braunschweiger Strasse 77
12055 Berlin
Germany
Telephone: 0049-30-6067882
Mobile: 0049-177-4591569
E-Mail: bryskoschneider@yahoo.de
http://www.filmdose-berlin.de/

Topfilm
Van de Kleut's Handelsbureau
Toni van de Kleut
Westerkade 19
1015 XE Amsterdam
The Netherlands
Tel.: 020-624 1974
Fax: 020-625 2790
E-Mail: info@topfilm.nl

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted August 14, 2009 11:46 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug, I searched through an old thread "8mm Dealers" and got some companies which have not been listed here. So I tried to update especially for one company in Australia and it does still exist. So please add on Super 8mm Film Distributors and Sellers thread. They are:

1. Tua Film Services

(no website but a great monthly booklet and film list)

Tel/Fax 0116 289 0531
17 Kingsway
Leicester
LE3 2JL
UK

2. Hailsham camera Centre
[good stock of cine equipment]
http://www.camcentre.co.uk/

3. Films on Super 8 (Film Projector Hire Co)

http://users.tpg.com.au/leytonho/fos8/

Lvl3/ 563 Elizabeth St
Surry Hills NSW 2010,
AUSTRALIA
+61-2-9699-8777

thanks,

winbert

--------------------
Winbert

Mike Peckham
Phenomenal Film Handler

- posted August 14, 2009 01:04 PM      Profile for Mike Peckham   Email Mike Peckham   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Are Tua film services still going? I used to get their list but haven't done for some time. They were always very friendly people to deal with.

Mike [Cool]

--------------------
Auntie Em must have stopped wondering where I am by now...

Stewart John Boyle
Expert Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2009 09:45 AM      Profile for Stewart John Boyle   Email Stewart John Boyle   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here`s one i came across

http://www.theoldfilmcompany.com/

--------------------
I`ve, seen things you people wouldn`t believe,

Greg Marshall
Jedi Master Film Handler

- posted November 21, 2009 02:02 PM      Profile for Greg Marshall     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
BTW, I really like Paul Foster's site. The listings may not be updated each week, but there are some great titles on there. He had one of the Close Encounters, full length, and a Star Wars print as well. Of course, the story of my life, I was too late for either one. Worth taking a look at, though.

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 21, 2009 03:07 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Has anyone had dealings with the company Stewart mentioned?

Doug

--------------------

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted November 21, 2009 03:37 PM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Paul is great, I'm a customer who enjoys the quality he provides - Rare, collector shorts, some I never thought were on 8mm at all - Cheers, Shorty

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 21, 2009 06:56 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While we are in this topic, can Brad or Doug remove one sticky post that only mentions Derann, i.e:

Derann Film Services

because we have a more comprehensive one (where Derann is also there):

Super 8mm Film Distributors and Sellers

We have to try to limit sticky posts as less as we can to make the forum is nicer to be read.

just my 2 cents,

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted November 22, 2009 08:19 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry Winbert, I think Derann deserves it's very own post.

Doug

--------------------

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted November 22, 2009 09:29 PM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Sorry Winbert, I think Derann deserves it's very own post.
Thanks Doug, I was just bothered with two sticky posts with the same contains.

{update] Anyway when you are saying that, I just checked the sticky posts above and what you are saying is gone now !!!.

OK Doug, thanks you read my mind.

BTW, can you add on the Distributor list for some more info as follows:

1. Tua Film Services

(no website but a great monthly booklet and film list)

Tel/Fax 0116 289 0531
17 Kingsway
Leicester
LE3 2JL
UK

2. Hailsham camera Centre
[good stock of cine equipment]
http://www.camcentre.co.uk/

3. Films on Super 8 (Film Projector Hire Co)

http://users.tpg.com.au/leytonho/fos8/

Lvl3/ 563 Elizabeth St
Surry Hills NSW 2010,
AUSTRALIA
+61-2-9699-8777

thanks,

--------------------
Winbert

Thomas Stathes
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 26, 2010 03:12 PM      Profile for Thomas Stathes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Doug,

I usually have some stock of 8mm for sale, though not listed on my website. If you'd like to reference http://cartoonsonfilm.com anyway for used 8mm/Super8/16mm prints, people can contact me through there for lists. If the website itself is too unrelated, I understand. [Wink]

--------------------
Drop me a line at CartoonsOnFilm@gmail.com

Douglas Meltzer

- posted April 26, 2010 03:58 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi Tom,

I would say that the website needs to have a constant list of films for sale. In one of the earlier posts I wrote "The list is composed of those who specialize in film (new & used) sales. I've purposely left out establishments that may list a few used films on their sites but primarily sell supplies."

Sorry!

Doug

--------------------

Thomas Stathes
Expert Film Handler

- posted April 27, 2010 01:15 AM      Profile for Thomas Stathes   Author's Homepage     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Completely understood! [Smile]

At some point I might add a list, but not for the foreseeable future. It's good having the list of other sites referenced here in one page.

--------------------
Drop me a line at CartoonsOnFilm@gmail.com

Joe Caruso
Film God

- posted June 15, 2010 10:41 AM      Profile for Joe Caruso     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Great list Doug, anything on Mountain and Walton - I'll pay for a catalog on Mountaion JUST to see all the RKO releases - I gotta know, Shorty

Winbert Hutahaean
Film God

- posted June 19, 2010 06:46 AM      Profile for Winbert Hutahaean     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Doug,

You can update the list with this: The Old Film Company (UK)

They have a bunch of used films list and regular service.

thanks

--------------------
Winbert

Douglas Meltzer

- posted June 19, 2010 07:09 PM      Profile for Douglas Meltzer   Email Douglas Meltzer   Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Winbert,

Done! How did you find the site?

Doug

--------------------

All times are Central
This topic comprises 2 pages: 1  2 

Close Topic    Move Topic    Delete Topic    next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Visit www.film-tech.com for free equipment manual downloads. Copyright 2003-2019 Film-Tech Cinema Systems LLC